Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 02:20 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Thinker View Post
My experience was about two years ago. It was real, clear and very audible. It was in, of all places, in the bathroom. about 5:20 in the morning, not another person awake in the house, and a voice into my left ear said clearly and forcefully - "God". Just one word. It has haunted me, comforted me, but most of all, confounded me. What does it mean? Is there something I am to do? Was it his word of comfort? I find myself searching more for an answer as time passes.
First of all, which 'God/god' ? 2nd Corinthians calls Satan the god of this world of badness who transforms himself into an angel of light - 2nd Cor. 4 v 4; 11 v 14.

According to Jesus' teachings we are to find or seek God through prayer [Luke 11 v 13 B] and through the pages of Scripture [ John 17 vs 17,3 ] along with the help from others - Acts 8 vs 30-31

We are all to do as the people of Acts [ 17 v 11 ] and search or research Scriptures to see if what we are hearing or learning is really found in Scripture, what the Bible really teaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM

3 posts, read 4,543 times
I have no weak link in my faith, I'm just searching for an answer to the voice.<br>

Old 03-02-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr peeps View Post
One morning I had been awake for about 5 minutes but was still in bed when I heard the clear audible voice of God or an angel that said to me, ” just because it is your plan, does not mean that it is Gods plan.” At that time in my life I was separated from God. I still do not know what he was trying to tell me, but I am very certain that he has a plan for me. When things don't go my way in life and I have disappointments, I think about that voice and know that God wants me to go in another direction
We can ask ourselves what was Jesus' purpose ? More than a plan that can be detoured but a lasting purpose and goal.
Jesus did some healing and calmed the stormy sea, but his main focus was as he said at Luke [ 4 v 43 ] to proclaim the good news of God's kingdom. By way of extention Jesus gave all of his followers the same commission at Matthew [ 24 v 14 ]. So, wouldn't it seem, according to Scripture, Jesus wants all of us to go in the same direction as he did and teach what the Bible really teaches. God's kingdom according to Daniel [ 2 v 44 ] will bring Peace on Earth because all kingdoms or governments in opposition to God's kingdom government will be brought to ruin before Jesus, as king of God's kingdom, ushers in global 'Peace on Earth' among men of goodwill during Jesus coming 1000-year reign over Earth.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Thinker View Post
I have no weak link in my faith, I'm just searching for an answer to the voice.<br>
Jesus too had no weak link in his faith, and Jesus believed the answer to his Father's voice was found in the Hebrew OT Scriptures. Such as the conditions to be met at Zephaniah 2 v 3 to seek God, seek righteousness, seek meekness [ be humble and teachable ] and we would be hid in the day of God's anger.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:39 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Is anyone documenting all this so we can add it to the Bible?

Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,003 times
Yes. I have heard the Lord speak to me. I will give you 2 examples here. #1. Years ago when my life was being threatened by my ex BIL, I was asleep and was awakened by the most beautiful voice I ever heard. It said, you shall live and not die, and declare the works of the Lord. The next night, I went to a revival in.NYC. I did not know the speaker,.and was seated way back in the ballroom. He started the service, the Holy Spirit took over! He said word for word this, there is a woman here, your first name is Colleen, your last name begins with H, your house number is 460.....the Lord said, the blood of Jesus is running down your house. You shall live and not die, and declare the works of the Lord. Psalm 118:17 #2. I was in NJ, in the superstorm. I thought we were going to drown, I kept crying out to God. We lost everything, but in that, I heard this, He will keep His mind in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Him, because He cares for him. And He has. Everything is coming together! That is Isaiah 26:3. I have found He always confirms with scripture.

Last edited by Jrsygrl51; 03-02-2013 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: adding scripture

Old 03-02-2013, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,543 times
Such an experience leaves you thirsting for more. I appreciate all of your responses.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:27 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Is anyone documenting all this so we can add it to the Bible?
Sarcasm is a sad response to sincere witness . . . it is only less heinous than accusing the brethren. Those who believe that Christ abides with us (as Christians should) . . . tend to have more respect for instances when our brothers and sisters experience His manifestation in their minds (however it occurs). Christ is the Living Word of God . . . unlike the bible you revere, Vizio. I am saddened when people seem to live without the fullness of Spirit that knowing God within brings.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
3 times. instructions and not much drama simple stuff i needed to immediately do that saved my posterior. in a really bad spot all three times.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,222 times
Yes. I was pregnant with my fourth child. I had an accident and the health of the child was questioned. My husband said that if I thought the child would have special needs, it wouldn't be fair to the other children to continue the pregnancy and that I should have an abortion. In fact, he said, if I truly believed the baby was damaged and I had it anyway, he would take the other children away from me and I'd be on my own. I was traumatized. One afternoon I was laying on my bed, praying for guidance, and I suddenly felt a sense of peace come over me that was so profound that I had nothing in my life experience to compare it to. It was as though someone had dropped a warm blanket over me and surrounded me in safety and love. Then I heard a voice... The voice was both within me and outside me at the same time, because afterwards I repeated the words out loud and I heard them differently...only with my outer ear. The voice said simply, "The baby is a boy. The baby is okay." I cannot express how completely I believed that voice. All of my fear, anxiety, doubt, confusion, everything simply melted away. Six months later my son, Alex, was born. Perfectly normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity