Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 01:23 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Further evidence this site is controlled and run by the LGBTQ crowd. Several dozen postings talking about championing sexual immorality in a matter days. This amount of enthusiasm is only eclipse by a false narrative that Christians are angry at homosexuals.

Lies, deception, immorality are all anti Christian concepts clearly defined in the Scriptures. Yet why are they in such abundance on a “Christianity forum” site?

Those who are the Elect can obviously recognize these intents to justify wicked deeds. But does the saved have any hope and prayer left for these depraved lost souls?

Speaking of lies and deception, why some would slander those of us who are LGBT+ without knowing any of us, is beyond my comprehension as well. Why is that, Joe?

Old 02-09-2019, 01:26 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How able are you to resist the temptation of ogling a handsome young man?

Me, I resist that temptation by ogling handsome older men.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:30 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Heterosexuals are tested everyday! I see proof of this first hand all the time, its even something I experience personally...I see a very attractive female out in public, of course Im going to look and admire her beauty, it may even reach the point of lusting (imagining what it would be like to have sex with her)...BUT...when someone RESISTS going up to her and actually trying to make that scenario come to fruition (like asking her out, or asking her phone number, etc), that imo is successful avoidance of sin, AVOIDED taking steps that would lead to physical sex...in other words, I was able to resist temptation.
Jesus preferred to disillusion self-righteous people with this statement:
Quote:
You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matt. 5:27-28

You see yourself as having avoided sin because you interpret Scripture to mean sinful ACTS. Jesus, however, interprets you haven't by interpreting Scripture to mean sinful THOUGHTS.

That's why you need to take care of your own sin and never EVER worry about someone else's. To do so is a desire to exercise control over others when you can't control yourself.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
Further evidence this site is controlled and run by the LGBTQ crowd. Several dozen postings talking about championing sexual immorality in a matter days. This amount of enthusiasm is only eclipse by a false narrative that Christians are angry at homosexuals.

Lies, deception, immorality are all anti Christian concepts clearly defined in the Scriptures. Yet why are they in such abundance on a “Christianity forum” site?

Those who are the Elect can obviously recognize these intents to justify wicked deeds. But does the saved have any hope and prayer left for these depraved lost souls?
You must be talking about the hypocrite, scribe and Pharisee, the lost souls of religious fundamentalism. For they are the one's who are excited about defending their right to discriminate against other human beings based on their particular beliefs or prejudices. But much of what they believe is a lie or deception, which has led the masses astray through their own ignorance. If you believe something is a sin, then don't think on those things and you won't have to worry about inflicting insult and injury to others not like you. And, I highly doubt that you have been elected to represent the true and living God. But I will take the time to pray for you, and that of your false judgments.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:54 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Heterosexuals are tested everyday! I see proof of this first hand all the time, its even something I experience personally...I see a very attractive female out in public, of course Im going to look and admire her beauty, it may even reach the point of lusting (imagining what it would be like to have sex with her)...BUT...when someone RESISTS going up to her and actually trying to make that scenario come to fruition (like asking her out, or asking her phone number, etc), that imo is successful avoidance of sin, AVOIDED taking steps that would lead to physical sex...in other words, I was able to resist temptation.
Try to pay attention to what is being said and actually THINK about how to respond. The point being made was NOT that heterosexual men are not tempted, but that they are not tempted by other men.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:00 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
How many people here who want to speak for homosexuals have actually had a homosexual relationship? Yes, I did. I didn't just want to commit the sin. I committed that sin. I confess that to you and pray to God for mercy. But I know I have already received mercy, and salvation through God's grace. In fact, I will tell you, when the homosexually-inclined child of God realizes that he is still eternally loved by God, despite his sins, it is the realization of an overpowering Love that cannot even remotely compare to anything the homosexual lifestyle can possibly offer you.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
How many people here who want to speak for homosexuals have actually had a homosexual relationship? Yes, I did. I didn't just want to commit the sin. I committed that sin. I confess that to you and pray to God for mercy. But I know I have already received mercy, and salvation through God's grace. In fact, I will tell you, when the homosexually-inclined child of God realizes that he is still eternally loved by God, despite his sins, it is the realization of an overpowering Love that cannot even remotely compare to anything the homosexual lifestyle can possibly offer you.

I hope you will one day accept yourself as your creator made you.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,236,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The difference in your comparison lies in the question of harm or potential harm to one or more of parties involved. When you can demonstrate actual harm in a committed same sex relationship you will have the basis for argument that a secular society should be governed by perceptions that are not just religious prejudice. This has been addressed but not answered EVER by you. Why not?

Have you ever addressed this issue yourself? No. Probably not. Unless you're willing to tell us that you think all laws should be overturned. Or can you explain why secular laws should be governed by ANY preceptions EXCEPT the ones you disapprove of?

Old 02-09-2019, 02:14 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope you will one day accept yourself as your creator made you.
Oh, I do accept it. The Lord saddled me with more temptation than most, and showed me the Way even in spite of it! THAT is the beauty of God's love. And it's also precisely why homosexuality is intrinsically disordered.

What's wrong with a stable gay relationship? | Living Out

It is not uncommon for homosexual men to express relief at the fact that they do not have to deal with women. Not uncommon at all. However, God is well-aware that the male-female dynamic involves a certain degree of transcendence. This is a love that transcends the preordained boundaries that God has established between men and women. Likewise, God's Love for us transcends His status as our Lord, and our love for God transcends our status as His inferiors.

It is NOT an egalitarian relationship. Never was, and never will be. We are the possessions of God. Yet, we should all know, that this is the truest Love of all!

Old 02-09-2019, 02:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Oh, I do accept it. The Lord saddled me with more temptation than most, and showed me the Way even in spite of it! THAT is the beauty of God's love. And it's also precisely why homosexuality is intrinsically disordered.

What's wrong with a stable gay relationship? | Living Out

It is not uncommon for homosexual men to express relief at the fact that they do not have to deal with women. Not uncommon at all. However, God is well-aware that the male-female dynamic involves a certain degree of transcendence. This is a love that transcends the preordained boundaries that God has established between men and women. Likewise, God's Love for us transcends His status as our Lord, and our love for God transcends our status as His inferiors.

It is NOT an egalitarian relationship. Never was, and never will be. We are the possessions of God. Yet, we should all know, that this is the truest Love of all!

You've drunk deeply of Christian Kool-Aid. I feel very sorry for you. The only plus I see is that you've managed to distance yourself from yourself, in order to stop the pain.

What a terrible choice to make in order to please a primitive version of a god-thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity