Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 05:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheism = intolerance. Not exactly loving.

LOL! Look who's talking.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:42 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
So we have super long threads trying to justify this as normal, the will of God or accept me or your a bigot. If you disagree with the lifestyle its not your opinion, its now hate speech, but if the LGBTQ and backers call you names for not agreeing, its not consider hate speech.

Lets compare homosexuality, with adultery and incest, which are other forms of Sexual immorality listed by God.

For Adultery, I dont hear any one say, God made me this way to want multiple women/men, so Im going to cheat on my spouse and you better not say its wrong or you're a bigot. Actually you're an adulterphobe for not supporting my lifestyle of adultery and I should be able to openly be in adultery in the church too, dont judge.

LGBTQ says whats wrong with 2 committed adults doing what they want behind closed doors.

How about incest. Whats wrong with 2 loving and committed family members having sex with each other behind closed doors. God made them that way, despite where it says in scriptures that is a 100% no no, just like he did on homosexuality. If you say anything against people that commit incest and are open about it in the church too, yore a bigot or incestaphobic.

All 3 scenarios are listed as the sin of Sexual immorality by God and must be repented of. Jesus didnt speak on incest and bestiality, but that doesnt make them okay either. He didnt have to speak on homosexuality, because they all knew it was a abomination to God to live like that, it was wrong, goes against nature and the will of God and considered sexual immorality, so no need for Jesus to go in detail about something that is obvious to them like STOP at a stop sign is obvious to us in our current times.

Whole issue summed up right here.

Is Gay marriage or LGBTQ lifestyle backed by scriptures? NO
Is Gay marriage or LGBTQ lifestyle a sin according to scriptures? YES

Does God recognize marriage between anything other than a man and woman? NO
Is sex outside of marriage a sin according to scriptures? YES
Is homosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES
Is heterosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES

Does the bible say sexual immorality is a sin in the OT and NT? YES
Does the bible say people who practice sexual immorality will not go to heaven? YES

Its that simple, God doesnt hate a homosexual/lesbian, even though he calls their lifestyle an abomination, he still loves them. What he hates is the sin of sexual immorality and it must be repented of and it applies to gay and straight people. Since God sees sex outside of marriage as a sin and will never recognize a gay marriage, homosexuality will always be sexual immorality which is a SIN, just like adultery and fornication.

IN THE BEGINNING

Genesis 1:27
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
----------

JESUS CONFIRMS WHAT MARRIAGE IS

Matthew 19
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him,“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”
4 And He answered and said to them,“Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
7 They said to Him,“Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”
8 He said to them,“Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[d] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

So Jesus taught from the Torah and it is pretty clear and straight forward that marriage is between a man and a woman only, so Gay marriage and homosexuality will never be okay in the eyes of God.

SEXUAL IMMORALITY IS A SIN AND A SIN AGAINST YOUR OWN BODY
1 Corinthians 6:18
18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Gay Marriage, Homosexuality, and Sexual Immorality is wrong, no matter how one tries to flip scriptures to suit them. As a true believer we are to let the bible be the standard, not man kinds corrupt traditions. In the end you give an account to Jesus, not mankind.

Lev 18:22, Lev 20:13, Rom 1:24-32, 1 Cor 6:9, Colossians 3:5-7, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5, Rev 21:8

Colossians 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
I think you forgot that you're quoting made up stuff in a made up book.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheism = intolerance. Not exactly loving.
Fundamentalist equates to intolerance.
Atheist's are more accepting of love.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:01 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,753 times
Quote:
So we have super long threads trying to justify this as normal, the will of God or accept me or your a bigot. If you disagree with the lifestyle its not your opinion, its now hate speech, but if the LGBTQ and backers call you names for not agreeing, its not consider hate speech.

Lets compare homosexuality, with adultery and incest, which are other forms of Sexual immorality listed by God.

For Adultery, I dont hear any one say, God made me this way to want multiple women/men, so Im going to cheat on my spouse and you better not say its wrong or you're a bigot. Actually you're an adulterphobe for not supporting my lifestyle of adultery and I should be able to openly be in adultery in the church too, dont judge.

LGBTQ says whats wrong with 2 committed adults doing what they want behind closed doors.

How about incest. Whats wrong with 2 loving and committed family members having sex with each other behind closed doors. God made them that way, despite where it says in scriptures that is a 100% no no, just like he did on homosexuality. If you say anything against people that commit incest and are open about it in the church too, yore a bigot or incestaphobic.

All 3 scenarios are listed as the sin of Sexual immorality by God and must be repented of. Jesus didnt speak on incest and bestiality, but that doesnt make them okay either. He didnt have to speak on homosexuality, because they all knew it was a abomination to God to live like that, it was wrong, goes against nature and the will of God and considered sexual immorality, so no need for Jesus to go in detail about something that is obvious to them like STOP at a stop sign is obvious to us in our current times.

Whole issue summed up right here.

Is Gay marriage or LGBTQ lifestyle backed by scriptures? NO
Is Gay marriage or LGBTQ lifestyle a sin according to scriptures? YES

Does God recognize marriage between anything other than a man and woman? NO
Is sex outside of marriage a sin according to scriptures? YES
Is homosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES
Is heterosexual sex outside of marriage sexual immorality according to scriptures ? YES

Does the bible say sexual immorality is a sin in the OT and NT? YES
Does the bible say people who practice sexual immorality will not go to heaven? YES

Its that simple, God doesnt hate a homosexual/lesbian, even though he calls their lifestyle an abomination, he still loves them. What he hates is the sin of sexual immorality and it must be repented of and it applies to gay and straight people. Since God sees sex outside of marriage as a sin and will never recognize a gay marriage, homosexuality will always be sexual immorality which is a SIN, just like adultery and fornication.

IN THE BEGINNING

Genesis 1:27
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 2:24
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
----------

JESUS CONFIRMS WHAT MARRIAGE IS

Matthew 19
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him,“Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”
4 And He answered and said to them,“Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
7 They said to Him,“Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”
8 He said to them,“Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[d] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

So Jesus taught from the Torah and it is pretty clear and straight forward that marriage is between a man and a woman only, so Gay marriage and homosexuality will never be okay in the eyes of God.

SEXUAL IMMORALITY IS A SIN AND A SIN AGAINST YOUR OWN BODY
1 Corinthians 6:18
18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Gay Marriage, Homosexuality, and Sexual Immorality is wrong, no matter how one tries to flip scriptures to suit them. As a true believer we are to let the bible be the standard, not man kinds corrupt traditions. In the end you give an account to Jesus, not mankind.

Lev 18:22, Lev 20:13, Rom 1:24-32, 1 Cor 6:9, Colossians 3:5-7, Galatians 5:19-21, Ephesians 5:5, Rev 21:8

Colossians 3:5-7
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Forgot slander. Big time sin, which means if you're right (you're not, but whatevs) you'd burn too. If there were a hell.

If you think I'm going to let you take some verses out of context, and rip my life apart without so much as a peep, you are greatly mistaken. Nah, fam. Not today. Not ever.

You don't know a freaking thing about me, but you dare to judge my character and think you know everything you need to know about me based on a book. A book I am not even in. You have no clue who utterly repugnant you are.

As for adultery, being a cheater is not an inborn trait. Being lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender is.

Cheating on a spouse is cowardly and selfish. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Incest is the same as above. Not an inborn trait. In fact, we are wired not to be that way. But if you want to bang your sister. Or brother. I'm not going to judge you, and rip your life apart, the way you just did me. Knock yourself out.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:29 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,709,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Perhaps their goal is to drive LBGT folks from the Christianity forum or maybe from Christianity itself?
Not at all. Their goal is to elevate themselves above others--and generally they pick on sins they think they aren't guilty of---or that if they committed one, like adultery---it is a one time thing easily forgiven even if they remarried.

Now Scripture, of course, does not support that view concerning adultery. It appears from Scripture, that only by returning to the spouse one left resolves that tremendous breach of covenant that is spoken of constantly throughout the Bible--not just in six verses.

Fundamentalists have a remarkable ability to ignore the most important messages of the Bible and focus on the sins of other people.

Aren't they a tremendous "witness" to how forgiving Jesus was? If I hadn't had a personal experience with Christ, these godless fundamentalists would make ME want to be an atheist. An atheist with a good heart toward others has a better chance of seeing heaven than these so-called "Bible-believers."

All the fundamentalists combined on this exact thread haven't half the Biblical knowledge of geekigurl, a transgender person who has been the object of their finger-pointing.

Old 02-08-2019, 06:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
So we have super long threads trying to justify this as normal, the will of God or accept me or your a bigot...
No, you’re a bigot. You are: you’re.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:02 PM

At least fundies aren't clever enough to disguise what they are.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:05 PM

11,065 posts, read 7,139,669 times
SAAN's good at selecting certain convenient "sins" to rail against. Too bad he's ignoring the big fat 'sin' of judging others.

Go the mirror SAAN, if you have the guts. You'll find plenty of evil staring back at you.

Clean up your own backyard, instead of loitering, trespassing, and pooping in others'.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:06 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,385,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
At least fundies aren't clever enough to disguise what they are.
Except from themselves?

Old 02-08-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Except from themselves?

That takes cowardice. They have an abundance of that. All bullies do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity