Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 07:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Jesus saw no need to quote these horrible verses---and if you follow Him, neither should you.

So your jesus glorifies the psalmist who wrote

… O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one, How blessed will be the one who repays you With the recompense with which you have repaid us. How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.
-----
You worship a god of vengeance, not the Jesus who said we should love our enemies.
yes
I worship in spirit and truth.
Discipline is a part of instruction.

The beast with ten horns speaks against the hills.
And the beast of the earth exalts himself above the Allmighty.
The height of arrogance warden is that this man does not know the love of a woman.
And never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 07:10 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
yes
I worship in spirit and truth.
Discipline is a part of instruction.

The beast with ten horns speaks against the hills.
And the beast of the earth exalts himself above the Allmighty.
The height of arrogance warden is that this man does not know the love of a woman.
And never will.
I see your arrogance coming back once more.

Do you or do you not think Jesus supports infanticide done in the name of vengeance? If you do you are immoral. If you do not, then why remain being hypocritical about the OT and instead grow away from that rocky ground and instead plant your heart in the soil of love?

Old 10-21-2017, 07:24 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:

Do you or do you not think Jesus supports infanticide done in the name of vengeance? If you do you are immoral. If you do not, then why remain being hypocritical about the OT and instead grow away from that rocky ground and instead plant your heart in the soil of love?
Have you read Matt. 25?

Old 10-21-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:

Do I think infanticide is immorally wrong like abortion.
Yes,
It is luciferian filth that has brought it about.
The hardness of the hearts of people that have been decieved and deprived of the promised Hope in Salvation.

If you want to pervert scripture I can only warn you that it is at the cost of your own soul.

I can only warn you not to mock and scoff at the Lord.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Do I think infanticide is immorally wrong like abortion.
Yes,
It is luciferian filth that has brought it about.
The hardness of the hearts of people that have been decieved and deprived of the promised Hope in Salvation.

If you want to pervert scripture I can only warn you that it is at the cost of your own soul.

I can only warn you not to mock and scoff at the Lord.
I don't scoff at Jesus. I scoff at those who fail to see the flawed nature of Scripture such as written by an inflamed psalmist who desired vengeance instead of forgiving his enemies.

Thank you for a straight answer

Old 10-21-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Have you read Matt. 25?
Would you like to give us YOUR interpretation? Depending on whether you see grace or vengeance, I'll agree or give you a better way to view it.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:47 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Would you like to give us YOUR interpretation? Depending on whether you see grace or vengeance, I'll agree or give you a better way to view it.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:59 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
There was absolutely nothing in the Law about not resisting an evil person, and THAT is the point the poster was making. It is a NEW perspective on justice and dealing in community, as was the whole message of Jesus.

No, it was not new. You assume you know the law and what is taught. You don't. Peace

Old 10-21-2017, 08:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Jesus saw no need to quote these horrible verses---and if you follow Him, neither should you.

So your jesus glorifies the psalmist who wrote

… O daughter of Babylon, you devastated one, How blessed will be the one who repays you With the recompense with which you have repaid us. How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.
-----
You worship a god of vengeance, not the Jesus who said we should love our enemies.

These "horrible verses"? Have you forgotten that Jesus was speaking to JEWS that knew the law? He didn't HAVE to quote the entire OT, He already sanctioned it when He said not one jot or tittle would pass away until ALL (ALL, not just when the gentiles get called in) was fulfilled. They KNEW the law, all of it, as the boys were instructed by their fathers from the age of SIX years old, yet we have adults on this board that couldn't give an intelligent, in context, cohesive, expounding of 1/50th of it. Peace

Old 10-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I don't scoff at Jesus. I scoff at those who fail to see the flawed nature of Scripture such as written by an inflamed psalmist who desired vengeance instead of forgiving his enemies.

Thank you for a straight answer
there is an unforgivable sin.

Forgiving the enemies?
That's a circumstantial statement.
The fallen angels were not permitted back.

So i wouldn't associate with them either.
Depends on what you are talking about warden.
Would you worship a murderer, liar, or theif?

I doubt you would even trust such a people's that practice in worshipping the prince of flies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity