Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Now there are natural consequences to sin and God will allow those to occur.

You sin. Not to pry, but, since you brought it up....are you suffering from any diseases as a result? What has God "allowed" as a "natural consequence" for your sins?

Going by that theory your church must look like a MASH unit since it's full of sinners. The health department should probably be notified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 11:23 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And I applaud your efforts.

And I know you're aware that good works are also practiced by those who do not embrace those teachings.
Very aware! And I'm also a firm believer that the different paths are all going up the same mountain.

Had that very discussion a few months ago with an Orthodox Jew with whom I was on coffee duty while serving lunch to a crowd of mostly Cantonese immigrants from Chinatown at Trinity Church at the foot of Wall Street in NYC. The program that day was being run by my employer's Asian-American Society, so I was asked to participate by two of my coworkers--a Muslim and a Buddhist.

I could never in good conscience claim that the way I follow is the "right" one. It goes against everything I know in my heart to be true.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:28 AM

10,091 posts, read 5,741,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You sin. Not to pry, but, since you brought it up....are you suffering from any diseases as a result? What has God "allowed" as a "natural consequence" for your sins?

Going by that theory your church must look like a MASH unit since it's full of sinners. The health department should probably be notified.
If I engaged in extremely risky sexual behavior and got a STD as a result, I wouldn't blame God. That would be the natural consequence as a result of my actions.

Old 06-02-2016, 11:41 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
If I engaged in extremely risky sexual behavior and got a STD as a result, I wouldn't blame God. That would be the natural consequence as a result of my actions.
So then ALL sexual behavior is risky?

Old 06-02-2016, 11:44 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
So.....no natural consequences for YOUR sins? God is "allowing" STDs but you're even though you are sinning God is, somehow, saying, "No natural consequences for you Jeff!" Aren't you the lucky one.

p.s. There are nice women in Podunk who have STDs because their husbands, some of whom wouldn't think if missing church, had sex outside of marriage then infected their innocent wives. Does God "allow" those women to have a disease because of their husband's sin? How does that work in Jeff's version of religion?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:17 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Read Jeremiah. God said to not even mourn over the dead, as His peace had left those stiff necked people. When God rises up in judgement, he can hate as much as He loves -- so that makes for a lot of hate. Remember Noah's day.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:22 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,948,121 times
Are the multitudes who are damned in hell shouting about how loving God is?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,238,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Read Jeremiah. God said to not even mourn over the dead, as His peace had left those stiff necked people. When God rises up in judgement, he can hate as much as He loves -- so that makes for a lot of hate. Remember Noah's day.
"Mourn the dead, fight like hell for the living." - Mother Jones

Old 06-02-2016, 12:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,203,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Are the multitudes who are damned in hell shouting about how loving God is?
You tell us.

Because such a hell exists only in your imagination.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:59 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You tell us.

Because such a hell exists only in your imagination.
Damn, that was good.

Sorry, got the 'too soon' message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity