Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 12:17 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
If the Trinity Theory is correct, then the words of God are not true; however the Word of God is true and accurate so consider this.

Jesus came to earth a man, he was born a man, a perfect man but a man none-the-less. The Bible says that 'No man has seen God and lived'. To start with Jehovah is invisible to mankind, his works and his attributes can be seen and understood but man has not made visible contact with the Almighty.

So, If Jesus was 'God' and Jesus was man, he would not be able to see himself, not did he claim to see His Father whilst he was a mortal man, he did, however, refer to his heavenly Father many times in the second person, as someone that was not H himself (Jesus) but the Almighty Spirit Being and Creator of all things.

The angels see God as t hey are invisible spirit creatures too, and so too will those resurrected to the heavenly realm to act as Kings and Priests in Jehovah's Heavenly Kingdom, now ruling over the earth.
"Trinity" is the 21st century coined word that is now used.

"Deity" is the 1st century coined word that God the Holy Spirit (3rd person of the Deity) inspired Colossians 2:9

The Deity shown itself at Jesus' baptism. Luke 3:21-22
The Deity was named by Jesus Matthew 28:19
-----------------------

The Jews knew what Jesus meant, so they tried to kill him because he made himself equal to God John 5:18

--------------------------------

Jesus calls himself "the Good Shepherd" John 10:11
"the Sovereign Lord says:'As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep' Ezekiel 34:16

----------------------------------------------------

Why is the truth of the Deity Godman Jesus is believable, not foolish while many others find it foolish - thus unbelievable?
A: Those who have the God the Holy Spirit (3rd person of the Deity) accepts the things that come from the Holy Spirit of God. 1 Corinthians 2:14

Old 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,064,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
People make this more difficult than what it is.

Jehovah,one God.

Jesus,God's first creation out of everything.
Made before angels,humans,etc.
That is how Jesus can be God's son.
He was a spirit creature before being born,and when he died he went back to heaven to be with God.

Holy Spirit is God's active force..not a person.
Swallowed it hook, line and sinker, didn't you?...My wife was raised in the JW religion...

Old 11-02-2016, 12:32 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I think the more interesting question is did the existence of an actual Trinity-God inspire the religious (Hindu or otherwise) doctrine of a Trinity-God.
That's a really tough question for the Christians, even the Hindus to grapple with, Pleroo. From a factual standpoint--Mike's mistaken belief about the Hindus coming after Christianity notwithstanding (and I know he's going to split hairs with me on that)--the Hindu concept of the trinity came first, no doubt about that. Wiki makes it very clear that Hindus were on the scene first.

Now did God--the one true God I worship as a deist--instill the concept of a trinity into men or didn't He? I don't think so. The one true God is not proactive in this world. If He were He would answer prayers and cure diseases and make things right, but He doesn't. So I'm convinced based on His total absence in this world that HE doesn't get involved at all in doctrine of men's religions.

So is the concept of the Hindu trinity man-made? Of course. Is the concept of the Christian trinity man-made? Of course.

As to who stole from who it's obvious based on history's timeline that Christianity was the last to adopt the belief in a trinity at a time when the Hindu belief had already been around for a thousand years. So it's pretty obvious the Christians stole the idea from the Hindus.

As to why, well Jews had a pantheon of gods just like the Hindus did. Gradually they ditched them all except Yahweh, then they adopted this man Jesus as being God's son come to earth to die (ala Dionysus, Osirus, Mithra, Romulus, and a whole plethora of other dying/rising gods) and then as Paul talked about a Spirit they worked in a Holy Ghost into the mix and voila--we have a trinity not too much different from the Hindu version. It was a very gradual evolution over a thousand years to get to where Christians are today but it didn't come as in a revelation from God. Men slowly tweaked and refined it over a long stretch of centuries, proving beyond any doubt that the Christian trinity is a man-made concept based on the Hindu model.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's a really tough question for the Christians, even the Hindus to grapple with, Pleroo. From a factual standpoint--Mike's mistaken belief about the Hindus coming after Christianity notwithstanding (and I know he's going to split hairs with me on that)--the Hindu concept of the trinity came first, no doubt about that. Wiki makes it very clear that Hindus were on the scene first.

Now did God--the one true God I worship as a deist--instill the concept of a trinity into men or didn't He? I don't think so. The one true God is not proactive in this world. If He were He would answer prayers and cure diseases and make things right, but He doesn't. So I'm convinced based on His total absence in this world that HE doesn't get involved at all in doctrine of men's religions.

So is the concept of the Hindu trinity man-made? Of course. Is the concept of the Christian trinity man-made? Of course.

As to who stole from who it's obvious based on history's timeline that Christianity was the last to adopt the belief in a trinity at a time when the Hindu belief had already been around for a thousand years. So it's pretty obvious the Christians stole the idea from the Hindus.

As to why, well Jews had a pantheon of gods just like the Hindus did. Gradually they ditched them all except Yahweh, then they adopted this man Jesus as being God's son come to earth to die (ala Dionysus, Osirus, Mithra, Romulus, and a whole plethora of other dying/rising gods) and then as Paul talked about a Spirit they worked in a Holy Ghost into the mix and voila--we have a trinity not too much different from the Hindu version. It was a very gradual evolution over a thousand years to get to where Christians are today but it didn't come as in a revelation from God. Men slowly tweaked and refined it over a long stretch of centuries, proving beyond any doubt that the Christian trinity is a man-made concept based on the Hindu model.
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not convinced that is true. That's not to say I believe in a literal Trinity, but rather that the concept of a Trinity may convey some symbolic truth about God.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think the more interesting question is did the existence of an actual Trinity-God inspire the religious (Hindu or otherwise) doctrine of a Trinity-God.
Quote:
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not convinced that is true. That's not to say I believe in a literal Trinity, but rather that the concept of a Trinity may convey some symbolic truth about God.
I'd have to say that the natures of the two trinities we are looking at militates against the idea: Creator, preserver, destroyer vs. creator, concept of community(Word), active communicator. I'd have to say that Thrill's analysis of the Christian process of realization (or making up) is the correct analysis there.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:58 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
The trinity concept is mans way of trying to understand that which he does not understand. Totally incorrect.

Only the one who comes from God has seen the Father. I come from Him. He sent me.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'd have to say that the natures of the two trinities we are looking at militates against the idea: Creator, preserver, destroyer vs. creator, concept of community(Word), active communicator. I'd have to say that Thrill's analysis of the Christian process of realization (or making up) is the correct analysis there.

Maybe the Trinity concept conveys more than one truth.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:14 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
^ always possible. It might be fun to compare/contrast the natures of the different beings in other trinities.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:29 PM

3: The Perfect Number - Trinity Symbolism in World Religious Traditions | Ancient Origins

Looks like it might be an interesting (short) read.

Last edited by Pleroo; 11-02-2016 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: fixing link

Old 11-02-2016, 02:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,603,196 times
Quote:
Maybe the Trinity concept conveys more than one truth.
yuppers.

ask my wife, my mom, and my kids to describe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.