Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2018, 04:31 PM

23,256 posts, read 10,535,831 times

Advertisements

700 Years of Paganism.

Here is the first king of the kingdom of Israel/not Judah.

Jeroboam's Idolatry
25Then Jeroboam built Shechem in mount Ephraim, and dwelt therein; and went out from thence, and built Penuel. 26And Jeroboam said in his heart, Now shall the kingdom return to the house of David: 27If this people go up to do sacrifice in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then shall the heart of this people turn again unto their lord, even unto Rehoboam king of Judah, and they shall kill me, and go again to Rehoboam king of Judah. 28Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. 29And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan. 30And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan. 31And he made an house of high places, and made priests of the lowest of the people, which were not of the sons of Levi. 32And Jeroboam ordained a feast in the eighth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, like unto the feast that is in Judah, and he offered upon the altar. So did he in Bethel, sacrificing unto the calves that he had made: and he placed in Bethel the priests of the high places which he had made. 33So he offered upon the altar which he had made in Bethel the fifteenth day of the eighth month, even in the month which he had devised of his own heart; and ordained a feast unto the children of Israel: and he offered upon the altar, and burnt incense.

700 years of worshipping Baal, 700 years of being enemies to the Torah and to Judah and the ways of Jerusalem. 700 years of Israelis purposely becoming Gentiles because of Jeroboam's greed.

Israel are Gentiles, they started becoming Gentiles from the very first king that blocked them from going up to keep the feasts of the Lord in Jerusalem.

700 years of attacking the Torah

700 years of allying with other nations against Judah.

You can't wipe away a history of a people.

God wiped them out after they had practiced Baal worship and Ashereth worship in Easter and in Christmas keeping the same pagan ways that Christians keep today.

They chose to become,'' Not God's people,'' PAGAN GENTILES.''

You can't take this history and put it on Judah, they are two separate kingdoms practicing entirely different religions, two separate people. Christians who don't know the history REPEAT IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 05:35 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,630,557 times
I kind of posted this in another thread, but it fits.

Ignorance, the real original sin we are born with, can be beaten by living like a christ. No magic needed.

learning more and realizing how wrong I was is saving me. Everyday.

i wish i could go back to sleep. blaming others is way easier.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:10 PM

10,084 posts, read 5,003,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I kind of posted this in another thread, but it fits.
Ignorance, the real original sin we are born with, can be beaten by living like a christ. No magic needed.
learning more and realizing how wrong I was is saving me. Everyday.
i wish i could go back to sleep. blaming others is way easier.
I like how you used the on-going tense of ' saving ' as opposed to the past tense of being already saved because at Matthew 24:13 Christ said the one who endures to the end is saved. So, salvation is an on-going process.

I find in Scripture the first or original sin (the breaking of God Law) was disobedience, so what we are born with is that our leanings are toward wrongdoing, and we need to put forth the effort to be upright people, or as you said No magic needed.

I heard one person say instead of concentrating on our weaknesses to concentrate on our strengths making our strengths stronger, so that would help take care of our weaknesses. Any thoughts .................................................. .................................................. ................................................

Old 01-30-2018, 12:24 AM

63,977 posts, read 40,262,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is not just breaking news, it is the reflection of the misguided focus in religion on specific beliefs ABOUT Jesus and God instead of His actual instructions and example. Somehow believing Jesus and following His instructions to love God and each other to be His disciples became believing a set of "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Him to become His disciples. It is infinitely harder to actually love God and each other every single day and repent when we don't than to claim to believe some creed. I call it the easy believism model. It is what birthed the ridiculous notion that unbelievers are the "standard for bad behavior" instead of unloving behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's not any better.
OF course, it is. What you believe is irrelevant as long as it harms no one. But unloving behavior does harm others and is a legitimate standard of bad behavior. Why on earth do you think God would care about the first instead of the latter?

Old 01-30-2018, 04:14 AM

15,899 posts, read 6,374,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
OF course, it is. What you believe is irrelevant as long as it harms no one. But unloving behavior does harm others and is a legitimate standard of bad behavior. Why on earth do you think God would care about the first instead of the latter?
That last sentence reads to me that you are clarifying unbelievers are the standard for unloving behavior not that they are the standard for bad behavior.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:46 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,369,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsmaine View Post
Πᾶς γὰρ πυρὶ ἁλισθήσεται

“Everyone will be purified by fire as a sacrifice is purified by salt.â€

But it's a good God, so nothing to fear -- maybe a little to worry about for the hard-hearted
We are already saved, Christ's work on the cross made sure of that. But we end up judging ourselves based upon this... (Matthew 7:2)For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

The hard-hearted when they die will end up needing help forgiving themselves, and that is where God comes in. He saves us from ourselves.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:17 AM

15,899 posts, read 6,374,025 times
Speaking of salt:

Col 4
4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:25 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,427,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That last sentence reads to me that you are clarifying unbelievers are the standard for unloving behavior not that they are the standard for bad behavior.
That's not what he meant.

"It is what birthed the ridiculous notion that unbelievers are the "standard for bad behavior" instead of unloving behavior."

He's saying some Christians have the crazy idea that not believing the right things [being an "unbeliever"] makes someone evil in God's sight. But, of course, it's unloving behavior that is the problem, and that is not exclusive to any single group of people or individual. Christians are just as likely to behave badly (be unloving) as anyone else.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,180,593 times
Fortunately for all of us who still sin, eternal security is based completely on what JESUS HAS DONE (past tense). Jesus said "It is finished" for a reason from the cross, He had finished His work with sin only dying ONCE. Since my salvation (free gift through faith and grace ) was not based on what I've done, there is nothing I can do to lose it. Jesus secured it all when HE took sin off the table at the cross. The wages of sin is DEATH which if God held our SINS against us we could never have eternal LIFE. One who is DEAD needs one thing LIFE. If we are saved and then die the point of the exercise is a waste of time, Jesus wants fellowship with His people. Remember the verse "I am THE (only) way, THE truth, and the LIFE". Jesus had to be resurrected to give all who believe LIFE.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:36 AM

9,047 posts, read 4,744,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Fortunately for all of us who still sin, eternal security is based completely on what JESUS HAS DONE (past tense). Jesus said "It is finished" for a reason from the cross, He had finished His work with sin only dying ONCE. Since my salvation (free gift through faith and grace ) was not based on what I've done, there is nothing I can do to lose it. Jesus secured it all when HE took sin off the table at the cross. The wages of sin is DEATH which if God held our SINS against us we could never have eternal LIFE. One who is DEAD needs one thing LIFE. If we are saved and then die the point of the exercise is a waste of time, Jesus wants fellowship with His people. Remember the verse "I am THE (only) way, THE truth, and the LIFE". Jesus had to be resurrected to give all who believe LIFE.
Such a simple concept, but a stumbling block to the religious and foolishness to the unbeliever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity