Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2017, 07:30 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,003,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

It says nothing about your will be done, rather, his for you.

Jesus gave us the example when He ask God if the crucifixion to be done away with. After He ask, He concluded His prayer with "not my will, but Yours be done."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
More than you've had hot dinners.
Reading does not guarantee understanding. Understanding usually requires study.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Yes I do God sent his son to lift the condemnation from the people by manifesting the goodness of God the true nature and character of God (not the condemnation of God) that causes us to repent, and to all who are believing they Begin to develop the thoughts and ways of God by the transformation of the renewal of the mind so that they no longer miss the mark but hit the mark which is eternal life.
How about a Biblical reference for your man made theology. I am a Berean from Missouri.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
OK. Did some searching in the forums for him. Apparently he was a pastor that certain folks had issue with because he made them look bad. They hounded him nonstop and he quit posting. And because someone else shows up that has knowledge of the Bible, they automatically think I'm that guy. Not sure why, if I was, that I wouldn't just start posting under my old username...but logic has never really been a STRONG suit of people that are atheistic in their thought processes.

OK..yeah. That doesn't make them look paranoid or hostile at all. That makes these forums a place where people really want to post. When people attack others for no reason at all. This kind of garbage is pathetic.

I came to this forum thinking we'd talk about Christianity...and all I see is a bunch of people just looking for a reason to attack the few Christians that actually DO post here.
That is who we want to talk about Christianity to. They need to take a serious look at the other side of the coin. Especially those who do not have all of their theology set in cement.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Logic and reason are 2 things you lose all sense of once you commit your self to so called bible based churches.

Come now let's reason "together" >>>>> saith the Lord
Actually you lose all sense when you make u p your own theology that is not reinforced from the Bible. Why should anyone beleive you?

Old 08-05-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
No, i reject your beliefs and man made doctrines in respect to the bible and reject that it is inerrant and infallible. I am not going to tip toe through the TULIP for you, i will call it for what it is.
Amusing, God's inspired word is not inerrant and infallible but pcamp's word is. You need to look in a mirror and read Romans 12:3/

At least BF quotes from God's inspired, infallible and inerrant word.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,525,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus warned to “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves" ... and that takes correct judgement
"There are many paths to 'the Goal'...." ~ Miss Hepburn
those who pervert the context of what Jesus said, then cry ... Don't judge, just love!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
YES! Watch out for people like that! In other words...please, those that believe that,
stay away from me...please.
It would make me very happy.
There are only two reactions to the Words of Jesus the Truth, one of which is yours
In other words...please,
stay away from me...please.
It would make me very happy. .... Don't judge me, just love!!

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-05-2017 at 08:11 AM..

Old 08-05-2017, 09:38 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,387,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Amusing, God's inspired word is not inerrant and infallible but pcamp's word is. You need to look in a mirror and read Romans 12:3/

At least BF quotes from God's inspired, infallible and inerrant word.
Here comes the other half of Laurel and Hardy. For your information, my words are inspired to me but they are neither inerrant or infallible even when i am quoting the scripture. I am more intertested in the power than so called inerrant infallible truth, because it is power what gives you the victory and to overcome all things.... Christ not the bible is the power of God.

Camps just Clod hopping through the TULIP

Old 08-05-2017, 10:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,442,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
"If you abide in me and my word abides in you, you may ask what you will and your will shall be done for you."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."

It says nothing about your will be done, rather, his for you.
Quote:
Jesus gave us the example when He ask God if the crucifixion to be done away with. After He ask, He concluded His prayer with "not my will, but Yours be done."
Correct. You don't always get what you ask for, ...according to your own will.
I may not want to take a man's life, however, he may not give me a choice.

It may be either his life, or that of my own if I did not protect or defend myself.
And, for whatever reason, there are all kinds of martyrs who sacrifice themselves.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-05-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 08-05-2017, 12:25 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,119,809 times
Quote:
Reading does not guarantee understanding. Understanding usually requires study.
And it all depends on what you study...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity