Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times

Advertisements

I got pinched,,, did not want to get out of bed as the ex was drinking with friends in the living room and I was NOT going out there looking for a fight,,, I stayed in my bed- then I was pinched in the elbow I stood straight up saw a HUGE tall figure by my bed and I ran into the living room full of smoke- I turned off the stove with burning food and aired the place -ex dead sleep drunk on the couch and after all that I looked at myslef in the bathroom mirror at the red swollen elbow tying to figure what happend for hours! There has been more quiet voices -thoughts dropped into my spirit,,, but- this one was one for my journals-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,694 times
Default Heard audible voice call my name - woke me up.

I have only heard an audible voice once (April 23, 2007) but it was a "real voice" just as though someone was beside my bed calling my name, but when I woke up saying,"huh - what?", there was nobody there. I live alone. It was only 5:30am.... but was sure someone from had entered my apartment, however nobody was there and my door was still locked. This puzzled me greatly, however in my spirit, I knew I'd heard a genuine voice - not something in my head.
Several things happened during that time period, making me feel that I was being called by God or by some angel as I'd read in the bible growing up - but I still didn't know why I was being called. Was God giving me a message for myself or was I being asked to help someone else? Dumbfounded, I busied myself helping others whenever I saw need in the weeks to come. It is now 2012 and only recently has it come to my understanding as I was watching a television program that quoted a scripture from the bible where it says, “He calls His own sheep by name” (John 10:3). “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! (Isaiah 43:1).
This has brought me such comfort for I felt confused by the divorce situation I found myself in since 1999 and wondered if I had done something wrong and was outside his will and no longer under his protection.... that possibly I was misunderstanding my christian walk. I believed at the time I found myself in that crisis, that God was on my side and I was taking a stand for the way God says we should live our lives. I was baptised as a baby and have always believed in God and gave my life to Jesus at 8 years old. I was brought up in a christian home and taught christian values and I didn't think God would ever turn his back on those he loved.... but I felt abandoned. My husband was backsliding and rejecting me and the ways of God - he was extremely unwilling to even listen to counsellors, doctors or anyone. Everyone was his enemy and everyone else was nuts.
In mid-January of 2007 my husband had unexpected bypass surgery for heart blockages on 3 valves. Later in early February 2007 he developed a serious infection and wore a bag that pumped antibiotics into his chest cavity until July 2007. It was during this time that I heard the audible voice in April 2007. A month later, (May 25, 2007) I took an elderly senior into a shoe store owned by a friend of my husband and I to buy her some shoes. While there, Don asked me how my husband was doing and I said, he was still seeing the doctor regularly according to family, but that my husband still refuses to talk to me after all these years. He's a lone ranger and doesn't need anyone's help apparently. Don said to me that just the week prior that he'd seen my husband at a club meeting and that my husband told him that during his experience he'd seen the devil twice.
Wow, that has so disturbed me to hear. From the onset of my husband's change in behaviors, I prayed for him constantly. He was raised in a catholic home, went to catholic school and I believed as Paul had talked to Timothy, "do not forget what your mother and your grandmother taught you." I so hoped my husband would turn back to God. To this day, I do not know where my husband stands with the Lord, however I still pray for his soul regularly. As christians, it is our duty to help those who are lost and living in sin, just as Jesus helped all of mankind, even though we were all sinners. God so wants to redeem his children.
I look back now and believe God was reassuring me that he has me in his hands and I can be confident and not doubt that he will ever leave me. I pray everyone should have such peace and contentment as I have since finding those two scriptures.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,665 times
I could use some opinions very badly. I was not raised in a religious environment. In fact, I've been rather agnostic my entire life. I've always said, "God, if you are real, please prove it, because I WANT to believe". I do want to believe, but since I wasn't raised believing, it's very difficult to start believing. I'm 36 years old, I've had a somewhat difficult life. And I have, up until now, never been able to start believing in God. on 12/09/12, I was nursing my 2-year-old boy. I was drifting in and out of sleep when a voice said to me as clear as day, "judgment day is coming". This was not prefaced by the voice saying anything such as, "this is the voice of God"...I just somehow knew it was. And let me clarify that this was not a maybe-I-was-dreaming and thought I heard it. This is a voice that jarred me straight up in bed and, for lack of a better phrase, put the fear of God in me. I cried all morning, I didn't know if this meant I was going to die - I still don't really know what it means. I'm hoping it just means that God is giving me the proof I've asked for and have needed to believe in Him and to invite Him into my life. I still tear up talking about the experience - I don't know if it's fear, awe, love, or knowing that I finally have what I need so I can start believing. What do I do from here? I've asked for Him to speak to me again and tell me what I'm supposed to do, but I haven't heard anything the past couple of days. Oh, I can't forget to mention a dream I had a couple of months ago - I didn't think anything about it until I spoke to my boyfriend who is very religious. In my dream, I was looking up at the sky...it was a beautiful day, bright blue sky with the bright white billowy clouds...it was warm & peaceful. Then, in the middle of this sky, a crack appeared, and this crack slowly got bigger and bigger over the days...in the middle of this gorgeous blue sky, you could see through the crack into outerspace, all of the stars - it was all very beautiful, but I was fearful at the same time. I remember this dream as if it were real, and I've thought about it often since. I don't know if this dream is meaningless or if perhaps it has some significance? Anyway, I've had fear that my experiences would sound crazy. I certainly feel a little crazy. I would so truly appreciate any thoughts, insights...anything to help me sort this out. Thank you for listening.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:22 AM

530 posts, read 902,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaterm1 View Post
I could use some opinions very badly. I was not raised in a religious environment. In fact, I've been rather agnostic my entire life. I've always said, "God, if you are real, please prove it, because I WANT to believe". I do want to believe, but since I wasn't raised believing, it's very difficult to start believing. I'm 36 years old, I've had a somewhat difficult life. And I have, up until now, never been able to start believing in God. on 12/09/12, I was nursing my 2-year-old boy. I was drifting in and out of sleep when a voice said to me as clear as day, "judgment day is coming". This was not prefaced by the voice saying anything such as, "this is the voice of God"...I just somehow knew it was. And let me clarify that this was not a maybe-I-was-dreaming and thought I heard it. This is a voice that jarred me straight up in bed and, for lack of a better phrase, put the fear of God in me. I cried all morning, I didn't know if this meant I was going to die - I still don't really know what it means. I'm hoping it just means that God is giving me the proof I've asked for and have needed to believe in Him and to invite Him into my life. I still tear up talking about the experience - I don't know if it's fear, awe, love, or knowing that I finally have what I need so I can start believing. What do I do from here? I've asked for Him to speak to me again and tell me what I'm supposed to do, but I haven't heard anything the past couple of days. Oh, I can't forget to mention a dream I had a couple of months ago - I didn't think anything about it until I spoke to my boyfriend who is very religious. In my dream, I was looking up at the sky...it was a beautiful day, bright blue sky with the bright white billowy clouds...it was warm & peaceful. Then, in the middle of this sky, a crack appeared, and this crack slowly got bigger and bigger over the days...in the middle of this gorgeous blue sky, you could see through the crack into outerspace, all of the stars - it was all very beautiful, but I was fearful at the same time. I remember this dream as if it were real, and I've thought about it often since. I don't know if this dream is meaningless or if perhaps it has some significance? Anyway, I've had fear that my experiences would sound crazy. I certainly feel a little crazy. I would so truly appreciate any thoughts, insights...anything to help me sort this out. Thank you for listening.
Confess with your Heart the Jesus Christ is Lord, That He was born of a virgin, died for our sins and rose again for the remission of our sins ----- Read Romans 10:9.

God is sooo good!

Old 12-23-2012, 03:23 PM

5 posts, read 13,374 times
When God speaks to you it is an amazing experience and for someone to think He would never speak to you on a personal level has missed it. We are His children and He is our advocate through Jesus. When you ask your biological father a question and he only talks about himself what edification would that bring. Thats why children run away from home in some cases they feel worthless and unloved. Reading buttterfly response is a wake up call in the sad reality of religion verses relationship. Gods word is Him talking to us and He is to be worshipped and glorified at the same time. That response puzzles me on what god people worship. Its an oxymoron for anyone to talk to someone only addressing himself . Gods very to the point and here is no confusion in Him. And to illustrate my point are these examples. How AM I doing? Am I hungry? Am I lonely ? I understand how I feel? I heard your question regarding your situation and you have many questions but my answer is this. How is my situation ? AM I lonely? Am I hungry? What kind of relationship would this be? Not a relationship at all and would go no where. Many are the thoughts of God towards His beloved saints they are far more numerous than the sands of the seas.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM

5 posts, read 13,374 times
In response to Inhistime2010
Very few hear His voice and the fact you did hear a voice and it convicted you is that the Holy spirit is getting your attention. However we must test the spirits to see if they are from God because we have an ever present adversary. What comes to mind is the scripture. It is appointed for man once to die and then judgement. I have just written a book about my walk with God and the amazing experiences I have had and what He has shown me. It is in the editing process as of now but thats another story. The problem with this world is that there is the religious spirit that has taken over and its always been here but Its getting worse much worse. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom that leads to your salvation. Their are churches and many that teach you just have to believe in God and you will be saved. Yah know just say this prayer and your all set. The demons believe and tremble in fear and terror. God is calling you to know Him and to get into a relationship with Him. It bothers me to hear that your boyfriend is religious but he cant seem to comfort your heart and Im glad I read your post. I have been away from the Lord and He is giving me so many personal messages and comforts me all day and night. Yes when I sleep. He loves you soooo much He cant keep His eyes off of you and wants you to know your loved and you were thought of before the foundations of the world and He thought of you when He went to the cross and in fact He is speaking to you right now. Come unto me and give me all your problems and concerns and doubts and fears and I will give you rest. I would love to answer all your questions and ii will pray that you invite jesus in your heart and ask Him to come in and reveal Himself to you and write your name in the lambs book of Life. Its a new beginning for you and I know you will receive this with Joy and power. I have heard His voice I have been caught by Angels and I have had battles with the enemy of our soul. But the most Important issue right now is that He knows you. On judgement day there will be many crying to Him Oh Lord have not I cast out devils and healed the sick and blah blah blah. His response to them was "I never Knew you depart from me "! Thats religious people who think they knew Him all their lives and were deceived. After you get alone with Him ask forgiveness for all your short comings even the stuff you dont know about and ask Him to save you and remember you and invite Him to know you. davidkarl7@yahoo.com Have a peaceful evening and know He is listening and He will rejoice and confirm to you in a very personal way for God is crazy in love with you !!!!!

Old 12-28-2012, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,593 times
I also Heard the audible voice of GOD. When He began to speak my body immediately fell to the floor in a prostrate position with my face to the ground. I could not move. I could not speak. All I could do was shed tears of joy and listen. My body trembled with every word that was spoken. His voice was so authoritative. Just his tone made my body tremble in reverence. He took different verses through out the bible to communicate to me. He ended his conversation the first time with " seek My face forever" and the second time He ended His conversation with " seek my Kingdom forever". I had often questioned the gift of speaking in tongues. Well after He was done speaking I could move again and I opened my mouth to give him praise and these words began to flow from my lips and I could not control my own mouth and tongue. Nor could I understand the words that were rolling from my lips. It went on for what seemed to be about 15 minutes non stop. My mouth got physically exhausted. The entire time my hands were lifted up toward the heavens. When I regained control of my tongue and let my hands down I looked at my hands and they were so red. It seemed as if I have touched something very, very hot and burned the palms of my hands. When I went to my mother to explain to her what had just happened, she saw my hands and freaked out. My mother wanted to take me to the hospital. She was skeptical about my story but something was clearly wrong with my hands.
My entire being changed on that day. My life did a three hundred and sixty degree turn that day. My understanding of GOD totally changed. The way I am at present all points back to that day GOD revealed Himself to me.
All lot things has happened between that time and present day. Now everyone that disbelieved my story then believe now because they have witnessed through out the years the power of the living GOD in my life. ALL PRAISE, GLORY AND HONOR I GIVE TO THE FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH. THE GREAT I AM. CREATOR OF ALL THINGS GREAT AND SMALL. TANGIBLE AND UNTANGIBLE.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,577 times
I have too. I was once so close to God, that when I read the bible, the words came alive to me, and i literally couldn't put it down. Before whenever I read the bible, I would read a verse over and over again, only to leave empty handed, not understanding anything I had just read. After God stepped into my life, miraculous things began to happen all around me. From small miracles to great miracles, I was truly in awe, and my encounter with Him changed my life. It opened the eyes of my heart and I received true wisdom and saved me from a trouble-filled lifestyle. 4 Years later (Now) although I still am changed and will forever be changed for the better, I have grown distant from Him and have a broken relationship, I kept asking God to please come back, and to fill my life with His love. A couple months ago, I was with a prayer group and I asked God why He left me, and why I couldn't experience Him as I used to, I sat in quietness after praying only to be discouraged more, feeling no relief, I suddenly heard an audible voice, saying, "I love you... I have never left you..." This was the most comforting voice I had ever heard in my life. I looked all around me in shock, trying to catch the person that whispered these words into my back right ear. Until I realized I was sitting on a couch with the back of this couch attached to the wall.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 PM

104 posts, read 104,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaterm1 View Post
In spite of the huge number of people who have said in this thread that they have distinctly heard disembodied voices, its not likely that you will get much help from them. This is because the orthodox Churches have fought a successful battle to convince folks that the voices you can hear are demonic, and that the real voice of God has been silent these last 2000 years, because for sure He has been heard and the Bible records that.

The truth of the matter is that all spirit can talk across the void, and it is by a study of the message contents that you can tell the origin. When its non-judgmental, loving, supporting and useful, its either Father Himself, or one of those who do His Will. When its strident, critical or wants you to do something, and thus ignores your free will, you have a lesser being, and even possibly a very evil being. But not a devil, there are none of those.

Now some dreams are very meaningful, and these are very recognizable in a sort of high contrast way. Hard to explain, but if I described the the dozen I recall, you would get my drift. But the good news is that if you fail to understand a dream, it will either be repeated, or they will try again with a different approach. And yes, this kind of dream is imposed on you.

Now to what you heard. Its too short to make much of a call. There is no judgement day as the Christians teach, but on death you will judge yourself. So is this a premonition of death? I doubt it.

But, one thing you can be sure of. The moment you become a really serious seeker after Truth, and literally say to God: "I am listening, please help me" - then HE responds. Just pay attention.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:31 PM

104 posts, read 104,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andross View Post
"I love you... I have never left you..."
I would guess that was the authentic voice of Father. I can hear His voice too, and on this page you will find quite a number labelled "Father". His voice is VERY DISTINCTIVE. Keep listening, and practice quiet meditation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity