Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What happens to babies/young children when they die?
They go to heaven. 59 64.84%
They go to hell. 5 5.49%
They go somewhere else (explain). 7 7.69%
I don't know. 9 9.89%
Other (please explain). 11 12.09%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,345,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Good post, and something to consider.

Perhaps Heaven waits for us all AFTER the resurrection....and we're asleep until then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 08:41 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
I meant ALL in Christ, Birdy.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:43 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
I've already given you book and chapter showing where we have a perfect biblical example of David's son being where David was going(Heaven).

But whatever, I gave my OPINION which is based on SCRIPTURE and anyone reading my posts can do whatever they like with them.

I pray for the woman who loses her 2 month old child and turns to views such as yours for ministry and prayer in light of the tragedy. But again, all I can control and influence is what God sets before me...so that's where my focus has to be.
"I've already given you book and chapter showing where we have a perfect biblical example of David's son being where David was going"

I do not recall that you giving the example....what was it?

We know that faith comes from hearing, and hearing the word of God. Why then limit what power of God can do?

John the Baptist "leaped for joy" in the womb upon hearing the name of Jesus. Why? As Jesus said" "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Was John the Baptist righteous or a sinner?

I need to get to work..................later.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"I've already given you book and chapter showing where we have a perfect biblical example of David's son being where David was going"

I do not recall that you giving the example....what was it?

We know that faith comes from hearing, and hearing the word of God. Why then limit what power of God can do?

John the Baptist "leaped for joy" in the womb upon hearing the name of Jesus. Why? As Jesus said" "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Was John the Baptist righteous or a sinner?

I need to get to work..................later.
II Samuel 12, I believe.....last 6 or verses, IIRC.

It's also earlier in this thread.....within the first 20-40 posts, I think.

Have a good day, ts.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I meant ALL in Christ, Birdy.
So did I Alpha.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
So did I Alpha.
How =all in Christ is beyond me, but so is most of what I read in Universalism.

Anyway, my opinion has been stated and backed up with a biblical example. Nuff said for me.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:29 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
the soul of a baby goes into hell, the place of the dead. babies have no sin, therefore they rest in the haven known as paradise, in the world of the dead. their souls will remain their until the day of judgment, when they will rise from their graves to meet god the father and christ the son. the pronouncement of the great judgment will be made by the almighty and then they will ascend into the eternal heaven to be with god, christ, and all other saints. at that time, the bible tells us, we will be known as we were known on earth. the bible says that we will know those from whom we were separated on earth. we know from scripture that our physical bodies will not enter heaven; however, we know that some form of recognition is promised by god. no crying, no sorrow, no pain, and no sighing...a homecoming of sorts. although i don't pretend to know many of these mysteries, i suppose that we will appear in the same form that christ did on the resurrection and before his ascension. remember, mary magdalene saw the savior, recognized him, but knew he was in a different physical form than he was on the cross. i believe lazarus and peter or james also saw him after his resurrection but they did not recognize him. i cannot remember the exact details, but i can look it up in the gospel of luke or one of the other gospels. imo, most christians seem to think that our souls go directly to god in heaven, but the scriptures do not teach this. gehenna, tataroos, and hell; paradise. these are all key words and concepts to understand concerning this subject. i am an episcopalian
I should have made my question more clear. I don't believe we go directly to heaven either. I believe that happens after Jesus' return. I should have said, where do babies go after judgment.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I should have made my question more clear. I don't believe we go directly to heaven either. I believe that happens after Jesus' return. I should have said, where do babies go after judgment.
Do we get to vote again?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
How =all in Christ is beyond me, but so is most of what I read in Universalism.
One day Alpha, you may become aware that everything is beyond you. After walking in fellowship with Him for a few moons now, I know everything is beyond Birdbrain! Exceedingly abundantly above all!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:52 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times
Quote:
Do we get to vote again?
I'm so sorry!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity