Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 07:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daingerfield View Post
I reject ecumenicalism.
That's not what I asked...

Old 11-10-2016, 07:52 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,287 times
Um, how is the Book not syncaretic, if i am finding Greek gods in it, and Hammurabi, very much.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:11 AM

134 posts, read 59,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I don't find your view to be more Biblical, nor do I find the Trinity confusing. I know what I believe, and why I believe it, and why the Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox churches hold to the Trinitarian view. I've already shown Scripture which show that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct 'Persons' within the Godhead, and won't bother repeating them.

Hold to whatever belief you want. Again, I know why I believe what I believe and I have no need to shove it down your throat. I will let what I've already said in posts# 5, 83 and 89 be enough.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I used to believe in the Trinity myself 40 year ago. I know where you are coming from. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That's not what I asked...
What one world religion are you referring to? I don't see everybody in the world ever agreeing on one religion. unless you are referring to the millinium when Jesus rules. If Jesus is in Jerusalem I am up with that. Otherwise count me out.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The book is syncretistic in nature, and not his voice.
Quote:
The bible is not syncretistic, but churches are. Church organizations, especially catholic and orthodox, take the jewish bible teachings and combine them with regional/local pagan teachings. This combination of Jewish and pagan theology called ecuminicalism forms a new religion that is part truth and part fiction. People who reject these new false teachings are called heretics.
It's a composite of the various beliefs and thoughts of men.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
True, but all these beliefs and thoughts agree. As the theology grows and the knowledge expands its stays true to its origin and does not make changes. Plant an apple seed and you will get a tree that produces apples which contain apple seeds. You will not get oranges if you plant apples. The Bible does the same from Genesis to Revelation.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:51 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,287 times
Quote:
The bible is not syncretistic, but churches are. Church organizations, especially catholic and orthodox, take the jewish bible teachings and combine them with regional/local pagan teachings. This combination of Jewish and pagan theology called ecuminicalism forms a new religion that is part truth and part fiction. People who reject these new false teachings are called heretics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, do you reject a one-world religion?...
Quote:
I reject ecumenicalism.
Quote:
What one world religion are you referring to? I don't see everybody in the world ever agreeing on one religion. unless you are referring to the millinium when Jesus rules. If Jesus is in Jerusalem I am up with that. Otherwise count me out.
Quote:
Quote:
True, but all these beliefs and thoughts agree. As the theology grows and the knowledge expands its stays true to its origin and does not make changes. Plant an apple seed and you will get a tree that produces apples which contain apple seeds. You will not get oranges if you plant apples. The Bible does the same from Genesis to Revelation.
funny thing about planting an apple seed; apple seeds do not breed true to type. interesting that you used that example, to me.

So i had to go look that word up, "ecumenism," i got led to; which i disagree with, to, in Est'd churches; while still holding that a Muslim or Hindu practicing righteousness is my brother. so, i see a counterfeit, and the real, seems to me.

i've read through your stream here, like 3 times now; still can't decide if you are ok with some sect, your sect, of Est'd religion, or not? ty

Old 11-11-2016, 06:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
The book is syncretistic in nature, and not his voice.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A plumcot is a natural cross hybrid between plums and apricots, which exhibit plum like traits.
However, there are now several varieties, and all are a crossbreed of these two particular fruits.

Do you have a preference on the flavor that dominates?

Old 11-13-2016, 08:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
That is a wildly improbale claim, especially since the Old Testament is a history of the changing perceptions on the nature of God through the history of the Hebrew people.

Old 11-13-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
funny thing about planting an apple seed; apple seeds do not breed true to type. interesting that you used that example, to me.

So i had to go look that word up, "ecumenism," i got led to; which i disagree with, to, in Est'd churches; while still holding that a Muslim or Hindu practicing righteousness is my brother. so, i see a counterfeit, and the real, seems to me.

i've read through your stream here, like 3 times now; still can't decide if you are ok with some sect, your sect, of Est'd religion, or not? ty
I accept the bible only. I do not have a sect, belong to a sect, or follow a sect. Neither do I believe in established Religion. All religious groups are part truth and part fiction, yet claim to have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Each church claims to be the true Church. There are a few thousand different organizations, so somebody is lying. When you join one they try to indoctrinate you with their version of truth. If you disagree, they don't want you around anymore. Which is cool, because who wants to sit in a hard pew and listen to somebody lie to them, when you can stay home, sit on a comfortable couch and let a TV preacher lie to you. I just stick with the Bible. If somebody comes up with something from the bible that I haven't noticed before, I will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity