Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
If the scripture says that the wicked is being destroyed, then isn't that what it means?
If you would hold yourself to the same kind of analyzing pattern then your points may carry some significance. But otherwise I see you interpreting scripture to mean something other than what it specifically says only to hold my feet to the fire expecting me to read what it says.

If you doubt that, do you want me to prove it to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 01:02 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I believe the verse as it is written, why do I need your commentary?

What Gods will is that he does is not the same as what we do so the comparison is moot.
LOL, you refuse to answer my questions?

1 Timothy 2:4 God wills that all mankind be saved and come to the knowledge of truth.

What is this saying, it says that it is God's will that all be saved and to come to the knowledge of truth.

Does it say that God will send someone into hell and then into heaven. God wants all to be saved, but does it say in scripture that all will be saved from hell who were there?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
If you would hold yourself to the same kind of analyzing pattern then your points may carry some significance. But otherwise I see you interpreting scripture to mean something other than what it specifically says only to hold my feet to the fire expecting me to read what it says.

If you doubt that, do you want me to prove it to you?
Please do, I am willing to listen.

I do hold myself to the same kinds of analyzing. As I read scripture I don't add what I think or what I don't think. I simply read the scripture.

I am not holding your feet to nothing, I am only asking you a questons!!

The point of the matter is that some believe that hell is only temporary, ok, then if hell is only temporary ok. But where does it say that God will temporary punish someone and then bring them into heaven.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
LOL, you refuse to answer my questions?
I am at work, later I will go back and address everything you wrote, don't bust a gut laughing at me LOL LOL LOL LOL

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:4 God wills that all mankind be saved and come to the knowledge of truth.

What is this saying, it says that it is God's will that all be saved and to come to the knowledge of truth.

It says what it says. Why do I need to read your rewording?

The verse reads God WILLS

Why do I have to accept that you write "It is God's Will"? You have rearranged the words. How you rearrange them proves nothing but that you rearranged them.

Quote:
Does it say that God will send someone into hell and then into heaven

Does it have to say it in that verse for the bible to speak of that possibility?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The point of the matter is that some believe that hell is only temporary, ok, then if hell is only temporary ok. But where does it say that God will temporary punish someone and then bring them into heaven.

That is a good point, I have a bible where the word HELL does not appear at all, not once. So in that bible you will never find a verse stating that.

What do you think that means?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:

I won't be able to reply any more till late tonight, so I will look through your previous posts and any replies after this and address all your questions.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:26 PM

You don't have to accept anything that I say only what the scriptures.

Quote:
Does it have to say it in that verse for the bible to speak of that possibility?[/
I think that it does because people are translating what they think or not think it is saying.

Quote:
I am not trying to keep the wicked from God, I am merely looking at scripture and this scripture says that God's will is that mankind be saved and to come to knowledge of truth. It does not say that God will bring everyone into heaven.

The technique that I learned is simple, take scripture for what it is, not what you think is in between.

I can give an example of an error that I use to do, that is how I learned to not try to read between the lines because I could be wrong.

When I use to read Gen. 3:8, says That Adam and Eve heard the sound of the Lord God walking. I use to say that they heard and saw the Lord walking. Well maybe they did, but that verse does not say that. They heard the sound, of the Lord walking.

So, in reality we don't know how they saw God our how they saw Him walking. We as people have a tendency to put what we think that a scripture says.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
That is a good point, I have a bible where the word HELL does not appear at all, not once. So in that bible you will never find a verse stating that.

What do you think that means?
What do I think what means? What type of bible do you use? I use the NKJV, the Hebrew and the Greek

Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Like I said before I don't spend much time in worrying how long hell will be because that is not my main focus. My main focus is being with Jesus forever

Well there is one thing blatantly on this board and that is the over emphasis of ET by those believe it and those who don't.

No ET all there is to focus on is Jesus.
You are bringing what others believe in the decussiion between you and me. I have asked you questions over and over but you seem to not want to answer my question?

I am using your version of the bible and what you use. So, this should be simple? If God will only punish the wicked for an age, where does it say they will then be in heaven?

Old 07-10-2009, 01:41 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
You are bringing what others believe in the decussiion between you and me. I have asked you questions over and over but you seem to not want to answer my question?

I am using your version of the bible and what you use. So, this should be simple? If God will only punish the wicked for an age, where does it say they will then be in heaven?
Well tell me what is left at the end, don't you christians believe all there's left at the end is heaven and hell ?

If all have been released after serving there time in hades,gehenna and tartarus where else is there to go , or do you think hades , gehenna and tartarus are eternal again now ? make your mind up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity