Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:11 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

Really, what more can I say?

You could try "Lord show me if you are real and I will follow you" if you dare.

HK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Perhaps if you amended your title (and your overall demeanor) to project, "Don't hate me because I tell you MY truth." you would not receive such hostility. No one can deny your truth.

Asserting your truth as universal, however, you will always find resistance from those who know better than to believe any one human possesses all truth and wisdom.

Far too many enlightened masters throughout the world have proven that to be true without adhering to any books, including Christ Jesus.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Perhaps if you amended your title (and your overall demeanor) to project, "Don't hate me because I tell you MY truth." you would not receive such hostility. No one can deny your truth.

Asserting your truth as universal, however, you will always find resistance from those who know better than to believe any one human possesses all truth and wisdom.

Far too many enlightened masters throughout the world have proven that to be true without adhering to any books, including Christ Jesus.
Ah, the wonderful world of moral relativism.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:25 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Responses of this nature are precisely why certain sects of Christians generate so much perceived hatred.

Asserting that YOU do not know the definitive word on "morality" does not suggest moral relativism.

Likewise, asserting that YOU do not speak 'the truth' does not mean there is no truth. It just means that you do not yet know it.

Big difference. If you would consider the views of others, you might come to understand this rather than dismissing everyone who disagrees with you as "amoral relativists".

In the highest states of consciousness, there is no desire for sin as you understand it. Forcing individuals to truncate their path to that highest state only prevents them from ever losing any desire to sin. It's a matter of letting people off the leash to make up their own minds.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So you do not believe the Bible to be the absolute truth? Well there in lies your problem. Just as earlier where you said blah blah blah. Everything I shared was Biblical and you rejected it. Please reconsider what you are adhering to and perhaps the Holy Wars of the world would no longer happen if everyone would accept the truth whether they are of the faith or not.
I think we've been down this road before. You believe that compromise means everyone comes to your side, behaves they way you prefer, and believes exactly what you believe. That's extremism, in my opinion. And certainly not a part of any solution.

No, I don't believe the Bible is "absolute truth". Sorry, but reason, education, and common sense makes it obvious that there are flaws with the book you worship.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:21 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Actually the hostility just goes to show what kind of fruit the people are really bearing. Remember a good vine bears good fruit but a bad vine bears bad fruit. If someone is hostile then they are of the wrong fruit.

It is not my truth it is the Lords truth, if you chose to deny it then that is at your own peril and not mine. I did my job and shred with you.

Far too many enlightened masters were full of crap and I say that in the nicest way possible. The majority of them were to lazy to work and found if they could BS others they would do the work for them.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:27 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Actually the hostility just goes to show what kind of fruit the people are really bearing. Remember a good vine bears good fruit but a bad vine bears bad fruit. If someone is hostile then they are of the wrong fruit.

It is not my truth it is the Lords truth, if you chose to deny it then that is at your own peril and not mine. I did my job and shred with you.

Far too many enlightened masters were full of crap and I say that in the nicest way possible. The majority of them were to lazy to work and found if they could BS others they would do the work for them.
Hey, that sounds like churchianity today!!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I think we've been down this road before. You believe that compromise means everyone comes to your side, behaves they way you prefer, and believes exactly what you believe. That's extremism, in my opinion. And certainly not a part of any solution.
According to the Bible, the Word of God, we are all to emulate Christ, do our best to live as He did. So it is not a matter of believing my way but believing Christs way.

Quote:
No, I don't believe the Bible is "absolute truth". Sorry, but reason, education, and common sense makes it obvious that there are flaws with the book you worship.
Then you must be lacking in these areas if you believe like this. The truth is so simple and you have tried to make it so complex it has become a lie for you. Remember the Lord said He would use the foolish things of this world to confuse the wise, and you are asserting just how wise you believe yourself to be and making yourself a fool, and no I did not call you a fool, I merely pointed out your own selfrighteousness.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Hey, that sounds like churchianity today!!
I have got to agree with that one.LOL

Old 03-30-2009, 04:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
As Christians who emulate Christ we want the prostitutes, tax collectors, drunkards, and anyone who is caught in sin to come to a knowledge of the truth. Sometimes the way we go about it, may not seem that way but we come for the sinners and not the righteous.

Heated discussions occur around here when certain topics are brought up, but we must address sin. If something is a sin for one person it is actually a sin for all. I know this may sound harsh but it is true. Now do not get me wrong, it is not sin for those who are ignorant of the truth but for those whom the truth has been shared with, it is sin and no one can come to the truth without being willing to deny their sin.

This will not happen overnight or in an instant, we are all works in progress. Sin is such a habit in our lives we do it without any effort and without thinking about it, but the Holy Spirit is there to point these sins out and convict us so we may learn that we are no longer slaves to sin, but that we control whether we sin or not. Before I get too far we must also understand that as said before sin comes easy and there are sins we are not going to recognize until we grow in the Lord, while there are sins we dont want to recognize but still wish to grow in the Lord.

These sins we do not want to recognize are strongholds and they keep us from growing in the Lord no matter how much knowledge we may think we have, but dont worry if we are trully seeking the Lord and trully want Him to cleanse us then we will listen to the guidance of the Spirit and stop quenching the Spirit. We will welcome the conviction of the Spirit because it will open our eyes and show us more of the Lord as we grow. But holding onto one sin is like placing our hand between ourselves and the Lord or building a wall of seperation between ourselves and Him when we shoul dbe building a wall between ourselves and sin.

I know what many of you may be saying right now, oh crap not another legalistic rant. No it is not a legalistic rant it is an example of growth and seperation. Jesus said, If you love Me keep my commandments. We cannot do this on our own, it is impossible because our Spirits are not strong enough, we must rely on the Holy Spirit if we wish to bear good fruit and not false fruit. Good fruit is the working of the Spirit and false fruit is our feeble attempt at good fruit.

It is difficult to tell the difference between someone bearing false fruit and someone who is still feding on the milk of the word because they are still growing, questioning, failing but trying, they have not rejected the flesh and relied on the Spirit and sometimes they give up because someone with false fruit has convinced them they are good enough and God accepts them just as they are. This is a half truth because you are never good enough but God accepts you as you are and changes you as He sees fit, as you can handle the change. You can help in this change by choosing to study the word and pray and seek the Lord with all your heart soul and mind. All we can trully do is surrender to the Lord and He will guide to what He wants of us. Will we do this perfectly? No, but He knows our hearts and knows if we are sincere.

Don't Hate Me Because I Tell You The Truth is the title of this because when someone asks a Biblical question they will get a Biblical answer and what many do not understand is that much of what we ask is Biblical and we dont even realize it.
Quote:
You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Matthew, 7:5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity