Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,426,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daingerfield View Post
The trinity is from Babylon, Egypt, Persia, Caanan and other Pagan places. It was not in Judaism or early church. Think God is 3 people? Who conceived Jesus, the Father or the Holy Ghost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Actually, no. The link I posted earlier demonstrates how the concept is in the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, they struggled with the deity of Christ, which they resolved by making him a God?
Quote:
Actually, Jesus was the creative word, and recognized as God the same way that you recognize someone by the sound of their voice. John chapter 1 shows his Divinity.
The book is syncretistic in nature, and not his voice.

Old 11-10-2016, 12:25 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,643,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I don't find your view to be more Biblical, nor do I find the Trinity confusing. I know what I believe, and why I believe it, and why the Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox churches hold to the Trinitarian view. I've already shown Scripture which show that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct 'Persons' within the Godhead, and won't bother repeating them.

Hold to whatever belief you want. Again, I know why I believe what I believe and I have no need to shove it down your throat. I will let what I've already said in posts# 5, 83 and 89 be enough.
ya, it's plenty, Mike555, wadr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

Old 11-10-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Beginning of what?...G-d has no beginning...
You would have to argue that with Scripture, Richard1965

Old 11-10-2016, 01:04 AM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:

Old 11-10-2016, 02:53 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,103,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
There is nothing to argue...It says, "In the beginning"...So, follow the thought through...If the Word in fact is Jesus...

Old 11-10-2016, 03:44 AM

134 posts, read 59,714 times
Quote:
The bible is not syncretistic, but churches are. Church organizations, especially catholic and orthodox, take the jewish bible teachings and combine them with regional/local pagan teachings. This combination of Jewish and pagan theology called ecuminicalism forms a new religion that is part truth and part fiction. People who reject these new false teachings are called heretics.

Old 11-10-2016, 04:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,103,674 times
Quote:
The bible is not syncretistic, but churches are. Church organizations, especially catholic and orthodox, take the jewish bible teachings and combine them with regional/local pagan teachings. This combination of Jewish and pagan theology called ecuminicalism forms a new religion that is part truth and part fiction. People who reject these new false teachings are called heretics.
So, do you reject a one-world religion?...

Old 11-10-2016, 07:30 AM

you might seek a better def of "religion," Richard1965, than the one that encompasses seeking God on His terms, which is sort of the opposite of religion, imo, "Man's attempts to seek God." Religion always requires and presupposes a State, briefly.
Quote:
funny though, the Book initially presents as quite unsyncrawhatsis, and His Voice strikes me as synced. So you might expand on your concept here, this is cool, ty.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Blasphemy!!!, lol. Ya, this is designed to occlude Word, i am convinced.
This is why you run when asked if you have any problems with this, in that case:

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

See, because this describes the "Trinity" as you understand it, and
the real verse describes the correct understanding,
namely that all Three are WORD.

"In the beginning was the WORD" = GOD.
"And the WORD was with GOD" = HOLY SPIRIT
"And the WORD was GOD." = SON
Quote:
Beginning of what?...G-d has no beginning...
Quote:
Quote:
There is nothing to argue...It says, "In the beginning"...So, follow the thought through...If the Word in fact is Jesus...
I'm afraid i am not getting you, because the Book relates the beginning to us, Creation, and you are trying to make a point from there about God, so i am suffering too much CD, i guess? lol

Old 11-10-2016, 07:40 AM

134 posts, read 59,714 times
Quote:
So, do you reject a one-world religion?...
I reject ecumenicalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity