Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 10:59 AM

846 posts, read 610,200 times

Advertisements

Further evidence this site is controlled and run by the LGBTQ crowd. Several dozen postings talking about championing sexual immorality in a matter days. This amount of enthusiasm is only eclipse by a false narrative that Christians are angry at homosexuals.

Lies, deception, immorality are all anti Christian concepts clearly defined in the Scriptures. Yet why are they in such abundance on a “Christianity forum” site?

Those who are the Elect can obviously recognize these intents to justify wicked deeds. But does the saved have any hope and prayer left for these depraved lost souls?

Old 02-09-2019, 11:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I believe in allowing people to live freely however they want even if it is the path of sin. The only thing I won't tolerant is taking away people's freedom of religion which is what happened with Christian business owners. The intolerance is on the other side of the fence.

You can repeat the lies as many times as you wish jeff - but that will not make them true.

People see through your phony piety.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Further evidence this site is controlled and run by the LGBTQ crowd. Several dozen postings talking about championing sexual immorality in a matter days. This amount of enthusiasm is only eclipse by a false narrative that Christians are angry at homosexuals.

Lies, deception, immorality are all anti Christian concepts clearly defined in the Scriptures. Yet why are they in such abundance on a “Christianity forum” site?

Those who are the Elect can obviously recognize these intents to justify wicked deeds. But does the saved have any hope and prayer left for these depraved lost souls?

Worry about the dude in the mirror, not those who are spiritually evolved.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Of course it's your nature.
A heterosexual person would not be tempted.
Heterosexuals are tested everyday! I see proof of this first hand all the time, its even something I experience personally...I see a very attractive female out in public, of course Im going to look and admire her beauty, it may even reach the point of lusting (imagining what it would be like to have sex with her)...BUT...when someone RESISTS going up to her and actually trying to make that scenario come to fruition (like asking her out, or asking her phone number, etc), that imo is successful avoidance of sin, AVOIDED taking steps that would lead to physical sex...in other words, I was able to resist temptation.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Heterosexuals are tested everyday! I see proof of this first hand all the time, its even something I experience personally...I see a very attractive female out in public, of course Im going to look and admire her beauty, it may even reach the point of lusting (imagining what it would be like to have sex with her)...BUT...when someone RESISTS going up to her and actually trying to make that scenario come to fruition (like asking her out, or asking her phone number, etc), that imo is successful avoidance of sin, AVOIDED taking steps that would lead to physical sex...in other words, I was able to resist temptation.

How able are you to resist the temptation of ogling a handsome young man?

Old 02-09-2019, 11:17 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Sure, you're resisting but if it's a woman you're in a relationship with , you don't have to resist.
You don't have to deny being who you are for life, don't have to forego a loving relationship with the right woman.
What if you're told you have to resist them ALL and forever?
Not the same thing.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know that, and I'm sorry to hear it. I don't think there's anything I can say that could open your eyes, but I still post because I think others may be reading and realize that you can still follow the Christian path without believing the Bible is something more than it is, and in fact see how damaging that sort of belief can be.

You're serving that way without even trying.
What's that? You agree with me? You think the Bible is inspired?

Oh, wait....so words have meaning? It isn't just whatever we want it to mean? My, that's so closed-minded. I wish I could open your eyes...but I know that there is nothing that would...

Old 02-09-2019, 01:13 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The truth will set you free. I hope one day you find, and heed it.
Oh, I have found the Truth, and the Truth absolutely has set me free! More accurately, though, the Lord found me. I was wandering but not looking for Him. But He found me anyway, and snatched me right back into His arms.

I do not need anyone's pity. I truly don't. When I was a young, frustrated, prospective homosexual... yeah, that's when I was quite pitiful. Extremely pitiful, with a flesh just itching to sin. I look back and feel overwhelming pity for myself. No, the Lord had hit me over the head with the Truth. I have been bought and paid for by the holy Blood of Christ. God chose me, even when I did not choose Him. Truly, I am His possession! And God has welcomed me back with a loving embrace. I was like the son who ran away, as described by Jesus in Luke 15, squandered his inheritance, committed horrible sins. But when He snatched me back, the Lord rejoiced, and continues to rejoice.

I do not know if I'll ever find a (female) lover, and I am really not that partial one way or the other. That will be God's decision, and I ask Him only give me people who can help me grow in faith (and whom I can likewise help grow).

Truly, I do not sleep alone at night. The Lord is my eternal Comforter, and is with me at all times, day and night. I strive for greater and greater Fellowship with the Lord. I will NOT go back to where I was, and I beg the Lord never to let me go, ever again.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:15 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
While I was in the Marine Corps (a hundred years ago) I can remember asking God to leave me alone. But He wouldn't. He doesn't. Not with those who are truly Jesus followers.

It is ENTIRELY about a personal relationship with Jesus. Not with the Bible. Once one has met Jesus the Bible is second fiddle because we have His Spirit inside of us to guide us. Fundies mostly don't. That's why they keep falling back on "the Word." Their faith primarily consists of rules in a book, not fellowship in a community. Funny how they can't see how Jesus rejected rules in the book when it didn't serve those in the community. Unfortunately they can't see that.

Jesus called them the blind leading the blind. If your eyes are on rules in a book, it's pretty hard to see anyone "different" as a person.

In court, when people want the defendant to be punished without mercy, they idiom is "Throw the book at him (or her). In Christianity, those who aren't looking for mercy for others try to "throw the Bible" at them.

It's sad, geekigurl, but you hang in there and keep your faith in Jesus knowing their are a remnant of people who found Jesus beyond the sacred page and are no longer anchored to where they were but to where we are---in the midst of a lot of people that God loves a lot more than His own collection of books in a Bible.

Did I mention that God once told Jeremiah to write a scroll with His words in it---and then throw it in the sea?

Life is so much more than just the words of witnesses 2000-3000 years ago. There are witnesses all around us -- some of them are atheists or Buddhists or Muslims or Hindus. They still get inspired by God so His Word goes on and on. God won't be trapped in a book except by fundamentalists.

I can't remember ever telling God to leave me alone. I did wonder why other Christians were so cruel at times. I got an answer the other day. Some people, Christians included have been treated so cruelly, that's all they know. They don't know how to love others, because they've never been really loved by others.

I have enormous empathy for those who don't know how to love, or find it hard to love the other because of how they've been treated by others. For some, there is only darkness. I could have easily turned out that way had I not had the right people come alongside me at the right time and show me love and compassion when all I could see was darkness. There are some of those here, y'all know who you are. I love you too.

Some otters are just aholes, a real world variation of the GIFT theory but some legitimately haven't learned how to love the other.

In the real world, Christian variation of GIFT, some hide behind Christ while being insufferable, because they think they can just ask forgiveness every time they do so, but forgiveness doesn't work that way. In order to be forgiven, you have to be truly repentant, and turn away from what you had previously done and not do that anymore. Or try desperately hard not to do that anymore.

I have to be careful before labeling someone as evil, because the line between good and evil runs through us all. I'm ashamed by my thoughts sometimes ("if people don't start using turn signals...*foam kill kill*... the next person that turns in front of me without signalling is getting yanked through their driver's side window AND STOMPED FLAT!!!"). I've shared this before, but when I was addicted to drugs, I took my Mom's pain meds when she had cancer. That to me was evil. I still have trouble forgiving myself for that. I took drugs so I wouldn't have to feel anything, but that's not much of an excuse. If I'm to be condemned, it would be for that. Not my inborn gender identity or sexual orientation.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Atheism = intolerance. Not exactly loving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Fundamentalist equates to intolerance.
Atheist's are more accepting of love.
Quote:
I believe in allowing people to live freely however they want even if it is the path of sin. The only thing I won't tolerant is taking away people's freedom of religion which is what happened with Christian business owners. The intolerance is on the other side of the fence.
No one took away your right to think (believe) as you do, you are just prevented from discriminating against others that don't think like you. I know you love to hide behind your religion, but when it comes right down to it - there is nothing there - but your own prejudices. If you cannot serve the public, then you should not be in a business that caters to the public. Perhaps, you should live in a cave and fend for yourself without depending on anyone else? Especially, the homosexual who prepared your meal at the last restaurant you ate at, or the clerk at your favorite grocery store. In its simplicity, you are a hypocrite and a homophobic - having or showing a dislike of/or a prejudice against homosexual people. Although, you have no problem when it comes to them serving you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity