Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 AM

2,212 posts, read 545,398 times

Advertisements

Psalm 23:4,5 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil: my cup runnet over.

Because God is with me, every adversity I face will unfold in victory as I maintain my faith in God! The battle I am in will soon become a meal to me, an experence that will nourish and build me up spiritually.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 PM

Default Taking the Kingdom By Faith

Matthew 11:12 -- "Until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."

The people Jesus ministered to were healed or delivered because of their faith. Faith may quietly press in, or it may cry out very loudly, but it is always violent in the spirit world. It grabs hold of an invisible reality and won't let go.

Taking the kingdom by faith is the violent act that is necessary to come into what God has made available.

Every believer has the power of heaven behind them. But it is our faith that connects what is available to the circumstances at hand. Faith takes what is available and makes it actual.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-15-2009, 03:40 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Awesome words and website!!
God Bless You

Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM

Default The Primary Focus of Prayer

Matthew 6:10 - "Your Kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

This is the primary focus for all prayer -- if it exists in heaven, it is to be "loosed" on earth. It's the praying Christian who "looses" heaven's expression here. When the believer prays according to the revealed will of God, faith is specific and focused. Faith grabs hold of that reality. Enduring faith doesn't let go.
Such an invasion causes the circumstances here to line up with heaven.

Matthew 16:19 -- "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-17-2009, 12:28 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
Matthew 16:19 -- "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."
The ramifications of this passage are not clearly understood, IMO . . . as with the one about "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." Our state of mind is producing a spiritual "symphony" that comprises our personal "soul song " throughout our lives. WE determine the content of it and its impact on our fate after rebirth as Spirit. "Garbage in Garbage out" seems a relevant concern.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 PM

Default Seeking God For a Revelation of Jesus

John 14:6,7 -- "Jesus sait unto him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had know me, ye should have know My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.'"

Unless we can be corrected, unless we are seeking God for an unfolding revelation of His Son, our so-called "faith" may be, in reality, just a lazy indifference, a decption concerning the things of God. Subconsciously, we may actually want a dead religion so we do not have to change. True faith is freighted with the power of God.

Timothy 3:5 -- "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
John 14:6,7 -- "Jesus sait unto him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had know me, ye should have know My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him.'"

Unless we can be corrected, unless we are seeking God for an unfolding revelation of His Son, our so-called "faith" may be, in reality, just a lazy indifference, a decption concerning the things of God. Subconsciously, we may actually want a dead religion so we do not have to change. True faith is freighted with the power of God.
Timothy 3:5 -- "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."
Quote:
Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Thank-you Albert Finch;
For these words
God Bless You

Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM

They are selfish people; they love themselves; they love silver; covetous -- that is
what the word in the original means, lovers of silver-they are proud, heady,
unthankful people; they receive favors and are not grateful for them. They have no
respect for the relations of life; as children, they are disobedient to their parents; as
wives, they are disobedient to their husbands; as those who have entered into a
covenant, they break the agreements that they have made with other people’; nothing
binding; no sort of an agreement that is made with them will hold. They consider not
that they are bound by obligations into which they enter with other men; they are
treacherous; they are blasphemers; they love pleasure more than they love God.
Now, those are some of the characteristics of these people.
He says that when that class prevail it makes perilous times, hazardous, dangerous
times; when those who claim to be Christians are only shells, empty shells;
when they
have the form of Godliness and deny its power; when they profess to be Christians

Lord have Mercy

Old 05-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Default Making The Unseen Tangible

Hebrews 11:3 -- "Through faith we understand that the worlds were fraomed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Observation

I need to think, believe and speak, not according to things which are seen -- my circumstances -- but according to things which are not seen -- the Word of God. As I am faithful to think, believe, and speak according to that which is not seen, God will make those things tangible in my life. He will make them "seen"!

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Default The Abiding Word

2 Corinthians 4:13 -- "We haveing the same spirit of faith, caccording as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak.

Observation

Sometimes I have to speak the Word to myself until I believe it -- then I can use that word to speak to my situation. The abiding word produces the spirit of faith within me; so I spend time with God and permit that Word to abide in me. I meditate in that Word and abide in Jesus. Then the spirit of faith is produced in me.

Albert Finch
www.thekeys2kingdom.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity