Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 06:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, THAT ONE will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
KJV John 14: 26; But the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost, who 'THE' Father will send in my name, 'HE' will teach you all things.

Amplified John 14: 26;But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby) the Holy Spirit whom 'THE' Father will send in my name (in my place, to represent ME and act on my behalf) 'HE" will teach you all things, etc.

Living New Testament. John 14: 26; But when 'THE' Father sends the Comforter to represent me--- and by the Comforter I mean the Holy Spirit-- -'HE' will teach you much, etc.

RSV, John 14: 26; But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom 'THE' Father will send in my name, 'HE' will teach you all things etc.

GNB, John 14: 16-17; "And I will pray 'THE' Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that 'HE' may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth 'HIM' not, neither knoweth 'HIM' but ye know 'HIM'; for 'HE' dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The Full Life Study Bible. John 14: 16-17; "And I will pray 'THE' Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that 'HE' may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth 'HIM' not, neither knoweth 'HIM' but ye know 'HIM'; for 'HE' dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

FireSide. New American Bible. John 14: 26; The Advocate, the Holy Spirit that 'THE father shall send in my name---'HE' will teach you everything, etc.

Just for starters mate, just for starters.
Believe whatever translation you want, it doesn't change the fact that male dominance is a product of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 06:44 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,189,231 times
The Godhead ALL three male and equal.....ALL angels male......

Old 02-29-2020, 06:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,308,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
LOL.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:00 PM

19,196 posts, read 27,834,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniXcality View Post
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has an understanding that the Holy Spirit is Motherly? I often call Wisdom( the Holy Spirit and She is Faithful) my Mother, and I think that there is scriptural support for this idea in proverbs 8, of course many will say that it is only poetic language, but to be honest I think we do have a Mother and Father in Heaven and Son (One Spirit) and that women have been surpressed and unrepresented in this world, and I firmly believe that is because of a deception caused by the evil one! Anyway I'll keep this thread short, looking foward to what you all have to say, take care God bless

Well, god of Christians is god of Jews, and in Judaic tradition god is both, male and female.
And this is right, as man can't create a woman, and woman can't create a man, due to their natures being so different.
To be able to create both, godhead has to be of both.
It is simple basic logic.

That someone, back in time, translated texts with He as word for god, is understood, considering, how male chauvinist was society then and for centuries to come. Woman was accessory, nothing else, it would have been unthought of for god to be a female or, even have attributes of both.

That's of course, if you want to believe in Trinity.

Speaking of which. there is thread floating in Christian forum, about God;s limitations.
Well, there you are.
HE can't bear a child. That is one limitation obvious. This is why a proxy had to be used.

Same motif was used in this movie:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314063/
when ancient god has to use human body as proxy, to inseminate a female.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
An opinion based on a male dominant religion, which doesn't make it the truth.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:40 PM

9 posts, read 3,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Well, god of Christians is god of Jews, and in Judaic tradition god is both, male and female.
And this is right, as man can't create a woman, and woman can't create a man, due to their natures being so different.
To be able to create both, godhead has to be of both.
It is simple basic logic.

That someone, back in time, translated texts with He as word for god, is understood, considering, how male chauvinist was society then and for centuries to come. Woman was accessory, nothing else, it would have been unthought of for god to be a female or, even have attributes of both.

That's of course, if you want to believe in Trinity.

Speaking of which. there is thread floating in Christian forum, about God;s limitations.
Well, there you are.
HE can't bear a child. That is one limitation obvious. This is why a proxy had to be used.

Same motif was used in this movie:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0314063/
when ancient god has to use human body as proxy, to inseminate a female.

I completely understand and agree with most of what you're saying, the thing about the Lord Jesus is that I know it's true, I know it's true not because of a belief or a faith, but because I have been witness to and apart of something very extradoniary and left with a gift that can also serve as a curse unfortunetly, leaving many questions...

However the birth of Jesus Christ is not absurd or a limitation of God to me, because I remember being with God prior to birth, I know what God looks like the Spirit of God I could draw, and God is so very beautiful, and all loving, containing qualities of both the masculine and the feminine in a childlike face with dimples, and from God's Spirit a soft (not blinding) light glows, and I remember being shown everything that was going to happen in my future life to come, and planning this with God, knowing there would be intense struggle and pain lonliness and rejection, and being given the choice to come here, it's ironic and funny and also slightly sad that my very name/s given to me from my mom speak of my preexistence memory, my name is "Jarod Anthony Thomas" and those names have meanings in various languages, and my translates to, " the highly praise worthy, twin, that descended" .. It's very strange stuff, and I am not telling you this for some kind of attempt to bring glory to myself, in fact I am telling you this because, if this is the birth that I had, without a doubt the Lord Jesus had an even more extraordinary birth, and it is written," only he that descended, can ascend into Heaven" and so there's a lot of questions I have within myself and many battles that are unbelievable, but I say all that to say thank God that the Lord Jesus came and descended and suffered in humiliation and pain, and rose again from His death and ascended in love honor and glory!

I understand if anyone doesn't believe me, but I am sincere and I am telling you the truth of what I have witnessed, God bless, and thank you kindly for your response, and your love and honor for the feminine is beautiful and don't ever let anyone ever tell you that you're wrong, or make you doubt yourself, because you're not wrong, and one day everyone will see plainly, not in shame but in a wonderous celebration, we will not dance out of compulsion and to the behest of a dictator, but we will dance with the One that loves us and the One that We love, blessed be the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior forever and ever, amen and amen!

Old 02-29-2020, 07:48 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,606,131 times
God creating man in his own image is male and female. All humanity, all flesh are Eve, the seed of Eve. Adam is a male spirit inside all of the seed of Eve.

A marriage of flesh and spirirt, Eve and Adam.

The garden is a single person with the 3 in the garden, body, soul and spirit.

The water, the blood and the spirit, 1 John 5.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God creating man in his own image is male and female.
Created he/she, them.

Old 03-01-2020, 11:12 AM

19,196 posts, read 27,834,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
God creating man in his own image is male and female. .

Exactly.
if image responds to its original, and images are male and female, then original is also male and female.
It is that simple.
I'd say, more proper will be to speak of Father, Mother and Son.

As, that is true simply by virtue of being present in reality. Anything else, that is not observed, is SPECULATION. And speculations can go far far ways. Imagination has no bridle.
But no one is going to change centuries of "HE" god, redo all the paintings and whatever else male dominance created.
I like Hindu pictures of their gods in this respect. In many of them, "god" is hard to determine gender, looks both masculine and feminine, as so it should be.

OP, I have learned to not judge anyone's beliefs. It all happens in very mysterious ways and, at certain stage of progression, sanity leaves person, as person starts losing grasp on old reality while, transitioning into new one. In ancient Hindu monasteries, a madman was a requirement to have, so that monks could look into eyes of one, that is not in this world anymore. Many famous mahatmas would have been considered insane by our "cultured" standards.

By no means, am I saying you are insane. I am only saying - you might be listening to a different drum and who will others be to judge? As far as that drum uplifts you, it is good.

Old 03-02-2020, 01:56 AM

3,061 posts, read 925,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Created he/she, them.
Men and women have within them Male and female genes. Men are male and female, women are male and female, a woman with excessive amounts of testosterone, will exhibit male traits, men with low amounts of testosterone may exhibit female tendencies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity