Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 07:51 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Jesus said to abide in His word.

You fail.

You mix in all your interpretations which is not in the cards.
So you are the one who believes what Jesus said?

I doubt it.

Jesus said that whoever will keep the laws of Moses to teach others to keep the laws of Moses will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and whoever will not keep the laws of Moses to then teach other people not to keep the laws WILL BE THE LEAST.

The Lawless come up to Jesus and say,'' BUT JESUS, we did miracles in your name and taught your name in the streets.''

Jesus looks at those lawless Gentiles and tells them that he never knew them, they need to get away from him when he says,'' Depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.''

Jesus told us of a lawless time to come, Do you actually believe what Jesus says?

Be honest, be true to thyself, you don't believe do you?

I know you don't, and I also know that you will just pretend like Jesus dint say nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 08:32 PM

175 posts, read 75,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
The Gospel is so simple. You believe the finished work of the cross and receive a new nature. You simply renew your mind outside of a church and depend on the Holy Spirit to help your soul change, which give evidence of your new nature and belief in Jesus. Nobody will never be perfect, but we should be progressively changing and maturing with the new nature. How and why do people complicate that?
I'm not sure why you added the language "outside of a church." Communal worship and fellowship were fundamental to the early Christian community and are emphasized throughout the NT. I no longer attend church myself, but I wouldn't make "outside of a church" part of my understanding of the Gospel.

But you do make a valid point that I have made many times (without much success) on many Christian forums. I think it is essential to identify the real "Christian essentials." To my mind, they are far simpler and less dogmatic than the Nicene Creed, Apostle's Creed or any denominational statement of faith.

To accomplish God's purposes, the Gospel has to speak to and be understandable to the most simple, least educated and least sophisticated among us. It cannot possibly hinge - or at least I don't think it can - on some of the doctrines that have fragmented Christianity into tens of thousands of denominations.

But part of the "fun" of being a Christian seems to be in bonding together with those who think just like you and insisting that you are by God right and everyone who claims to be a Christian brother or sister but doesn't think just like you is by God wrong. As we see every day, however, this really doesn't work - there is just about as much feuding within individual churches and individual denominations as there is, say, between the Catholics and the Jehovah's Witnesses and Southern Baptists. Those three groups surely despise each other as thoroughly as any of them despises the Muslims.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:47 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I doubt it.

Jesus said that whoever will keep the laws of Moses to teach others to keep the laws of Moses will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven and whoever will not keep the laws of Moses to then teach other people not to keep the laws WILL BE THE LEAST.

The Lawless come up to Jesus and say,'' BUT JESUS, we did miracles in your name and taught your name in the streets.''

Jesus looks at those lawless Gentiles and tells them that he never knew them, they need to get away from him when he says,'' Depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.''

Jesus told us of a lawless time to come, Do you actually believe what Jesus says?

I know you don't, and I also know that you will just pretend like Jesus dint say nothing.
I've called you on this before.

He never said the laws of Moses. He said the law.

I keep the law and I keep the prophets.

You fail to understand the concept because you do not BELIEVE.

Matthew 5:17-20
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.

That saying is still correct to this day.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:16 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
I've called you on this before.

He never said the laws of Moses. He said the law.

I keep the law and I keep the prophets.

You fail to understand the concept because you do not BELIEVE.

Matthew 5:17-20
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man.

That saying is still correct to this day.
Extremely Naïve, what do you think he was talking about that he didn't come to abolish? OMG, Jesus went on to show how you better keep the laws of Moses better than those people were keeping, he went on to saying that the laws of murder apply to YOU when you hate your brother. He went on talking about the laws of Moses.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, what other law do you think Jesus didn't come to abolish?

WOW?

He was talking about some other law?

LOL, that is what I call a desperate attempt.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 PM

168 posts, read 69,462 times
Quote:
Extremely Naïve, what do you think he was talking about that he didn't come to abolish? OMG, Jesus went on to show how you better keep the laws of Moses better than those people were keeping, he went on to saying that the laws of murder apply to YOU when you hate your brother. He went on talking about the laws of Moses.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, what other law do you think Jesus didn't come to abolish?

WOW?

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

There are more verses like this, but only one is needed. If you have converted to Judaism Why are you in the Christian forum? Do not focus on what I just said but on the scripture.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:59 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
A devious trick from the Evil One. Coerced people into thinking there no demons or hell. After all, if there is no hell there is dire need to have relationship with Christ.

Last edited by SumTingy; 07-26-2018 at 07:25 PM..

Old 07-26-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:

WOW?

LOL.

You have no clue.

He wants it that way because you do not BELIEVE.

"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. "

His righteousness.

What is His righteousness?

"Blessed is He who hears the word of the Lord and keeps it."

i know Him and I keep His word.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post

There are more verses like this, but only one is needed. If you have converted to Judaism Why are you in the Christian forum? Do not focus on what I just said but on the scripture.

Jesus said otherwise.

"You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill cannot be hid.
No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:54 PM

691 posts, read 641,635 times
Quote:

I doubt it.

You just proved you don't.
Spoiler
Quote:

If you think the law is from Moses then you must have the harden heart of pharaoh since it is written, "And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a God to Pharaoh:" [Ex 7:1]

In Matthew 5, verses 18-19 Jesus begins by teaching them that until the universe ceases to exist, not one jot or one tittle of the laws of nature shall end, till all be fulfilled.

However, he continues saying that whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: The least commandments are not the laws of Nature, but the 10 commandments of Nature's God.
Quote:

Is that the truth that Jesus told you or did you just read that in a book? So what law did you hear from the mouth of Jesus did these workers of iniquity violate?

Do you think this verse is the truth that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.Matt 4:4

Old 07-26-2018, 07:58 PM

168 posts, read 69,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
A devious trick from the Evil One. Coerced people into thinking there no demons or hell. After all, if there is no hell there is dire need to have relationship with Christ.
That is funny, yes he has tried to make people think there are no demons. But hell does not exist in the bible, nowhere. It many exist in your bible translation, but it is not in the greek scriptures.

Hades, gehenna, tartarus have been mistranslated into hell. Hell started with Plato in the 5th century BC, then Tertullian and Athenagoras both being educated in greek mythology brought it into the church in the 2nd century, they even put a spin on it by saying man had an immortal soul.

There is no reason for anyone to believe in hell in the 21 century, the internet is at their fingertips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity