Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2018, 04:45 PM

45,928 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Well, I'm glad that Jesus was willing to go to the cross for me, for all of us. I'm sorry that He had to in order to make salvation possible, but I'm glad that He was willing to do so. Truly an attitude of grace and humility.
Absolutely agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 05:27 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,948,767 times
Quote:
Well, I'm glad that Jesus was willing to go to the cross for me, for all of us. I'm sorry that He had to in order to make salvation possible, but I'm glad that He was willing to do so. Truly an attitude of grace and humility.

Catholicism brought the image of the cross into their religion along with the statues, icons, and graven images. Does one really believe The son of the God of Love, who taught Love would have a torture death device as the symbol for his religion? I don't.
Jesus is king of kings sitting on his throne in heaven. he can accomplish reality, the images, statues and icons can accomplish 0. They bow to the image behind the pulpit. They kiss a little piece of metal. The 32,999 branches off of her only fixed a few little things. Their translations are filled with errors. Errors of bias for false council teachings.

Old 01-25-2018, 05:46 PM

23,363 posts, read 10,651,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Catholicism brought the image of the cross into their religion along with the statues, icons, and graven images. Does one really believe The son of the God of Love, who taught Love would have a torture death device as the symbol for his religion? I don't.
Jesus is king of kings sitting on his throne in heaven. he can accomplish reality, the images, statues and icons can accomplish 0. They bow to the image behind the pulpit. They kiss a little piece of metal. The 32,999 branches off of her only fixed a few little things. Their translations are filled with errors. Errors of bias for false council teachings.
That's true, and still, Protestants are just another branch of Catholicism. The Pope was able to deem the commandments illegal, and he was able to change or alter any of the word of God he saw fit, and he saw fit to reject the worship system of God, and Martin Luther followed him in this, and while I admire Martin Luther, if he had just not gone into his Anti-Semitic rant near the end of his life, he would have been half cool, but then to leave such a horrendous book against the Jews is just intolerable, and the Protestant follows what is wholly Catholic in it's laws it created for itself, and in the laws of it's worship system that Protestants continue to follow, and this proves that the Protestant is just a Catholic. I have heard all sorts of Protestants speak ill of Catholic, but when you keep and follow a religion that is wholly invented and created by the church, you just prove that you are a member of the Catholic church, and so the Protestant don't have much to say to the Catholic.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,628,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Untrue. Jesus is fully God and fully man. And yes--we are human and we sin.
Did jesus always exists as fully god BFun?

Or did yahweh and nothing exist at some point outside of time and space?

Old 01-25-2018, 06:51 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,628,208 times
Quote:
Yea, what’s a bad weekend at human camp for a god?

Old 01-25-2018, 09:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,503,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Because you are human, doesn't make you a sinner.
Although I know that isn't what you believe.
Quote:
Actually, it does. The stain of sin is on all human beings, as we receive the sin nature from Adam.
What about life experiences or the environment in which you were born, do they have an effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Who are the humans without sin? Do they have some special characteristic?
Why are people non-violent and selfless, while a few others may be psychopaths?
Do you think it has anything to do with the brain, or the way it may be functioning?

Old 01-26-2018, 05:29 AM

9,276 posts, read 4,898,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I am not into all the trappings of Catholicism, but I have to say:
we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,1 Cor 1:23

Old 01-26-2018, 07:00 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,133,883 times
Quote:
What about life experiences or the environment in which you were born, do they have an effect?
Sin is common to all people. The way it manifests itself in some is different than others. Some are, as you say, psychopaths, others would be happy to hit the bar by 9 am and be drunk by 10:30 for the remainder of the day.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,503,056 times
Quote:
Because you are human, doesn't make you a sinner.
Although I know that isn't what you believe.
Quote:
Actually, it does. The stain of sin is on all human beings, as we receive the sin nature from Adam.
Quote:

Why are people non-violent and selfless, while a few others may be psychopaths?
Do you think it has anything to do with the brain, or the way it may be functioning?
Quote:
Sin is common to all people. The way it manifests itself in some is different than others. Some are, as you say, psychopaths, others would be happy to hit the bar by 9 am and be drunk by 10:30 for the remainder of the day.
That would be their choice to drink or not, while others (i.e., psychopaths) may not have a choice; it might be the way they are wired. The blanket of religion with its rules and regulations is not the litmus test. However, when we know what is good and right but choose not to do it, then we have missed the mark. Being drunk in, and of itself is not a sin, anymore than dancing with your wife. Although I personally believe that people should drink in moderation to avoid harming themselves or others. And it would be wise not to drink with people who encourage "binge drinking" or those who look down on you for - not drinking - or for not "keeping up." In other words, we are responsible for our own thoughts, deeds and actions; and willfully missing the mark is still a choice. We are not automatically (or born), sinners.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,133,883 times
Quote:
That would be their choice to drink or not, while others (i.e., psychopaths) may not have a choice;
Actually, many alcoholics would tell you that they can't control their drinking.
Quote:

it might be the way they are wired. The blanket of religion with its rules and regulations is not the litmus test. However, when we know what is good and right but choose not to do it, then we have missed the mark. Being drunk in, and of itself is not a sin, anymore than dancing with your wife. Although I personally believe that people should drink in moderation to avoid harming themselves or others. And it would be wise not to drink with people who encourage "binge drinking" or those who look down on you for - not drinking - or for not "keeping up." In other words, we are responsible for our own thoughts, deeds and actions; and willfully missing the mark is still a choice. We are not automatically (or born), sinners.
We are commanded by Scripture to not be drunkards.

But there are a myriad of other sins. One could talk about the fornicator, the gossip, the glutton, the adulterer, the homosexual, etc..etc....whatever. Pick the sin, someone is bound to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity