Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 07:50 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I Sent You a Rowboat

A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbor came by in a canoe and said, "The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we'll paddle to safety." "No thanks" replied the religious man. "I’ve prayed to God, and I’m sure he will save me."

A short time later the police came by in a boat. "The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll take you to safety." "No thanks" replied the religious man. "I've prayed to God, and I'm sure he will save me."

A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. "The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we'll fly you to safety." "No thanks" replied the religious man. "I've prayed to God, and I'm sure he will save me."

All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived in heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God's throne room he said, "LORD, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, and I trusted you to save me from that flood." "Yes you did" replied the LORD. "And I sent you a canoe, a boat, and a helicopter. But you never got in."

And, as usual, you didn't/couldn't hear what I said. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 11:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, actually, those that hear Him don't say anything. They wait upon HIM to speak the problem AND the solution, whatever it may be. That's part of the misunderstanding about the function of tongues. We are not speaking to talk, we are speaking to HEAR (with the hearing ear) what the Spirit is saying, and THAT is what we speak and nothing more or less. Things go so much better when you lean on the Spirit for your understanding, your healing, your deliverance, ect. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I Sent You a Rowboat

A very religious man was once caught in rising floodwaters. He climbed onto the roof of his house and trusted God to rescue him. A neighbor came by in a canoe and said, "The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we'll paddle to safety." "No thanks" replied the religious man. "I’ve prayed to God, and I’m sure he will save me."

A short time later the police came by in a boat. "The waters will soon be above your house. Hop in and we’ll take you to safety." "No thanks" replied the religious man. "I've prayed to God, and I'm sure he will save me."

A little time later a rescue services helicopter hovered overhead, let down a rope ladder and said. "The waters will soon be above your house. Climb the ladder and we'll fly you to safety." "No thanks" replied the religious man. "I've prayed to God, and I'm sure he will save me."

All this time the floodwaters continued to rise, until they reached above the roof and the religious man drowned. When he arrived in heaven he demanded an audience with God. Ushered into God's throne room he said, "LORD, why am I here in heaven? I prayed for you to save me, and I trusted you to save me from that flood." "Yes you did" replied the LORD. "And I sent you a canoe, a boat, and a helicopter. But you never got in."
Quote:
And, as usual, you didn't/couldn't hear what I said. Peace
I understand what imperative is, especially if you're told to get up; and walk in the Spirit.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
And just for the record ...I don't do a whole lot of wishful thinking.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 421 times
You are not crazy, and you do not need some medical doctor either . To think that true Christians don’t get atacked is truly the opposite of reality. The closer you are to God the harder the devil fights. Rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ , be specific when you pray to God about it attacking you. Don’t fear it , evil feeds off fear , believe that it cannot hurt you. Study the word and how he says to battle evil forces! You will be okay I will pray for you ! So many people say they believe in God yet dismiss the fact that even he speaks of evil , but he is stronger. Please do not take meds there isn’t anything wrong with you, also a defect of society to think Psychotropics will fix everything!

Old 07-18-2018, 09:30 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceispertinent View Post
You are not crazy, and you do not need some medical doctor either . To think that true Christians don’t get atacked is truly the opposite of reality. The closer you are to God the harder the devil fights. Rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ , be specific when you pray to God about it attacking you. Don’t fear it , evil feeds off fear , believe that it cannot hurt you. Study the word and how he says to battle evil forces! You will be okay I will pray for you ! So many people say they believe in God yet dismiss the fact that even he speaks of evil , but he is stronger. Please do not take meds there isn’t anything wrong with you, also a defect of society to think Psychotropics will fix everything!

Amen.....

Old 07-18-2018, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceispertinent View Post
Quote:
Amen.....

Urging a mentally ill person NOT to seek medical attention is aiding and abetting Satan.*

*Using simple language that fundies understand.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:11 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
She was totally delivered back in 2009!!!----. this is I believe July 18th 2018!!!---

Old 07-18-2018, 06:51 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,651,220 times
This is silly.

Sage your house, completely.

Spread coarse salt around the perimeters of your property.

Clean and bless everything.

Take an Epsom salts bath, and don't call anyone in the morning.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
She was totally delivered back in 2009!!!----. this is I believe July 18th 2018!!!---
I have never lived in a haunted house, but I have met people who are tormented and not in control of their thoughts and actions. Of course evil is real and evil must have a body to manifest itself into the world, just as God must have a body to manifest his goodness into the world. I don't like to think about how much evil can come into the world, but I think it depends on how much evil people allow to enter their minds and hearts.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.Proverbs 4:23

Old 07-19-2018, 09:15 AM

88 posts, read 59,335 times
Hi Acquanetta, the original poster,

I do have experience, being a junior investigator for the Ghost Club in 1977 when i investigated the "Enfield Poltergeist", link below:-

www.city-data.com/forum/unexplained-mysteries-paranormal/2932809-footsteps-lankester-merrin-lol.html

I know you seemed scared of trying anything yourself, but sage burning could help the situation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity