Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 03:49 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
With all due respect, people who buy in to this *crap* are crazy. I respect your religious beliefs, but when you start calling the POTUS the "antichrist", it's time for the funny farm. Let me know how this waiting for the rapture thing works out for everyone...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 03:50 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Did he really say this?
Hi Robin......Love you!!! Joe Biden did, in fact state, that there would be an "internal crisis involving Obama, within 6 months OF HIS INAUGURATION." The 6 months are up July 20, 2009...and according to what I read when I went to the link that thrillobyte gave us, called, "Welcome To Rapture In The Air," the poster named Marjatta states, "In Islam, there are 72 "ordinary" tribes, and the tribe 73 is that special one, which brings forward "Mahdi," the great leader and "world savior!" Keep in mind Joe Biden's ominous message of a generated internal crisis, involving Obama, within 6 months of his inauguration. Obama makes a statement about the "72nd" day...He knows something we don't about what's coming down the pike - so it seems."
Marjatta goes on to say in her post...
"...David Flynn states, in his writing, '...according to 2 Thess. 2:6, It appears that the "appointed day" (that the anti-christ will be revealed), will be by the anti-christ himself.'
You may be able to call all of this in Revelation 13, and 2 Thess. 2:6, and the evidence that Joe Biden and the New World Order have, and the evidence that David Flynn has, and the 1260 days from July 11, 2009, to the Myan calendar date of Dec. 21, 2012, and the eclipses, and Obama's self-proclaimed day of July 11, 2009, all just coincidences. I am having real trouble calling it all coincidence."

So, I'm wondering if anyone can provide something stating what Obama had to say about this "72nd" day...?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:56 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
Welll.........................???????

I wonder if these people will shut up about these stupid prophecies if they are proven to be dead wrong today :-)
Are you kidding? They will give some reason as to what went wrong. They got their numbers screwed up etc. It`s been happening this way for at least the last 40 yrs. Then these followers who are believers in this stuff get on here and wonder why no one takes what they say seriously.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:10 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,204 times
wow, have you been to that website? It is amazing how sure these people are that they were going to be raptured BEFORE 7/11! But I`ve visited other rapture sites where the fervor was just as high at other times. I mean, these people truly talk as if the rapture was going to happen sometime in the last 3 weeks. But do you notice how noone ever sells all their earthly possessions and gives to the poor in the weeks leading up to the big day? It still wasn`t as big as the y2k thing though. That was incredible. Man, you think they would finally get it at some point.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
wow, have you been to that website? It is amazing how sure these people are that they were going to be raptured BEFORE 7/11! But I`ve visited other rapture sites where the fervor was just as high at other times. I mean, these people truly talk as if the rapture was going to happen sometime in the last 3 weeks. But do you notice how noone ever sells all their earthly possessions and gives to the poor in the weeks leading up to the big day? It still wasn`t as big as the y2k thing though. That was incredible. Man, you think they would finally get it at some point.
DID WE MISS IT YET?

Date setters never learn do they?

Old 07-11-2009, 05:38 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
DID WE MISS IT YET?

Date setters never learn do they?
Neither do those who are gullible enough to believe them.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:54 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,708 times
Of course nothing's going to happen on 7/11 because it has no prophetic significance; but only based on the end date of the Mayan calendar. What we have to watch for are events based on the Sabbath cycle and the Feasts. If the next Sabbath cycle of 2009-2016 is indeed Daniel's 70th Week, the AC must be revealed before the Fall Feasts in Oct. If nothing happens by Oct, we will have to watch for the next cycle 2016-2023.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:33 PM

396 posts, read 598,635 times
Well it's official, no Antichrist, unless he comes from California, or Hawaii.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:29 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hi Robin......Love you!!! Joe Biden did, in fact state, that there would be an "internal crisis involving Obama, within 6 months OF HIS INAUGURATION." The 6 months are up July 20, 2009...and according to what I read when I went to the link that thrillobyte gave us, called, "Welcome To Rapture In The Air," the poster named Marjatta states, "In Islam, there are 72 "ordinary" tribes, and the tribe 73 is that special one, which brings forward "Mahdi," the great leader and "world savior!" Keep in mind Joe Biden's ominous message of a generated internal crisis, involving Obama, within 6 months of his inauguration. Obama makes a statement about the "72nd" day...He knows something we don't about what's coming down the pike - so it seems."
Marjatta goes on to say in her post...
"...David Flynn states, in his writing, '...according to 2 Thess. 2:6, It appears that the "appointed day" (that the anti-christ will be revealed), will be by the anti-christ himself.'
You may be able to call all of this in Revelation 13, and 2 Thess. 2:6, and the evidence that Joe Biden and the New World Order have, and the evidence that David Flynn has, and the 1260 days from July 11, 2009, to the Myan calendar date of Dec. 21, 2012, and the eclipses, and Obama's self-proclaimed day of July 11, 2009, all just coincidences. I am having real trouble calling it all coincidence."

So, I'm wondering if anyone can provide something stating what Obama had to say about this "72nd" day...?
Thank you Verna, I love you too. You know this is all interesting especialy the July 20 date, thats my birthday.

I dont want to get anyones hope with date setting but I find this stuff interesting but I do not beleave Obama would be that predictable but something is still keeping me curious.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:13 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,462,266 times
Oh, I missed it! I forgot to pay attention to the news today as I was stuck watching a show on the evolution of sex. Interesting stuff.

So who made the big announcement? I had $1000 in Vegas that it wasn't an American. Odds were 47:1. Come on guys! Tell me who it was!! I bet it was George W. Bush wasn't it? I knew it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity