Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 01:51 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times

Advertisements

Therefore those who know the truth of God's word but choose not to side themselves with it, will die. Doesnt that put you in the same boat as you would like to put me?

The paragraph you piointed out states this very clearly as well. THe entire book was meant to bring people to an accurate knowlege of God (did you even read the chapter or just search out points to support you ideas?) . Once a person does this, and accept it into their heart...they OWE it to God to do his will and side themselves with his organization. If they don't feel Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth after studying the bible with them-they do not become one. However, since we feel we have found the truth-of course we are going to encourage those who are so inclined to dedicate their lives to God and be baptised as a Jehovah's Witness. It seems the safest place to be. Once a person learns what God requires, he cannot 'straddle the fence', so to speak and still attain salvation. All Christians believe this, do they not?

Now what if someone refuses to study with Jehovah's Witnesses because of something they've heard that they didnt like? What if they don't know anything about the bible or even care to involve themselves with Christianity because of all the mayhem it has been responsible for over the years? What if a person is part of Fundamental Christianity and earnestly feels that they are doing God's will? They are satisfied and have no problems w/ the doctrine their church teaches because they truly feel it is backed up by the bible. They are living their lives in harmony with Christ's teachings, attending Church with their families, and perfectly certain that this is all that God' requires.

How could we ever say those people are not deserving of life? We do not have that right and the quotes I provided you earlier show that as well.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:20 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,203 times
On page 255 of that book it says "You must be a part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life"

That is quite different than what you stated earlier.

This book does give the appearance that only JW's will receive salvation

Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
On page 255 of that book it says "You must be a part of Jehovah's organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life"

That is quite different than what you stated earlier.

This book does give the appearance that only JW's will receive salvation
Then you haven't read it to completion. Taken out of context, of course it does. But when you look at the entire chapter you realize:

That is bible truth. Once, you learn the truth about Christ-you are expected to be baptized and become a part of the Christian congregation. Correct? We believe we are the Christian Congregation-Jehovah's organization here on earth. So how could we encourage people to get baptized into any other religion? .

But there are people in the organization who THEMSELVES are not doing God's will. Why should those people receive everlasting life, just because they are hiding under the 'umbrella' of the name of Jehovah's Witness? They will not. Along the same lines, what about people in other parts of the world, other relgions, that earnestly feel they are doing right and doing the best to do His will? Should those people not receive life? It is not for us to say.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:48 PM

I don't have to read it to completion to know that what it says is different than what you are saying. The book says that you must be a part of Jehovah's organization to receive everlsting life. What part of "must" don't you understand?

You make it sound like JW's aren't the only people who will be saved, but this book (which represents the teaching of your religion) says otherwise.

Like I said earlier, if you hold a different opinion than your religion, then fine. I don't always agree with everything that my religion does, but I will at least truthfully acknowledge what my church's official teachings are.

Whenever mine and my church's opinion differs, I always let people know that it is my opinion only, and not the views of the church I represent.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I don't have to read it to completion to know that what it says is different than what you are saying. The book says that you must be a part of Jehovah's organization to receive everlsting life. What part of "must" don't you understand? You make it sound like JW's aren't the only people who will be saved, but this book (which rperesents the teaching of your religion) says otherwise.

Like I said earlier, if you hold a different opinion than your religion, then fine. I don't always agree with everything that my religion does, but I will at least truthfully acknowledge what my churches official teachings are.

Whenever mine and my churches opinion differs, I always let people know that it is my opinion only, and not the views of the church I represent.

So you deny that once a person learns the truth of God's word they should take sides with his organization? I thought we agreed on that. The Ethiopian Eunuch did. That's why he was baptized.

It seems to me that your complaint is not with the statement itself but more that you don't agree that Jehovah's Witnesses are the Christian Congregation. You told me that you feel the Baptist relgion is where you belong. That is your right.

But you still haven't shown me where it says that Jehovah's Witnesses are the ONLY ones that will survive Armageddon. The statement you are taking out of context is regarding those who have attained an accurate knowledge of the bible. John 17:3. Where does it say that those who have not had an opportunity to learn that truth or even build a relationship with God will not survive? Instead, doesnt the bible say that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:59 PM

That one little word "must"

It doesnt say you can be a Baptist, or a Methodist, or a Catholic and still be saved, it says you must be part of Jehovah's organization.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:02 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
1. I believe in all three of these things.

2.It is imossible for anyone to be two things to completion. God sent his son to earth to be born in human form and die for our sins.

3. He was hung upon a stake (staur'os) like a common criminal, died, and then put into a tomb...not buried.

4.He rose from the dead, yes. On the third day.

5. Absolutely.

6. Absolutely, one hundred percent.

7. Belief in the Christian Congregation as the body of Christ. Yes.

So why again am I not Christian? Even according to YOUR definition?

It would come down to the belief that Jesus Christ is a being created by the Father (Archangel Michael) as opposed to being the coeternal son of the Father, unless I'm mistaken about the JW belief here.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
So you deny that once a person learns the truth of God's word they should take sides with his organization? I thought we agreed on that.
Actually I like I said earlier, I don't believe God has any particular organization on this earth. He has the body of Christ though.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
That one little word "must"

It doesnt say you can be a Baptist, or a Methodist, or a Catholic and still be saved, it says you must be part of Jehovah's organization.

I thought you said that you were certain your religion DID honor and obey God? If so, why does it bother you that I feel my religion is the right one?

I personally don't feel that any of the churches of Fundamental Christianity are honoring God or obeying his laws. However, it's interesting to note that this sentence is also in the book:

Jehovah God will be the Judge, and he will remove any who willfully refuse to obey his righteous laws. 1 Cor 6:9,10

The key word there is 'willfully'. Those who dont know God's laws or have an opportunity to learn what he requires will obviously survive Armagdeddon along with those who take sides with him. Therefore, in answer t your original accusation-No, Jehovah's Witnesses do not feel they are the only ones who will make it thru Armageddon and be given a chance to take sides with God.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Actually I like I said earlier, I don't believe God has any particular organization on this earth. He has the body of Christ though.
Then that is his organization!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity