Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2020, 03:06 PM

9 posts, read 3,464 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has an understanding that the Holy Spirit is Motherly? I often call Wisdom( the Holy Spirit and She is Faithful) my Mother, and I think that there is scriptural support for this idea in proverbs 8, of course many will say that it is only poetic language, but to be honest I think we do have a Mother and Father in Heaven and Son (One Spirit) and that women have been surpressed and unrepresented in this world, and I firmly believe that is because of a deception caused by the evil one! Anyway I'll keep this thread short, looking foward to what you all have to say, take care God bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 03:31 PM

9,704 posts, read 10,080,441 times
To know Holy Spirit on a daily level people can see there is No sexual identity on the character of Holy Spirit. .... Still, there is the virgin who some believe is the help mate for Holy Spirit for faith in Jesus Christ, Where both Holy Spirit and the virgin are to be venerated and never glorified

Old 02-28-2020, 03:33 PM

202 posts, read 312,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniXcality View Post
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has an understanding that the Holy Spirit is Motherly? I often call Wisdom( the Holy Spirit and She is Faithful) my Mother, and I think that there is scriptural support for this idea in proverbs 8, of course many will say that it is only poetic language, but to be honest I think we do have a Mother and Father in Heaven and Son (One Spirit) and that women have been surpressed and unrepresented in this world, and I firmly believe that is because of a deception caused by the evil one! Anyway I'll keep this thread short, looking foward to what you all have to say, take care God bless
Spirit has no gender, but God chooses to use the male gender.

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. Romans 8:26

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you." John 14:15-17

If women have been suppressed and unrepresented in this world (and of course, they have) people did that, not God. He values women and used them often in many ways throughout Scripture.

Scripture doesn't support a "mother" figure.

God bless you, too

Old 02-28-2020, 03:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,476,059 times
The Story of Osiris, Isis and Horus?

Old 02-28-2020, 06:26 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,373,276 times
Quote:
Well, we have a Father and a Son.....isn't a mother usually involved in the process? Plus, Adam and Eve were created in the image of God, both of them.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,308,897 times
One of the things Catholics got right was elevating Mary into a being worthy of honour. The Protestants made a huge mistake by bumping her down to a nondescript baby-factory.

Sensible religions, like those of indigenous people worldwide, honour and respect the power of creation and wisdom represented by the female.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:40 PM

23,294 posts, read 10,606,131 times
All flesh if female, that is the point, all spirit is male, it is a male spirit inside a temple, a spirit inside a tent.

A marrige of flesh and spirit. The temple was literally designed from the human anatomy of a virgin and the priesthood set up to represent a male inside that virgin which tries once a year to get the temple pregnant.

When that wall of separation was ripped from top to bottum, it was showing a consumation of the veil of separation inside a virgin was ripped, Jesus planted in the Earth to become the earths first born son of many sons to follow into a new kingdom.

Sons literally born of the Earth whose body, soul and spirits have become one with the elements of this earth, and to do so would be complete liberty, you could be anyone, anywhere, you could just think of a destination and be there, walk across waters or fly, nothing would be impossible in my opinion.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:08 PM

3,061 posts, read 925,284 times
Quote:
She was the first of all creation
With her God formed the world
He named the woman wisdom
And in her arms I now am furled
She sings her songs of mystery
With words that tease the mind
Suggestive of some ecstasy
Erotic, yet divine.
She fiddles on my heart strings
And with her Magic bow
Sweet tunes contrived in heaven
From my heart and mind now flow
The loquacious liquid from her lips
Expands my feeble mind
With each and every precious kiss
I reel as if from wine
And babble incoherent words
Unable to express
The wonders I envision
When our lips are tightly pressed……. The Anointed

Old 02-28-2020, 08:34 PM

3,061 posts, read 925,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Story of Osiris, Isis and Horus?
Zeus is called the Father of God's and men. The Most High and powerful among the immortals, whom all others obey.

According to the ancient cultures, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, A universe that exists in the two states of visible matter and invisible energy=anti-matter.

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The six days of creation in Genesis 2: 4; are referred to as the six generations of the universe.

Zeus was the sixth child (The Spiritual Godhead born from the body of the most high that had developed in the sixth universal body) who was born to Time (Kronos) and Space (Rhea) and of the six children born to and space, Zeus was the only child that wasn’t swallowed by Time immediately after they were born.

Demeter was the sister wife of Zeus and mother of Dionysus [The first born son of Zeus and the successor to the throne of the spiritual godhead to the human race] whose body was torn to pieces by the Titans, then boiled in water before being roasted in fire; [The baptism of water, followed by the baptism of fire]

And like Zeus, Osiris was born of the union of Space (Mut) and Time (Seb) and created from Nut (The primeval elements in space or in Mut) by Amen (the soul, which is the activating and creative force of the universe, or the Logos). And it was by a cunning devise of Metis ‘which is divine wisdom,’ that Cronos (Time) was forced to bring up the five children or the previous five universal bodies that he had swallowed before they had developed an intellectual species within them.

Those children who were swallowed by time, were the product of the first five creative days or periods of universal activity. Osiris like Adam was the first man to be mummified and Osiris is the god of the first of the five new made days. Budge—Book of the Dead, p. 627, “O Osiris, son of Nut (Primeval matter), I have given unto thee the Sovereignty of thy father Seb (Time), and the goddess Mut (Space), thy mother, (Lord of Space and Time) who gave birth to the gods, brought you forth as the first born of five gods, and created thy beauties and fashioned thy members.”

Isis was the most popular goddess from the time of Psamtik 1 (663-610 B.C) till the coming of Christianity, her cult appealed to the Greeks and Romans alike and when Egypt came under Roman rule, her cult spread through much of Europe. By the time of Jesus, the chief center of her worship was in Rome. Isis is commonly depicted with Horus the child (Harpocrates) on her lap, and today, it is impossible to distinguish between the late pagan and early Christian figures of the mother and child, it’s almost as though the old Pagan Queen was stripped of her old garments and clothed with the new covering of Christianity.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:39 PM

9 posts, read 3,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
She was the first of all creation
With her God formed the world
He named the woman wisdom
And in her arms I now am furled
She sings her songs of mystery
With words that tease the mind
Suggestive of some ecstasy
Erotic, yet divine.
She fiddles on my heart strings
And with her Magic bow
Sweet tunes contrived in heaven
From my heart and mind now flow
The loquacious liquid from her lips
Expands my feeble mind
With each and every precious kiss
I reel as if from wine
And babble incoherent words
Unable to express
The wonders I envision
When our lips are tightly pressed……. The Anointed
Wow, wonderful beautiful poem, I might of taken this to the extreme, and I could easily be judged for this, but I don't care, I'm just going to say it plainly. I became aware of her presence long ago, she was always with me and rather symbolically she gowns red hair, she's beautiful, graceful, loving, sweet, playful and kind, she loves the Lord Jesus and has brought me to Him never away from Him, when I have read the Bible she's been at my side, turning pages in the wind, exposing spiritual truth rejoicing with me in love. Once, I didn't understand what was happening to me I thought I was feeling the feelings for a distant lover on earth, and like the pslam of Solomon I went out into the streets looking for her, and I was actually beat up while doing so..

I asked a man (clearly I had lost my mind, but not from confusion brought from her, it was my own doing) I asked if he had seen a certain woman, and exclaimed I was looking for someone, and he misinterpreted me thinking I was asking for a prostitue ( I was homeless at the time) and he punched me once, boom, I stepped back I didn't swing, and he punched me again, and I stepped back and didn't swing, then he kicked me in my chest and a slid to a knee, and I said," I love you" and I got up and walked away..

I've seen her with my own eyes once another time I set out looking for her, I should of known then that she was not in the flesh, I was set out to walk across the desert, and I came upon a random matress under the shade of a tree, and I saw her as a spirit an apparition infront of me, she was laying on her stomach reading a book with her legs crossed behind her, she looked up from the book and she smiled at me, and she got up from the matress skipping away, motioning for me to lay down, she didn't want me harmed, but I could not comprehend what was happening to me.

There are many more stories, who is she ? Is she me? Am I her? Surely we are God's children and together we meet in love, what is the meaning of all of this? The questions fill my mind, but it is a peaceful mystery, at least inside. I've wrote poetry (with) and to her, infact taking on the form of the Song of Solomon, and I will share with you, thanks for sharing that with me

The song of Lily Flower and her King

(Lily flower) - beloved shepherd, king of my heart ! O that you were striped, piercing through my soul! The watchmen have bruised you! Exposing your brilliance ! Out of your eyes gleans the love that Shepherds my heart, I have watched you from afar, and I have seen your heart, and it is better than that of great noble princes.

(us)- come keeper of my heart, our vineyard is ripe, let us indulge the fruits of our garden

(Lily flower) early grapes blossoms are the nectar of our wines.

(Lily flowers King) drink of my cup, all that is mine is yours, I delight in your pleasure.

( Lily flower) my breasts awaken, pleasing my loves desire, I am our Shepherdess.

(Lily flowers King) beautiful Lilly flower, my bride

(Lily flower) yes,my king? I sense your stirring, my heart follows in procession, anticipating our every move.

(us) come closer, I long for your embrace, like a gazelle leaping high along the meadow, I imagine our Holy union, our marriage beneath the heavens, I will wear on my arm the seal of our love.*

(Lily flowers king) [imagining her saying] sow my field, move within me, let us sing our union song "the wedding of the halves" uniting into one, beloved let our breathe flow,and our heart's tempo join, let us join with the infinite, the union of the Divine masculine and feminine! Let us promise God upon the foundations of the earth our love ! Can you hear the delight? the land cries out! raising the banner of our love! and how sweet are the melodies of the turtle doves!

(Lily flower) [ softly steps in to remind her king ] My King! the youth of my love, speak subtly, the time is near look to the horizon, I adjure you my king, to remind you.. even as my passion burns! that erotic desires in haste risk loving relationships. When the time is right, we will lock away our treasure and share only between us.*

( Lily flowers king ) My love! what have I done? Never will I risk our precious love, I will always protect it. Pardon my desires- yearning, haste!, wisdom flows from your lips, and gladdens my heart! Your wisdom of love is a gift in union, I will treasure taking heed to your voice and insight! Then only then , will we eat from our appletree, there we will express our love, in the secret gardens , under our appletree, we will lie, sharing our sweetest treasure, having weathered many joyful winter's past, we've yearned, anxiously,waiting our union- The fullness of our apple tree!

Wisdom is good, the labor of our love rests upon our hands , the sun and the moon govern the times and the seasons, in which we labor. The sunrise awakens the dew of the morning, a new experience arises: the morning light unveils. All has a time of fullness, so too does our love!. Lily flower , friend of my dreams ,I will build our castle around your youth, and there we shall remain securely, the eternal sting of death will not overcome our love, there is only one part immeasurable between us, where the throne of God sits! pouring out blessing and guidance, God's grace, and our love, shall overcome death, forever we will grow!. I am becoming long stroked, well refinded and my eyes heavy, I will not quentch our spirit, in my dreams I will find you, together let us rest, I await the illuminating sun rise of the morning dew. Goodnight Lily flower I love you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity