Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 10:20 AM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I sure hope you keep posting here and representing the, um, "thinking" processes of a Christian fundavangelist.
I didn't think they could get any worse. Then this one shows up and blows the needle right off the Creep-O-Meter.

Sometimes I'm envious of you non-believers. You don't have to have any perceived association with a group like this that represents a corruption of your spiritual beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
I sure hope you keep posting here and representing the, um, "thinking" processes of a Christian fundavangelist.
The Bible is indeed offensive to the world, but it's as sweet as honey to the born again.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:25 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I didn't think they could get any worse. Then this one shows up and blows the needle right off the Creep-O-Meter.

Sometimes I'm envious of you non-believers. You don't have to have any perceived association with a group like this that represents a corruption of your spiritual beliefs.
You support sodomy, yet you call me creepy? Only the antichrist generation could be so reprobate.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:

Here's your (and other liberal Christians') problem:

Where Christianity went off the rails was trying to tie the Jesus story to the OT and assigning his fatherhood to the psychotic OT god. And then to mash things up even further, introduce the holy ghost/spirit into the equation.

Ya shoulda oughtta kept the Jesus story separate: Rebel with a cause appears in the ME seeking to shake up the system and demonstrate admirable concepts such as tolerance, forgiveness and love. Convinces many that yeah, these are good ideas. Like ripples whipped into waves, the Word goes out to all and sundry. Wars cease and a worldwide hugathon commences. Everyone lives and dies happily ever after.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You guys had to drag in the psycho and a convoluted mishmash of nonsense and thuggery ensued.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It's widely believed that God sent AIDS to judge the modern day sodomites; heterosexuals were affected too. But, the sodomite community experienced alot of death in the 1980's.
Welcome to the 1980's and the AIDS crisis. For those of you who weren't around then, this was the common belief of fundamentalists, evangelicals and people on the far-right politically. It is the attitude that led some of those people to abandon their gay sons on their death beds.

I consider it vomit-inducing.

Once again the dark, ugly heart of fundamentalism is exposed.

Old 06-02-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You support sodomy, yet you call me creepy? Only the antichrist generation could be so reprobate.
The very fact that you see "support sodomy" over "support loving and accepting others" is very creepy, yes.

I don't look at people I know and think about sodomy. Get your mind out of the gutter.

You know, you can sit there and think you're funny and call me the anti-Christ generation or whatever slurs you want, but it doesn't bother me at all. The fact remains that God knows what's inside my soul and he gets to decide what to do with me and where I should go and what I should do, not YOU. Just who do you think YOU are? I see nothing more than some overly judgmental, self-righteous schmoe hiding behind a computer pointing fingers at everyone else and getting hot and excited over the idea of who those OTHER people are who are gonna roast in the pits of hell. Yes, it's especially creepy because the focus of you and your comrades on the sex lives of other human beings brings forth in you a reaction of excitement at the condemnation of others that appears to be itself very close to sexual ecstasy. VERY creepy.

You will have answer for yourself someday, my friend. Something to seriously consider when you're alone and lying in your bed in the dark and silence.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:07 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Welcome to the 1980's and the AIDS crisis. For those of you who weren't around then, this was the common belief of fundamentalists, evangelicals and people on the far-right politically. It is the attitude that led some of those people to abandon their gay sons on their death beds.

I consider it vomit-inducing.

Once again the dark, ugly heart of fundamentalism is exposed.
Not all of us think that way. No one should abandon someone in need. That runs contrary to the example of Christ who even reached out to a leper.

I don't believe God sends diseases to judge people either. Christ paid the death penalty for all our sins so there shouldn't be additional penalties or punishments for living a sinful lifestyle. Now there are natural consequences to sin and God will allow those to occur.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Yet, those homosexuals' corpses are in the grave just the same.
:ta pe:

Old 06-02-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Here's your (and other liberal Christians') problem:

Where Christianity went off the rails was trying to tie the Jesus story to the OT and assigning his fatherhood to the psychotic OT god. And then to mash things up even further, introduce the holy ghost/spirit into the equation.

Ya shoulda oughtta kept the Jesus story separate: Rebel with a cause appears in the ME seeking to shake up the system and demonstrate admirable concepts such as tolerance, forgiveness and love. Convinces many that yeah, these are good ideas. Like ripples whipped into waves, the Word goes out to all and sundry. Wars cease and a worldwide hugathon commences. Everyone lives and dies happily ever after.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You guys had to drag in the psycho and a convoluted mishmash of nonsense and thuggery ensued.
Well, hey, TD, you know I love to write and that I am one of the favorites asked to read and edit the work of other writers in my group. And then I waste my time on here to avoid actually finishing my own work. But I digress.

Paul didn't ask me to do that for him. Probably because I wasn't born until 1958 and his head had long been separated from his body and gone to worm food. But I woulda been glad to help. And that thing about women keeping their mouth shut would have been redlined OUT, among other passages.

We liberal, studying, discussing Christians agree about the going into the OT and back-tagging certain portions of Jewish scripture as Christian prophecy. You know that, don't you?

As for the holy spirit, that's just the term for the manifestation of God/The Divine/the Universe/The Name working and interacting with humanity. It doesn't make you babble incoherently or fall on the floor and thrash around or want to get bitten by poisonous snakes. It's just that still small voice, and can appear in many forms. Like maybe a bird.

The wars aren't gonna cease and the big hugathon isn't going to happen, because we're all still human. But those of us who embrace the teachings will keep trying to do some good in and bring some love to our little corners of the world, as best we can.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
...snip...

The wars aren't gonna cease and the big hugathon isn't going to happen, because we're all still human. But those of us who embrace the teachings will keep trying to do some good in our little corners of the world, as best we can.
And I applaud your efforts.

And I know you're aware that good works are also practiced by those who do not embrace those teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity