Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 02:03 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,629,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Good idea, and one of the few I haven't tried, as I'm trying to find a cause to be passionate about. I think delivering food to old people would make me feel great. Other than that, I'll just have to try a few things.

You have just created an obstacle. You do not have to feel passionate about a cause. You need to develop a passion for seeing a need and finding a way to make a change in the lives of others.

You are a man with many blessings who places obstacles in your way on your spiritual journey. Remove them, and you will find the partner you seek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 02:21 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,804,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You have just created an obstacle. You do not have to feel passionate about a cause. You need to develop a passion for seeing a need and finding a way to make a change in the lives of others.

You are a man with many blessings who places obstacles in your way on your spiritual journey. Remove them, and you will find the partner you seek.
Did you not see where I said I will try a few things? I'm aware of obstacles, but thats not one. I just have to do it, so I will.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
rotf.... that is a jewel right there Finn ... yes you snuck up on somthing profound...

IS? He praying about becoming a man that "a wife" would want either. because a patient husband and long-suffering, faithful .. isn't needed around children? ... monthly's? and pms? and all the other issues.....a real family has..

marriage isn't about what you get, but what you are prepared to GIVE...

meaning a woman has to want you and has to put up with you too....
and since you having a wife means at least adding 10 years to your life and to the quality of your life.. ..

so maybe your going to want to pray about God creating you into a husband and one that a wife wants and wants to keep around also. because She is all about what you are bring to a future family.. and if she isn't seeing Jesus( a man of sacrifices ( which is love ) .. in you. what you want to take and are all wanting from her isn't going to help you find someone to love ..love.
because you will someday find that love isn't what you feel you are getting.... but what you give to those you love.
that is what keeps you in the game for the long haul. and it is about how much you enjoy pouring yourself out for the ones you love most.

so unless your really pretty( but pretty can get ugly in a hurry if it is too needy and demanding) .. or really rich so that she can buy someone to take care of the babies and all their needs.. . and pay someone keep the house, etc.. and thus she can baby , the big demanding baby in the house ..( you) instead ..

meaning so basically a poor and ugly guy had better learn what love is all about .. and Finn was all over it..
Yep, I understand this. This has been my focus for a decade. Andy Stanley said something (directed towards singles) when I was going to his church that really hit me. It was "Be the person that the person you're looking for is looking for", which is basically what you said. I've been on that path for quite a while. Not the same man I was when I got divorced a decade ago.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,629,715 times
Quote:
Did you not see where I said I will try a few things? I'm aware of obstacles, but thats not one. I just have to do it, so I will.

I have seen you, more that you know. You need to see yourself as God sees you.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:51 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,617,164 times
Quote:
Yes, thats a band aid, but sure. I am looking into that since I love dogs
A dog won't take half+ when you divorce.

Just saying.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
A dog won't take half+ when you divorce.

Just saying.
Hahahaha! So true!

Old 06-11-2019, 03:15 PM

88,777 posts, read 85,174,600 times
Atlguy39, if you like dogs, do you also like true crime? The Crime Junkies podcast listeners are mostly women AND the women who do the podcast have dogs and incorporate stuff about pooches into their show.

So, there's a whole base of women and dogs PLUS the potential to help bring killers to justice, which would be Christian-like (she said, in an attempt to keep the thread on topic.)

Old 06-11-2019, 03:32 PM

23,260 posts, read 10,540,547 times
Quote:
I just joined a men's small group and last night we were talking about praying and if we've ever heard God's voice. I personally don't believe prayer works because it has never worked for me. However, at this point, willing to keep trying. So the leader of the group knows I want a wife and told me to write out a very specific prayer about what I want. Thing is, he said something like "a prayerful wife" and it really turned me off and I thought, "well, that doesn't resonate with me". Would love to hear ideas/suggestions on examples of how I could do this and opinions on if it could possibly (I know, nobody knows) work. Maybe I need to have a lot more faith that it will work and then it will. I'm just kind of lost.
Make a pitcher of frozen margaritas and another with frozen strawberry daqueries, go to the grocery store or wherever women hang out, and invite every woman you see to dinner, tell her it's a woman's night out and there is going to be peperincini chicken, just a bunch of women hanging out talking.

Every single Wednesday I hosted a woman's night out, and there was always 6 women sometimes more. This sort of way is very easy to ask a woman out on a date because even if they are not attracted to you at first, she maybe after she gets to know you, and if you are a good dancer, well, it's that easy. You always know who really likes you around other women and you get to know many women without being rejected.

Your problem is simple, you don't know enough women or you aren't around enough women, you throw a party every week, cook a good dinner, push the table back and dance, and they will all be waiting they turn lol, but meeting women is the goal, and you do what I say, you will be married in 6 months.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:32 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,067,163 times
You know what? I say ask God for a wife anyway that you want to. He knows the desire of your heart.

I DO think it's a good idea to make a list of the characteristics that are important to you. IMO, having a tangible list makes your desire more real...and helps you stay steady.

I have a suggestion...some of the bigger churches in your area might have a divorce recovery ministry. You might want to call around, and see if they do. Usually those kind of ministries are non denominational. Maybe you would meet some like minded ladies that way.

Old 06-11-2019, 03:42 PM

23,260 posts, read 10,540,547 times
I prayed and asked God to take away my codependence to the need of being with a woman, I haven't been on a date in like 15 years, I never would have believed I could live without a woman in my life, but I am happy I made that choice. Maybe God don't want you should get married?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity