Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 08:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I take it that understanding English literature is not your strong suit.

Are you referring to British lit? I majored in British lit in college. But what has that got to do with the price of tea in Siberia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 03:45 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Along with the other 31,100, I suppose.

pcamps, I'm confused. Last time I looked "no one does good" meant "everyone does evil". Which of course in its context means everyone does what they want, not what God wants--and if God wants us to do good then of course everyone does just the opposite. Isaiah echos this in 53:6"

We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;

And Paul reaffirms it in Romans 3:10-12

But if the verse was applicable to only one period in history then its meaning is lost in every other period. "Everybody was evil then, but take heart: ALL are good today. Maybe through Jesus, I don't know.
Thrill, there is no need to be confused. I think it is quite obvious it’s referring to the state of a nation. It is what they became having strayed from the source of life. The nation went down the pan, it’s clear as daylight to me. It’s leadership was corrupt to the core and inevitably that effected everyone under there care. It’s not necessary applicable to one period in history, but then again it’s a mistake to read the Bible like it’s a history book.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Are you referring to British lit? I majored in British lit in college. But what has that got to do with the price of tea in Siberia?
Then you should understand that hyperbole may be used in some situations to emphasize a feeling but not express literal truth. It is not a one size fits all literary device.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:02 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Evil is simple. Trangressions against God's will, summerized in the Ten Commandments. Therefore murder is evil, as is hatred. Adultery and fornication are evil, as is lust for someone to whom you are not married.

Old 08-07-2019, 07:16 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
the bible says in man is by nature evil. Yet many in our culture, and many christians insist that man is good. So what about you? With the mass shottings and other murders, the adultery and rampant immorality, the lying and stealing? Will any others agree with god that man is by nature evil, an object of gods wrath.
"good and evil" is the tree that brought men death.. Death is evil...men now die because they are not life.. Life is only in him.
So your question is almost anti-biblical. IT IS INTUITIVE YES....., BUT ANTI BIBLICAL BECAUSE YOU ARE STILL IN THE TRAP OF TRYING TO REASON "GOOD AND EVIL" ... ON THE TREE OF DEATH! ..

Because there is not good or evil like you asked! There is only death or life..
And men by thier own will are not life!!
AND CAN NOT OVERCOME DEATH ( AND GOOD OR EVIL)!!

Old 08-07-2019, 07:19 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Evil is simple. Trangressions against God's will, summerized in the Ten Commandments. Therefore murder is evil, as is hatred. Adultery and fornication are evil, as is lust for someone to whom you are not married.
Gonna ignore the other 600+ commandments from god?

Old 08-07-2019, 07:51 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Amazing. So, what happened to the will of God in the commandments regarding animal sacrifice? Did it change? Is that the only thing that changed?

Old 08-07-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
NO AUGIE THOSE TEN ARE DEATH... TRANSGRESSING THEM WILL RESULT IN DEATH, OF THE HEART OF THE BODY SOULS OR MIND OR ALL OF THE ABOVE..

BUT THE COMMANDMENTS AREN'T COMMANDMENTS LIKE THAT . THEY SAY "MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME WILL NOT .....WILL NOT DO THESE THINGS.I WILL LIST THE DEATH TO THE MOST
OBVIOUS APPLICATION.. BUT THERE IS ALWAYS MORE..

THE " THE COMMANDMENTS ARE THE QUALIFIERS OR IDENTIFIERS FOR THOSE WITH HIS "LIFE"RS.

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.( DEATH TO THE SPIRIT)
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.( DEATH TO THE SPIRIT)
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.( DEATH TO THE SOUL AND SPIRIT)
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. ( NO REST FOR YOU OR YOUR SERVANTS / MEANS DEATH TO THE SOUL, SPIRIT AND BODY)
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.( REBELLION IS LIKE WITCHCRAFT AND THUS DEATH TO THE BODY ,SOUL AND SPIRIT+ OTHERS )
6 “You shall not murder.(DEATH TO THE FLESH +)
7 “You shall not commit adultery.( DEATH TO THE SOUL + AND SOMETIMES BODY )
8 “You shall not steal.( DEATH TO SOMETIMES BODY AND SOULS OF SOMEONE ELSE )
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.( DEATH TO ANOTHER SOUL FALSELY ACCUSED )
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”
( DEATH TO YOUR SOUL+++)

THOSE WHO ARE HIS PEOPLE "WILL/SHALL NOT" DO THOSE THINGS WHICH CAUSE WICKEDNESS ..
2Ch 7:14

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

WHAT WAYS ? "WICKED WAYS " THAT HE LISTED ABOVE IN HIS " COMMANDMENTS ". THOSE THAT CAUSE HUMANITY DEATH AT SOME LEVEL, THE BODY, SOUL, SPIRIT OR FLESH!

DEATH IS EVIL.. DEATH OF THE BODY SOULS OR SPIRIT IS WICKEDNESS
JUDGING "GOOD AND EVIL" BY HUMAN IDEOLOGIES ... IS STILL DEATH. AND NO ONE WILL EVER AGREE. AND WILL EVEN START KILLING EACH OTHER OVER WHAT THEY WILL NOT AGREE IS "GOOD OR WHAT IS EVIL" ... THAT IS WICKEDNESS .. AND TONS OF WICKEDNESS GOING ON IN THIS SITE!

Old 08-07-2019, 08:59 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Apparently rape and child abuse didn't make the cut.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
apparently rape and child abuse didn't make the cut.
then you don't understand his law. Like what real adultery is ! After the first time you have sex with someone.. The next one , it is adultery. You were one flesh with them.
. And what is it is to covet your anyone's anything including his wife and or daughter or son ( now days).. just a name a few laws/ those break... But trout dear... Do you need him to say for them to you to not covet a " son and daughter"? wife isn't clear enough? all of his possessions isn't clear enough?

Is that what you need to understand him?

So do you think if you covet and rape YOUR NEIGHBORS daughter and not the wife, God will not punish you/ allow "death" to catch up to you? THAT He will not allow that death that RAPEST HAS created ? He can just leave y/our cold dead heart to reap what it has sown? Death .. Spiritual and physical and soul, death.
Only he can forgive it ! But DID YOU NOT HEAR THAT He hardened Pharoahs heart ? and why we are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling! Pharoah , who was a deather/ He created much powers of Death and He had to reap..and God allowed him to reap what he was sowing ..... remember it clearly says God is not mocked as a man sows so shall he reap! and that means everyone! there is many ways to die even before death of this body and the second death..

This is all death and deathing is the sentence in all cases for those actions (and yes trout all related actions), but our God believes in kis theology ( keep it simple for the kids ) and will end in death of all participants and of all who do wickedness!

So without repentance and his grace, then there goes us all... Unless he intervenes! And if he chooses not too , and verse like " turn them over to (satan ) for the destruction of their flesh that their souls may be saved on the day of our lord"... That is a proper christians reaction to unrepentant sinners who has been warned and knows better... In or out of the churches.

Except in christ when we allow him to change our heart/ spirit and soul and one day flesh.

Arguing with you trout about "good and evil" is just as deadly to the heart and souls and spirit of his people. So i won't do that on this subject any further !
So have a blessed day trout! AND PS .. JESUS TELLS US A SECRET..

Mat 18:6

“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Mar 9:42

“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.
Luk 17:2

“It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

BOTH OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT IS CLEAR A DAY OF HIS VENGEANCE AGAINST REBELLION AND UNREPENTANT SINNERS WILL COME. UNTIL THEN IT IS ALL GRACE AND ALL MERCY FOR THE REPENTANT WHO FOLLOW HIM AWAY FROM WICKEDNESS !!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 08-07-2019 at 01:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity