Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 10:20 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,252,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daingerfield View Post
The trinity is from Babylon, Egypt, Persia, Caanan and other Pagan places. It was not in Judaism or early church. Think God is 3 people? Who conceived Jesus, the Father or the Holy Ghost?
Actually, no. The link I posted earlier demonstrates how the concept is in the Bible.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:35 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,645,862 times
It is a doctrine of men designed to suggest polytheism, and obscure Word, imo.

My evidence is both direct, and indirect, as Trinity worshippers tend to suggest that the Book is inerrant, infallible, as only God can be, as only the Word is, and they will even tell you that the Book is the Word, neglecting that the very first verse of the Book makes them liars, in this last regard, at least. Wadr.

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

there, fixed it for them.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:13 PM

134 posts, read 59,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No, I'm not Catholic.

The three 'Persons' of the Trinity have always been co-equal and co-eternal in terms of their essence or nature. There is however an authority structure within the Trinity.

The Bible was written long before there were any church councils to make any decisions about anything. Over the years, centuries even, the understanding concerning the fact that the Bible stated both that there is only one God, but nevertheless stated that not only is the Father God, but also that both Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God developed. That developing understanding resulted, as already stated, in various views of the nature of God such as Dynamic Monarchianism, Modal Monarchianism, Tritheism, and the Trinity.

Tritheism is the belief that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three distinct Gods. But since the Bible states that there is only one true God while at the same time identifying the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as God, that invalidates the view of Tritheism, as does the fact that all three 'Persons' of the Trinity are stated in the Bible to indwell the believer.

Modalism or Sabellianism is the view that God simply reveals Himself in three different successive roles and that therefore God doesn't exist as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit at the same time. But since the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all present at the same time at Jesus' baptism that rules out the concept of Modalism, as does as stated above, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are shown in Scripture to indwell the believer.

The Trinitarian view best recognizes and fits with the fact that the Bible states that there is one God, but also identifies Jesus and the Holy Spirit as God along with the Father.

The writer of Hebrews understood that Jesus is not only God, but that He is the 'Person' of the Trinity who did the actual act of creation. In Hebrews 1:10-12, the writer of Hebrews quotes Psalm 102:25-27 which refers to God and recognizes Him as the creator of the heavens and earth. But the writer of Hebrews in quoting Psalm 102:25-27 has the Father speaking what is stated in Psalm 102:25-27 to the Son. He has God the Father saying to the Son, ''You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of Your hands; they will perish, but You remain; and they all will become old like a garment. And like a mantle You will roll them up; like a garment they will be changed. But You are the same, and Your years will not come to an end. Before that, in verse 8, God the Father calls the Son God and tells Him that His throne is forever and ever.

And so, the writer of Hebrews shows two 'Persons' of the Trinity, with the Father speaking to the Son.

Regarding the Holy Spirit, He is called God in Acts 5:3-4, and shown to be distinct from the Father and from the Son in passages such as John 14:16-17 and 16:12-15.

The fact that the Holy Spirit is a 'Person' and not merely a force is clearly demonstrated in Romans 8:27 in which Paul writes that the Holy Spirit has a mind which the Father knows, and also that the Spirit intercedes for the saints. A force cannot intercede, but a 'Person' can.

With reference to Romans 8:27, Dr. John A. Witmer writes,
The One who searches our hearts is God (1 Sam. 16:7; Heb. 4:13), and He knows (oiden, ''knows perceptively or intuitively'') the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes (entynchanei; cf. Rom. 8:26) for the saints in accordance with God's will. Even though the Spirit's words are not expressed, the Father knows what the Spirit is thinking. This is an interesting statement about the Father's omniscience and the intimacy within the Trinity. The Lord Jesus continually intercedes for believers in God's presence (v.34; Heb. 7:25) and the Holy Spirit also intercedes on their behalf! Though believers are ignorant of what to pray for and how to voice those requests, the Spirit voices their requests for them.

The Bible Knowledge Commentary, New Testament, An Exposition of the Scriptures by Dallas Seminary Faculty, p. 473.
The Trinitarian view best describes the relationship of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. One God in three 'Persons.'
I agree with you on ancient theories being wrong such as modal, monarchial, tritheism and also arianism. I just don't buy into trinitarianism either. Today we mostly deal with the trinity - catholic and protestant, and oneness - Jesus only. There are other exceptions also. Trinitarians see one God, divided by three personalities that perform three different roles. Oneness see one God having one personality but performing three roles.
I see one God, undivided, having one personality, who is both Father and Holy Ghost. I see one Lord who is Christ Jesus, having a separate personality, that is a mediator between God and man and represents God to mankind. Jesus is not God himself, he is God manifested. God works through him. Jesus does not do the works of God of his own self. Jesus is the IMAGE of the invisible God. Doesn't this look more Biblical.
The Trinity is a mystery of confusion - Babylon. God is in Christ. Christ is in you. Mystery solved.
The church of Rome and many other cities were people of pagan origins. They had been born and raised as polytheist. They compared the bible to the concepts of pagan theology and Greek philosophers. The Church in Jerusalem were Jewish Monotheist that never thought in terms of paganism or philosophy. Salvation is of the Jews.

Last edited by Daingerfield; 11-09-2016 at 03:46 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 03:44 PM

33,367 posts, read 26,640,693 times
Quote:
I agree with you on ancient theories being wrong such as modal, monarchial, tritheism and also arianism. I just don't buy into trinitarianism either. Today we mostly deal with trinity - catholic and protestant, and oneness - Jesus only. There are other exceptions. Trinitarians see one God, divided by three personalities that perform three different roles. Oneness see one God having one personality but performing three roles.
I see one God, undivided, having one personality, who is both Father and Holy Ghost. I see one Lord who is Christ Jesus, having a separate personality, that is a mediator between God and man and represents God. Jesus is not God himself, he is God manifested. God works through him and Jesus is the IMAGE of the invisible God. Doesn't this look more Biblical.
The Trinity is a mystery of confusion - Babylon. God is in Christ. Christ is in you. Mystery solved.
I don't find your view to be more Biblical, nor do I find the Trinity confusing. I know what I believe, and why I believe it, and why the Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox churches hold to the Trinitarian view. I've already shown Scripture which show that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct 'Persons' within the Godhead, and won't bother repeating them.

Hold to whatever belief you want. Again, I know why I believe what I believe and I have no need to shove it down your throat. I will let what I've already said in posts# 5, 83 and 89 be enough.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:07 PM

10,095 posts, read 5,020,644 times
If God's holy spirit is a spirit person, then shouldn't the holy spirit have a throne?_____
How many thrones are mentioned at Revelation 3:21 ?
Does the holy spirit have a God as the heavenly Jesus has a God over him according to Revelation 3:12 ?

Old 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,645,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I don't find your view to be more Biblical, nor do I find the Trinity confusing. I know what I believe, and why I believe it, and why the Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Eastern Orthodox churches hold to the Trinitarian view. I've already shown Scripture which show that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct 'Persons' within the Godhead, and won't bother repeating them.
Blasphemy!!!, lol. Ya, this is designed to occlude Word, i am convinced.
This is why you run when asked if you have any problems with this, in that case:

In the beginning was the Bible, and the Bible was with God, and the Bible was God.

See, because this describes the "Trinity" as you understand it, and
the real verse describes the correct understanding,
namely that all Three are WORD.

"In the beginning was the WORD" = GOD.
"And the WORD was with GOD" = HOLY SPIRIT
"And the WORD was GOD." = SON

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-09-2016 at 04:57 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 05:41 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,483,284 times
Quote:
I agree with you on ancient theories being wrong such as modal, monarchial, tritheism and also arianism. I just don't buy into trinitarianism either. Today we mostly deal with the trinity - catholic and protestant, and oneness - Jesus only. There are other exceptions also. Trinitarians see one God, divided by three personalities that perform three different roles. Oneness see one God having one personality but performing three roles.
I see one God, undivided, having one personality, who is both Father and Holy Ghost. I see one Lord who is Christ Jesus, having a separate personality, that is a mediator between God and man and represents God to mankind. Jesus is not God himself, he is God manifested. God works through him. Jesus does not do the works of God of his own self. Jesus is the IMAGE of the invisible God. Doesn't this look more Biblical.
The church of Rome and many other cities were people of pagan origins. They had been born and raised as polytheist. They compared the bible to the concepts of pagan theology and Greek philosophers. The Church in Jerusalem were Jewish Monotheist that never thought in terms of paganism or philosophy. Salvation is of the Jews.
You are close.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, they struggled with the deity of Christ, which they resolved by making him a God?
Actually, Jesus was the creative word, and recognized as God the same way that you recognize someone by the sound of their voice. John chapter 1 shows his Divinity.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are close.
Why only close?

Old 11-09-2016, 07:35 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,135,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Blasphemy!!!, lol. Ya, this is designed to occlude Word, i am convinced.
This is why you run when asked if you have any problems with this, in that case:

See, because this describes the "Trinity" as you understand it, and
the real verse describes the correct understanding,
namely that all Three are WORD.

"In the beginning was the WORD" = GOD.
"And the WORD was with GOD" = HOLY SPIRIT
"And the WORD was GOD." = SON
Beginning of what?...G-d has no beginning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity