Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 07:33 PM

919 posts, read 608,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
You do realize this is a christian forum right? Very odd for someone to hang around in a forum of something they do not believe.
Yeah look, I know that Christians really hate having their belief in the more ludicrous parts of the Bible challenged but that's not my problem. Don't come here if your 'faith' is that weak & shaky.

Nothing in this life has caused me more fear, pain or angst than my religious indoctrination. It overshadowed everything including the years of abuse - (I've suffered more abuse at the hands of Christians than the rest of humanity combined. As a kid living on the streets, I was shown more kindness by the very 'sinners' that I'd been taught to avoid)

Facing my indoctrination was the hardest thing I've ever done. If my words help just one person to question their indoctrination, to see through the blatant lies, then it's time well spent.

Maybe you'd be happier on a 'Praise the Lord' forum where everyone agrees & any disagreement is not allowed. Ignorance loves it's own company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 11:04 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,068 times
The only sin God can't do anything about is unbelief. So if you are not a believer why even be on this forum. I think God for the finished works of Christ, and Jesus being the lamb of God and taking his own blood into Heaven and establishing the New Covenant.

The only work is to renew my mind, by studying the word and having a relationship with God outside of Sunday morning. People can say this a fairly-tale all day long, but you can't argue with a living epistle who shows the manifested goodness of God. If your doctrine is right is will produce undeniable results.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:36 PM

919 posts, read 608,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
The only sin God can't do anything about is unbelief. So if you are not a believer why even be on this forum.
Are you directing that at me? Ever heard of manners?

See I find this very interesting. I'm not an Atheist. If you've read my posts you'd know this.
Be honest, you don't have a problem with someone not believing, you have a problem that MY belief challenges YOUR belief.
I know the Bible reasonably well & understand Christian doctrine. You have little idea about what I know & you're obviously too frightened to even hear it. Is your 'faith' that weak & fragile?

But don't worry Atlwarrior, I'm planting seeds of truth in peoples subconscious because the soul recognises truth. One day, whether in this life or the next, that seed will flourish. You're very welcome

Edit; And btw, I don't follow any doctrine because I learnt how to think for myself.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:28 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,436,068 times
I heard this at Church yesterday, unbelievers will become Christians when they see and meet real ones. A living epistle is essential because sinners don't respect just talk anymore.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:02 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
The only sin God can't do anything about is unbelief. So if you are not a believer why even be on this forum. I think God for the finished works of Christ, and Jesus being the lamb of God and taking his own blood into Heaven and establishing the New Covenant.

The only work is to renew my mind, by studying the word and having a relationship with God outside of Sunday morning. People can say this a fairly-tale all day long, but you can't argue with a living epistle who shows the manifested goodness of God. If your doctrine is right is will produce undeniable results.
Making it too complicated, Atlwarrior. You seem to equate "believe" with the person of Jesus rather than the "Way" He embodid. Studying Bible appears to be your interpretation of growing in the Word, whereas it is nothing more than seeing how the basic principle is applied in our lives, and I will grant that can be difficult.

I am constantly amazed at the systems of "understanding" that get tacked onto the simple message of Christ, if that message is even incorporated into those constructions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity