Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2019, 05:29 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
I don’t need to know you to understand what is a truth versus what is a lie. Refusing to follow Jesus and His commands is your failure not mine
Like judge not that ye be not judged?

Old 02-10-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
How many people here who want to speak for homosexuals have actually had a homosexual relationship? Yes, I did. I didn't just want to commit the sin. I committed that sin. I confess that to you and pray to God for mercy. But I know I have already received mercy, and salvation through God's grace. In fact, I will tell you, when the homosexually-inclined child of God realizes that he is still eternally loved by God, despite his sins, it is the realization of an overpowering Love that cannot even remotely compare to anything the homosexual lifestyle can possibly offer you.
Thus is one person's opinion. Not everyone feels the same as you do.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Oh, I do accept it. The Lord saddled me with more temptation than most, and showed me the Way even in spite of it! THAT is the beauty of God's love. And it's also precisely why homosexuality is intrinsically disordered.

What's wrong with a stable gay relationship? | Living Out

It is not uncommon for homosexual men to express relief at the fact that they do not have to deal with women. Not uncommon at all. However, God is well-aware that the male-female dynamic involves a certain degree of transcendence. This is a love that transcends the preordained boundaries that God has established between men and women. Likewise, God's Love for us transcends His status as our Lord, and our love for God transcends our status as His inferiors.

It is NOT an egalitarian relationship. Never was, and never will be. We are the possessions of God. Yet, we should all know, that this is the truest Love of all!
Do you think homosexuality in the animal kingdom is wrong?

Old 02-10-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I believe in allowing people to live freely however they want even if it is the path of sin. The only thing I won't tolerant is taking away people's freedom of religion which is what happened with Christian business owners. The intolerance is on the other side of the fence.
What religious freedoms do you feel have been taken away from Christian business owners?

Old 02-10-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I completely agree. Including many on this very forum that talk about what God is, but refuse to actually believe his word .
I don't think you understood my post. What I was saying is the bible talks about love, mercy and grace. But so many Christians are quick to judge. The bible says judge not. And he who is without sin cast the first stone. And before you remove the speck from someone's eye, remove the beam from your own. In other words, mind your own business and let others mind theirs. The bible is not a one size fits all. What you deem to be needful in your own relationship with your God is one thing. Others here may have another relationship altogether.

And from what I have read of history, King James was purportedly gay, BTW.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Sadly, when the few of us that actually believe what God has said in his word post something, too many people try to jump on us, attack us, scream, yell, bite, and holler that we can't possibly respond to everyone.
You can respond. Doesn't mean you're right, but responding is your right.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Everyone was designed to be straight so it is a pointless question. A person may have been born as a kleptomaniac. That doesn't mean it is ok to steal.
And where do you get your data? Who says everyone was designed to be straight? There is much homosexual activity in the animal kingdom. They certainly can't make that choice. It's because they are who they are. Period.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:52 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't think you understood my post. What I was saying is the bible talks about love, mercy and grace. But so many Christians are quick to judge. The bible says judge not. And he who is without sin cast the first stone. And before you remove the speck from someone's eye, remove the beam from your own. In other words, mind your own business and let others mind theirs. The bible is not a one size fits all. What you deem to be needful in your own relationship with your God is one thing. Others here may have another relationship altogether.

And from what I have read of history, King James was purportedly gay, BTW.
He is buried in Westminster between his two biggest lovers--both men. His wife is buried there too, but not close.

Quote:
The Bible, most popularly known by it's King James Translation was ordered into the English language during the early 1600s. The interesting part is King James was 100% certified homosexual.

King James Homosexual, nicknamed affectionately: "Queen James", by his closest subjects including in a official capacity by "Sir Walter Raleigh".

In fact most of the verses that Christians attribute in the bible to be anti-homosexual didn't appear until 1946, when someone came along and revised the King James Version of the bible into modern English.

King James Homosexual, letter to Buckingham wrote:

I naturally so love your person, and adore all your other parts, which are more than ever one man had,
that were not only all your people but all the world besides set together on one side and you alone on the other, I should to obey and please you, displease you, nay, despise them all.
Like Your Bible? Thank A Homosexual.
King James Homosexual, From Earliest Teens to His Death & Burial Tomb!

King James was not a good man, however. It was his diatribe against "witches" whom he thought attempted to drown him in a storm as his ship went to France, that led to witches being burned or drowned themselves---upon accusation by at least two others. He felt witches were out to disrupt his royal position.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
He is buried in Westminster between his two biggest lovers--both men. His wife is buried there too, but not close.

King James Homosexual, From Earliest Teens to His Death & Burial Tomb!

King James was not a good man, however. It was his diatribe against "witches" whom he thought attempted to drown him in a storm as his ship went to France, that led to witches being burned or drowned themselves---upon accusation by at least two others. He felt witches were out to disrupt his royal position.
People really need to spend some time researching.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:29 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,439,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Do you think homosexuality in the animal kingdom is wrong?
We are not to look to the animal kingdom on matters of right and wrong. We are to look to God. Animals are not created in the Image of God. But we, as men, have been granted by God dominion over the earth. Because we have this dominion, it follows that when we fall, the animals do as well.

The consequences of sin are death. That's why all things die - not just people. Animals, too. God drowned all animal life in the Flood, except for the animals he gave to Noah to save. Why would God to this? Quite plainly, the animals, too, were wicked in His eyes.

This is the consequence of human sin. Many animals became carnivores because of this (not in accordance with God's ideals, as per Genesis 1:30, but because of sin).

But God still offered redemption to some of the animals, as well. How fortunate we are to be living in our present Age of Grace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity