Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:52 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,700 times

Advertisements

Maybe a help meet for you isn’t in the grand plan. Remember god knows what’s best for you.

Remember, the rib woman was an afterthought.

Quote:
King James Bible
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Maybe a dog would be something to look into?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 10:57 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,798,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Maybe a dog would be something to look into?
Yes, thats a band aid, but sure. I am looking into that since I love dogs

Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yes, thats a band aid, but sure. I am looking into that since I love dogs
Isn’t praying for a rib woman just like bandaid?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,622,996 times
Quote:
Good advice, except I haven't found a co-ed group to join. Long story, but I live in a city I'm not from that is very cliquish. I've lived here for 6 years and its been a 6 year struggle. That said, I've looked very hard for those types of groups and found a couple through meetup.com, but weren't the right ones for me.

Then you have really not been looking. You have set yourself up for failure by defining you location as cliquish.

When you are ready to open yourself up to new experiences you will meet people.

When I moved to a sleepy Southern town I knew no one beyond family. I like meeting people, and so I met people. I am still meeting people. Was it easy? No. It gets easier.

If you limit your circle to men's groups, you will not meet women. It is that simple.

Women volunteer. Go volunteer.

Women look to help others, so go help others.

If you sit at home mourning your situation, you will not meet women.

If you commiserate about women with men, you will not meet women.

You have been sleeping for six years. You are sitting on the precipice of choice. Choose wisely.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Isn’t praying for a rib woman just like bandaid?
Um, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Then you have really not been looking. You have set yourself up for failure by defining you location as cliquish.

When you are ready to open yourself up to new experiences you will meet people.

When I moved to a sleepy Southern town I knew no one beyond family. I like meeting people, and so I met people. I am still meeting people. Was it easy? No. It gets easier.

If you limit your circle to men's groups, you will not meet women. It is that simple.

Women volunteer. Go volunteer.

Women look to help others, so go help others.

If you sit at home mourning your situation, you will not meet women.

If you commiserate about women with men, you will not meet women.

You have been sleeping for six years. You are sitting on the precipice of choice. Choose wisely.
Well, you don't know my history here. I have not been "sleeping", but I am tired of going out all the time making the effort. Its not easy going out alone and foprcing yourself to socialize, at least as a shy introvert. Thats not an excuse, since I do it anyway, but I'm sure it holds me back. I've done many things like join a church, attend meetups, take comedy classes, and I'm not only going to be in a mens group, but also 1 or maybe 2 co-ed groups, though all are church related. I also joined a country club, despite not feeling like I'm a "country club" kind of guy. Jury is out on that one. But yeah, I've tried many things, some of which I'm forgetting at the moment.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Um, no.

Well, you don't know my history here. I have not been "sleeping", but I am tired of going out all the time making the effort. Its not easy going out alone and foprcing yourself to socialize, at least as a shy introvert. Thats not an excuse, since I do it anyway, but I'm sure it holds me back. I've done many things like join a church, attend meetups, take comedy classes, and I'm not only going to be in a mens group, but also 1 or maybe 2 co-ed groups, though all are church related. I also joined a country club, despite not feeling like I'm a "country club" kind of guy. Jury is out on that one. But yeah, I've tried many things, some of which I'm forgetting at the moment.

You have made friends, yes?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,734,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ask God to teach you patience, and He'll probably give you a wife
rotf.... that is a jewel right there Finn ... yes you snuck up on somthing profound...

Quote:
to the orginal poster.... questions..
IS? He praying about becoming a man that "a wife" would want either. because a patient husband and long-suffering, faithful .. isn't needed around children? ... monthly's? and pms? and all the other issues.....a real family has..

marriage isn't about what you get, but what you are prepared to GIVE...

meaning a woman has to want you and has to put up with you too....
and since you having a wife means at least adding 10 years to your life and to the quality of your life.. ..

so maybe your going to want to pray about God creating you into a husband and one that a wife wants and wants to keep around also. because She is all about what you are bring to a future family.. and if she isn't seeing Jesus( a man of sacrifices ( which is love ) .. in you. what you want to take and are all wanting from her isn't going to help you find someone to love ..love.
because you will someday find that love isn't what you feel you are getting.... but what you give to those you love.
that is what keeps you in the game for the long haul. and it is about how much you enjoy pouring yourself out for the ones you love most.

so unless your really pretty( but pretty can get ugly in a hurry if it is too needy and demanding) .. or really rich so that she can buy someone to take care of the babies and all their needs.. . and pay someone keep the house, etc.. and thus she can baby , the big demanding baby in the house ..( you) instead ..

meaning so basically a poor and ugly guy had better learn what love is all about .. and Finn was all over it..

Old 06-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You have made friends, yes?
So back to what I said about the cliquish mentality. You just can't understand it if you haven't lived here. I've never seen anything like it, honestly. Yes, I've made friends, but I would say only 2-3 real ones, and even that is questionable. I've met many people that I thought could be friends, but I got tired of making all the effort, so they drifted away. Now by joining these small groups, I'm hoping true Christians will find friendships more meaningful, but no guarantees. Its also hard to meet them where they are in their spiritual journey since I feel way behind in that regard.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
So back to what I said about the cliquish mentality. You just can't understand it if you haven't lived here. I've never seen anything like it, honestly. Yes, I've made friends, but I would say only 2-3 real ones, and even that is questionable. I've met many people that I thought could be friends, but I got tired of making all the effort, so they drifted away. Now by joining these small groups, I'm hoping true Christians will find friendships more meaningful, but no guarantees. Its also hard to meet them where they are in their spiritual journey since I feel way behind in that regard.

Your entire city is one big clique? You are a fortunate man to find two or three friends.

I see you need work on your spiritual journey. You are on a path unique to you, and you are not way behind anything.

You have to meet women on their turf. Women help others. Women volunteer their time.

My single, female Christian friends have a variety of interests organized through their churches, and in co-operation with different faiths. They are members of food banks. City gardens helping people feed themselves. Habitat for Humanity. Homeless Veterans initiatives. Delivering food to the home bound. True Christians? You decide.

Old 06-11-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Your entire city is one big clique? You are a fortunate man to find two or three friends.

I see you need work on your spiritual journey. You are on a path unique to you, and you are not way behind anything.

You have to meet women on their turf. Women help others. Women volunteer their time.

My single, female Christian friends have a variety of interests organized through their churches, and in co-operation with different faiths. They are members of food banks. City gardens helping people feed themselves. Habitat for Humanity. Homeless Veterans initiatives. Delivering food to the home bound. True Christians? You decide.
Good idea, and one of the few I haven't tried, as I'm trying to find a cause to be passionate about. I think delivering food to old people would make me feel great. Other than that, I'll just have to try a few things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity