Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 09:39 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniXcality View Post
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has an understanding that the Holy Spirit is Motherly? I often call Wisdom( the Holy Spirit and She is Faithful) my Mother, and I think that there is scriptural support for this idea in proverbs 8, of course many will say that it is only poetic language, but to be honest I think we do have a Mother and Father in Heaven and Son (One Spirit) and that women have been surpressed and unrepresented in this world, and I firmly believe that is because of a deception caused by the evil one! Anyway I'll keep this thread short, looking foward to what you all have to say, take care God bless
The Holy Spirit is never referenced as she in the Bible. This simile may be from another source but it is not biblical. Feelings is personal, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 10:40 PM

3,061 posts, read 914,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
The Holy Spirit is never referenced as she in the Bible. This simile may be from another source but it is not biblical. Feelings is personal, of course.
Correct! Wisdom is referenced as she, but the Holy spirit is masculine.

John 14: 16-17; "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that 'HE' may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth 'HIM' not, neither knoweth 'HIM' but ye know 'HIM'; for 'HE' dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 14: 26; "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, 'HE' will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:11 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, THAT ONE will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Old 02-29-2020, 08:29 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has an understanding that the Holy Spirit is Motherly? I often call Wisdom( the Holy Spirit and She is Faithful) my Mother, and I think that there is scriptural support for this idea in proverbs 8, of course many will say that it is only poetic language, but to be honest I think we do have a Mother and Father in Heaven and Son (One Spirit) and that women have been surpressed and unrepresented in this world, and I firmly believe that is because of a deception caused by the evil one! Anyway I'll keep this thread short, looking foward to what you all have to say, take care God bless
Sometimes what we believe doesn't always make it so. There's NO “sex” in Heaven. Meaning NO males or females. Jehovah God created these types of species for Earth, so that they can procreate ,(Genesis 1:28). those that die ,with that Heavenly calling. Will not go to Heaven as they were on Earth, humans. They will be Spirit being with nothing that distinguish one Angel from another. Also NOTICE, all Angels are called “SONS”,(Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?). No where in the Bible are they called daughters.

The HS is NOT a Being, it's GOD's Power or active force. he causes whatever he wants to Happen, happen. This is what John says referring to Jesus ,(Mark 1:8 I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit”). Jesus can do what John couldn't, Which was to give his followers the Power to continue and accomplish what Jesus was also sent to do. Which was to bring people to his Father. Helping them to know the truth in order to be saved. Jesus was soon to leave Earth, he knew that the Apostles will still need help to continue, where Jesus left off.

This is why he said that he will sent a “helper.” meaning his Father's Power or HS ,to help guide these faithful followers. Jehovah God gave the HS to Jesus once he was Baptized ,(Luke 3:22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased”). Jehovah God had his Power or HS, manifested into a form of a Dove. He wanted those men to SEE, his Power, NOT just know that he is all Powerful. If the HS was a Being, 1/3 of Jesus and his Father. Why didn't “HE” ,the HS come as the “other Spirit being” himself?

And one does not have to be a female in order to be “Motherly.” there are MANY men on Earth ,that has shown more Motherly love towards their children ,than some women. Which is said to be born with that nature, not always true! As for women being “suppressed and unrepresented.” I understand what you're saying and satan does play a part in this, But so do some men! Either way, Jehovah God, Jesus doesn't feel this way. Jehovah God spoke highly of women ,(Psa. 68:11 Jehovah gives the command; the women proclaiming the good news are a large army). we too have a hand in helping Spiritually. But again, there's NO sex in Heaven peace

Old 02-29-2020, 08:56 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,383,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
One of the things Catholics got right was elevating Mary into a being worthy of honour. The Protestants made a huge mistake by bumping her down to a nondescript baby-factory.
Sensible religions, like those of indigenous people worldwide, honour and respect the power of creation and wisdom represented by the female.
Correct! (Honored - but not 'worshipped')
Also think of this, if God made us in His image, then what we have here should be reflected in heaven, and relatable: The Holy Family;
Father - Who is Pure Spirit
Mother - Who is Pure Human - Incarnate
Son - Who is both Pure Spirit AND Pure Human Incarnate

And because Mary IS exactly like us - incarnate alone, she is the most relatable to us
(the Highest example a human can aspire to - because we can know what she knows if we know her!)
- to degrade or disparage her is to limit or condemn even yourself.
And of course, she is Purely Feminine.

The Holy Spirit IS Pure Spirit - Who is One with the Pure Spirit of the Father and The Son - and is One with Mary the same way WE are called to be One with: "...that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me..."

Old 02-29-2020, 09:07 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
OP, you might also be interested in this thread from the Religion & Spirituality forum from a couple of months ago in which some of us discussed the sacred/divine feminine:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...tionships.html

Old 02-29-2020, 09:10 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else
has an understanding that the Holy Spirit is Motherly?
Yes.
And a Friend
And a Teacher
And a Comforter
And Clear
And Strong
And a Guide
And a Giver
And a Constant Observer
And an Overseer
But mostly an Orchestrator

But, unlike an earthly mother - I have never felt any disapproval, thus, no shaming.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom 'THE' Father will send in my name, THAT ONE will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
KJV John 14: 26; But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost, who 'THE' Father will send in my name, 'HE' will teach you all things.

Amplified John 14: 26;But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby) the Holy Spirit whom 'THE' Father will send in my name (in my place, to represent ME and act on my behalf) 'HE" will teach you all things, etc.

Living New Testament. John 14: 26; But when 'THE' Father sends the Comforter to represent me--- and by the Comforter I mean the Holy Spirit-- -'HE' will teach you much, etc.

RSV, John 14: 26; But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom 'THE' Father will send in my name, 'HE' will teach you all things etc.

GNB, John 14: 16-17; "And I will pray 'THE' Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that 'HE' may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth 'HIM' not, neither knoweth 'HIM' but ye know 'HIM'; for 'HE' dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The Full Life Study Bible. John 14: 16-17; "And I will pray 'THE' Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that 'HE' may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth 'HIM' not, neither knoweth 'HIM' but ye know 'HIM'; for 'HE' dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

FireSide. New American Bible. John 14: 26; The Advocate, the Holy Spirit that 'THE father shall send in my name---'HE' will teach you everything, etc.

Just for starters mate, just for starters.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:03 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Motherly is a feeling that the Holy Spirit can have, that's all. Gentle and helpful.
Mothers can be very Fatherly and firm.
Father's can be big, push-over, soft girls.

Old 02-29-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Motherly is a feeling that the Holy Spirit can have, that's all. Gentle and helpful.
Mothers can be very Fatherly and firm.
Father's can be big, push-over, soft girls.
But, Biblically, the Holy Spirit is referred to in masculine term. So those who don't believe God's word, can believe whatsoever they choose to believe, as long as they don't claim that their false belief is supported by the Holy Scriptures..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity