Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 05:47 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,911,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude
The truth will set you free. I hope one day you find, and heed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Oh, I have found the Truth, and the Truth absolutely has set me free! More accurately, though, the Lord found me. I was wandering but not looking for Him. But He found me anyway, and snatched me right back into His arms.

I do not need anyone's pity. I truly don't. When I was a young, frustrated, prospective homosexual... yeah, that's when I was quite pitiful. Extremely pitiful, with a flesh just itching to sin. I look back and feel overwhelming pity for myself. No, the Lord had hit me over the head with the Truth. I have been bought and paid for by the holy Blood of Christ. God chose me, even when I did not choose Him. Truly, I am His possession! And God has welcomed me back with a loving embrace. I was like the son who ran away, as described by Jesus in Luke 15, squandered his inheritance, committed horrible sins. But when He snatched me back, the Lord rejoiced, and continues to rejoice.

I do not know if I'll ever find a (female) lover, and I am really not that partial one way or the other. That will be God's decision, and I ask Him only give me people who can help me grow in faith (and whom I can likewise help grow).

Truly, I do not sleep alone at night. The Lord is my eternal Comforter, and is with me at all times, day and night. I strive for greater and greater Fellowship with the Lord. I will NOT go back to where I was, and I beg the Lord never to let me go, ever again.
Wow! For any teacher explaining to his/her class the definition of 'religious rhetoric' they should perhaps offer up the above post as a prime example.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Wow! For any teacher explaining to his/her class the definition of 'religious rhetoric' they should perhaps offer up the above post as a prime example.

Some wounded believers drink deeply of the Kool-Aid in order to ease their pain. Even if doing so requires denying one's identity and living a false life.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:38 PM

846 posts, read 610,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Worry about the dude in the mirror, not those who are spiritually evolved.
Lol. Spiritually evolved is a made up term to cover a made up philosophy.

You all try so hard by forcing new laws, silence opposing opinions, and put on public celebrations referring to it as “triumph” (synonym). But , deep down you are embarrassed. And if anyone even mentions or hints at its behavior they are banned, suppressed, and hated.

We are not part of your mindless collective and we see the Truth

Old 02-09-2019, 06:41 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There's something about certain types of Christian thinking that leads people to the need to suffer through self-flagellation by denying themselves of something that God never asks them to deny. It appeals to a sense of pride, ironically enough, because it makes them feel that they've done something to deserve God's favor.
You're missing my message entirely. I don't even WANT IT anymore! I'm not denying anything to myself! By becoming increasingly closer to God, my desire to sin has commensurately plummeted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
There is no disorder. LGBT+ people are born the way we are.
Yes, we are born with temptation to sin. I have stated this quite plainly. The Lord has absolutely saddled me with greater temptation! I look upon this as a blessing, because I have a greater opportunity now to prove my worthiness to Him!

Quote:
Absolute bull****. Complete, absolute, utter bull****. Where the hell do you people get this crap? I really want to know. The gay men in my life, love the women in theirs. And have no problem whatsover "dealing" with them.
Please be calm, and do not use foul language. Where am I coming from, you ask? You REALLY want to know? I'll tell you.

As my username suggests, I was born in 1990. So here's the chronology.

2003: accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. But, even before this time, I felt attraction to other males. I tried to deny that such attraction even existed.

2004: was introduced to the internet and regrettably started to become more involved in traditionalist Catholicism. I was raised Catholic (regrettably). The denial of God's grace eventually drove me crazy and caused me to reject God. I convinced myself He didn't exist.

2005: Decided to explore my homosexual fantasies by coming onto a friend of mine that I fancied. He had moved to my school district just that year (freshman year of HS 2004-05). And he would soon depart again come summer of 2005. But for the first few months of 2005, my decision to take a chance on him (yeah, he might be straight, but #YOLO! ) resulted in my absolute dejection.

2005-08: Utter frustration. As a high schooler, I was without God and without the means to acquire what my flesh wanted: a homosexual relationship. I longed for college.

2008: Initially, I wanted to go to college in Canada. I wanted out of this country. Even applied to a few colleges there (and was accepted, due to my good and improving grades). But in the end, I chose Massachusetts. Spent a year there, and almost immediately realized I'd made a mistake. I was taking on a higher tuition bill. And, to boot, I found absolutely no one who could possibly be my "soulmate." So I transferred back in-state.

2009-11: Having been a member for a while, I become a moderator on the now-defunct gayteenforum.net. Yes, as an adult (ages 18-21) I was regrettably in a position of authority and countenancing perversion in the presence of more impressionable minds. I ask God's forgiveness, and stand assured that I have received it. But, to answer your question, I have spent a LOT of time fraternizing with other homosexual males. So I do believe I talk from experience. Some gat males may have (platonic) female friends. But very many do delight in not having to deal with women romantically. Of course, this is the opposite of what God intends.

2012: Despite having elevated myself to the status of moderator on a gay teen forum, I had yet to actually experience homosexuality. That changed in 2012. I found someone online, and we had a relationship that lasted a few months. That was largely during the spring semester of 2012. Eventually, we just broke it off. Actually, he was a pagan (a "witch"), and I had a passing interest in the occult. I sat through some of the spells or rituals or whatever he would practice. I never felt a single thing. Not a single demon. Truly, my Lord was still protecting me from evil spirits, even in the depths of my sinfulness.

2012-18: Graduated, went from one lousy job to another. Went through various political phases. I was absolutely a racist, and my posting history from about 2014-18 will attest to that! I confess that. I ask for God's forgiveness. And I live assured that I have received it.

2019: I still struggled with this question even at the beginning of this calendar year. I regained my Christian faith only at the very end of 2018 (December 28, to be specific). In 2019, I have purchased so many Christian books. But I often find, God gives me the answers I was originally seeking before I've had a chance to read them! So on 1/11/2019, I was standing in line at the Barnes & Nobel, attempting to purchase "God and the Gay Christian" by Matthew Vines (an exculpatory book). It was humiliating. I was standing there in line trying to buy this book, and it was taking forever. There was only a single clerk, and the line was barely moving. I was trying to hold the book in a way that concealed its cover. I even watched as a male I found attractive came into the line behind me.

Finally, I made the purchase. But I've yet to read the book. No worries there; in the time since then, God has revealed to me all the reasons that homosexuality is wrong. Yet, He has warmly embraced me as His child, all the same! All these signs and tests (and there are MORE, which I will not reveal now, for the sake of brevity) from God have a purpose in my life. I KNOW it! I've lived it. Yes, of all the books I've purchased, I have begun reading some and have found much delightful and informative content. Especially Charles Stanley's "Eternal Security." Now, that book is a true Godsend for me! And I have no doubt about at all!! What an amazing book. Its year of publication being my own year of birth. 1990.

No, I don't need to read that other book. Not now, at least. Maybe I will do so as soon as the Lord has finished strengthening me in the Truth, so that I can resist and refute lies. But, in the meantime, at least I did remove the last copy from the shelf that evening. Maybe, hopefully, that action prevented someone else from being led by falsehood.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:41 PM

846 posts, read 610,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Speaking of lies and deception, why some would slander those of us who are LGBT+ without knowing any of us, is beyond my comprehension as well. Why is that, Joe?
I don’t need to know you to understand what is a truth versus what is a lie. Refusing to follow Jesus and His commands is your failure not mine

Old 02-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Lol. Spiritually evolved is a made up term to cover a made up philosophy.

You all try so hard by forcing new laws, silence opposing opinions, and put on public celebrations referring to it as “triumph” (synonym). But , deep down you are embarrassed. And if anyone even mentions or hints at its behavior they are banned, suppressed, and hated.

We are not part of your mindless collective and we see the Truth

You're fun. I hope you hang around.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I don’t need to know you to understand what is a truth versus what is a lie. Refusing to follow Jesus and His commands is your failure not mine

Some would term it your idiocy and not hers.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:58 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
love thy neighbor? go to those with Leprosy? "gay" to some fundy's is like leprosy? feed the hungry and help the poor?

does it matter what people follow if those things are done?

Old 02-09-2019, 07:36 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
But, to answer your question, I have spent a LOT of time fraternizing with other homosexual males. So I do believe I talk from experience. Some gat males may have (platonic) female friends. But very many do delight in not having to deal with women romantically. Of course, this is the opposite of what God intends.
I'm a woman and I'm delighted not to have to deal with other women in a romantic relationship, too. Oh wait, that's because I'm not attracted to women. Huh. Makes sense, then.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:54 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
I can hardly stand dealing with my girl friends and my one sister...the drama... the emotions!
How do men do it!!!?
Oh right, the man cave watching football.

OMG being married to my mom ...what a living hell that must have been!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity