Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2009, 07:12 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,770,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
But wait a minute now, iron. You are a UR'ist & Rodger is a UR'ist yet you are talking about the soul and Rodger is talking about the living body. Witness: (from rodgertutt's last post)

You UR'ists need to get together and compare notes!

Its semantics ... The bible says that the spirit becomes a living soul when it is joined with the body. When the body dies and the spirit(breath of life) which animates our body and quickens our minds goes back to god our minds cease their function until the resurrection. The only case know of where a disembodied soul manifested was the story of the witch of Endor. And his soul is said to have come up and been agitated(quickened or awakened in this context), and that was only by divine dispensation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 07:24 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,770,864 times
Besides ... The word of reconciliation is not a denomination. It is a revelation of the word of God concerning his plan and purpose in the ages. Not everyone who believes UR are even a part of the same denomination. I'd adventure to say many are of no denomination at all ... There are bound to be differences of opinions on some things. Though i must say i usually agree with what Roger, at least, has to say about things. Im not so sure we are in disagreement on the above discrepancy you pointed out. Again i would say its merely semantics. Sorry, off OP ...

Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,951,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That verse did not say they were tormented in the lake of fire...it said they were tormented with fire & brimstone. Study exactly what occured the last three years before the destruction and you will find your answer.
ok, Christy, I'll take a re-look at it, apply your perspective and let's see what we come up with.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its semantics ... The bible says that the spirit becomes a living soul when it is joined with the body. When the body dies and the spirit(breath of life) which animates our body and quickens our minds goes back to god our minds cease their function until the resurrection. The only case know of where a disembodied soul manifested was the story of the witch of Endor. And his soul is said to have come up and been agitated(quickened or awakened in this context), and that was only by divine dispensation.
To tell you the truth, iron, I get confused as er..heck when I contemplate the body, soul, spirit, body/soul, body/spirit, soul/spirit, body/soul/spirit thing. BTW, do you think it was God who raised the soul of Sammuel, or the witch, or was it an evil spirit she raised up?

Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,953,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I'm beginning to learn that myself...most of what Phaze puts out there is nonsense and sounds more like a child than an adult.

Saying it is nonsense and insulting me proves nothing. Just like you cannot prove God has not chosen you to be damned.

It's not up to you, so if it pleases God to create a human for the sole purpose of being damned then it could please him to damn you.

Nice try, but let me know when you can actually prove that God could not damn you if it pleased him to do so.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:28 PM

Old 09-04-2009, 10:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,690 times
Quote:
I'm sleepy Thrill...how 'bout you?....it got quiet huh?...

Old 09-05-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I'm sleepy Thrill...how 'bout you?....it got quiet huh?...
It got late, Verna, everybody's brains were fried, and bed was looking real good.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,334,160 times
Quote:
It got late, Verna, everybody's brains were fried, and bed was looking real good.
Did you make your bed in hell Thrill ?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. Psalm 139:8

Old 09-05-2009, 12:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,667,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you make your bed in hell Thrill ?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. Psalm 139:8
I CAN believe you just said this to Thrill...and why wouldn't you camps...I consider the source.

However...maybe you would take a look in the mirror and behold who's bed may be being made...and where...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity