Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2009, 07:00 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Not quite. When I was a Christian I always struggled with nearly every facet of believing. I believed with ever fiber of my being, but when I prayed I still felt like I was just talking to myself. No matter how much I wanted to, I never "felt" the Holy Spirit or any of the other things the other Christians were claiming to be experiencing. All I ever experienced was the natural world around me; what I could see, touch, taste, hear, and smell. I wondered why all the other Christians seemed to "feel" the presence of God, etc. I eventually realized that I would have to trick myself to experience God the way they were claiming, and I simply could not do that. I figured that if there really was a God, he wouldn't want me to fool myself into believing.
Let me guess Lamplight you were in an emotional enviorenment, felt such love in what was MAYBE a difficult time in your life then you said these magic words "the sinner's prayer" and someone told you Congratulations you are saved?

That is what happened to me in 1995 at a Billy Graham Crusade and the ironic thing was I lived an even more sinful life after that experience I was not changed nor did the Holy Spirit dwell in me, I just had a very emotional moment, I still felt nothing inside after that night maybe after 2 days it was gone BUT I received Jesus Christ last Summer as Lord and personal saviour and it was going from night to day in a split second. It was amazing. It wasn't in a church or a crusade. It started with watching a horrible movie on TV "Constantine" doing some research on the internet on hell because I became fascinated and I stumbled upon this video and I was saved right at my desk in work. This video changed my life, I won't guarantee it will change you too but I will guarantee it will explain what happened to you.

Hell's Best Kept Secret

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-17-2009 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 07:53 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

I stumbled upon this video and I was saved right at my desk in work.

June is at work.

June's 10:00 patient cancelled today's session.

That frees June up until noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist
^^^ Regarding said video:

If June watches said video, is she in for a potential, well, let's just say "re-allignment?" She's gotta be on her toes for her 12:00, so let's just be clear what we're potentially talking about here!

Take gentle workplace care.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June is at work.

June's 10:00 patient cancelled today's session.

That frees June up until noon.

^^^ Regarding said video:

If June watches said video, is she in for a potential, well, let's just say "re-allignment?" She's gotta be on her toes for her 12:00, so let's just be clear what we're potentially talking about here!

Take gentle workplace care.
Oh June you have such a way with words......God gave you a wonderful gift

Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Oh June you have such a way with words......God gave you a wonderful gift
I know.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Let me guess Lamplight you were in an emotional enviorenment, felt such love in what was MAYBE a difficult time in your life then you said these magic words "the sinner's prayer" and someone told you Congratulations you are saved?
Not really. I was brought up in the church and attended three times a week until I was about 17. I attended only occasionally for a couple of years and then returned fully, which lasted a few more years. I went through a couple of difficult times during that period but nothing that provoked me to "seek God", but I fully expected he would reveal himself to me. I wasn't "saved" in front of a lot of people or anything like that. The church I was attending believed baptism was necessary for salvation, which I disagreed with so I never went through with that, of course. I did, however, believe that Jesus was the son of God and was sent to wash away my sins, and I prayed many times (every night, in fact) and asked for forgiveness. And yet I never felt anything other that what the human body naturally feels all the time. By most people's standards, I was a model Christian in my behavior, and, for the most part, in my thoughts (of course no one can be perfect in that regard). But unlike what others were claiming, I didn't feel anything. I didn't watch a spider weaving its web and think, "Wow, God is amazing!" My mind simply didn't seem to work that way.

Quote:
That is what happened to me in 1995 at a Billy Graham Crusade and the ironic thing was I lived an even more sinful life after that experience I was not changed nor did the Holy Spirit dwell in me, I just had a very emotional moment, I still felt nothing inside after that night maybe after 2 days it was gone BUT I received Jesus Christ last Summer as Lord and personal saviour and it was going from night to day in a split second. It was amazing. It wasn't in a church or a crusade. It started with watching a horrible movie on TV "Constantine" doing some research on the internet on hell because I became fascinated and I stumbled upon this video and I was saved right at my desk in work. This video changed my life, I won't guarantee it will change you too but I will guarantee it will explain what happened to you.

Hell's Best Kept Secret
Unfortunately I have no sound on my computer right now, so I can't hear anything in videos.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Not really. I was brought up in the church and attended three times a week until I was about 17. I attended only occasionally for a couple of years and then returned fully, which lasted a few more years. I went through a couple of difficult times during that period but nothing that provoked me to "seek God", but I fully expected he would reveal himself to me. I wasn't "saved" in front of a lot of people or anything like that. The church I was attending believed baptism was necessary for salvation, which I disagreed with so I never went through with that, of course. I did, however, believe that Jesus was the son of God and was sent to wash away my sins, and I prayed many times (every night, in fact) and asked for forgiveness. And yet I never felt anything other that what the human body naturally feels all the time. By most people's standards, I was a model Christian in my behavior, and, for the most part, in my thoughts (of course no one can be perfect in that regard). But unlike what others were claiming, I didn't feel anything. I didn't watch a spider weaving its web and think, "Wow, God is amazing!" My mind simply didn't seem to work that way.
Man!!!! You sure you didn't steal my life? I was the same about baptism. I was a son of a pastor, did everything you did and then some because I even preached on youth sunday. This is what I call "kingdom inheritance" We do everything "right" like a Christian is susposed to do but we still aren't because we are living a legalistic lifestyle and we just automatically think, well we must be a Christian, what else is there to do? but then we are wondering how is this person so on fire for the Lord, why do they love Him so much?-what about me? where is my love? we want to keep His commandments only because we want go to heaven not because we love Him-there is no personal relationship with Him. We might as well be Muslims. I know what you are going through and all I can say, God is still working in you as He did me.

Quote:
Unfortunately I have no sound on my computer right now, so I can't hear anything in videos.
That's ok...but I am begging and pleading with you please watch that video. It will open your eyes to the real gospel and not the legalistic, man made watered down gospel you and I have been taught over the years. I will be praying for you and if you want drop me a personal meassge anytime you want.

Here's a question if you were a Christian. What was the day of your conversion? you don't need to tell me the date but do you remember the details? if you don't then chances are you never were converted.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-17-2009 at 09:45 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:

See what I mean, atheists lack wisdom.
They do?

Quote:
The bible is clear that if you hear something from Him be sure it is in line with scripture because God will never contradict Himself...

So tell me, when biblegod told Abraham [so we are told] to go kill his son, what scripture did he have to line up with that it was god talking to him?

Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Quote:
Man!!!! You sure you didn't steal my life? I was the same about baptism. I was a son of a pastor, did everything you did and then some because I even preached on youth sunday. This is what I call "kingdom inheritance" We do everything "right" like a Christian is susposed to do but we still aren't because we are living a legalistic lifestyle and we just automatically think, well we must be a Christian, what else is there to do? but then we are wondering how is this person so on fire for the Lord, why do they love Him so much?-what about me? where is my love? we want to keep His commandments only because we want go to heaven not because we love Him-there is no personal relationship with Him. We might as well be Muslims. I know what you are going through and all I can say, God is still working in you as He did me.
Wow, we are similar: My dad is a preacher.

Quote:
That's ok...but I am begging and pleading with you please watch that video. It will open your eyes to the real gospel and not the legalistic, man made watered down gospel you and I have been taught over the years. I will be praying for you and if you want drop me a personal meassge anytime you want.

Here's a question if you were a Christian. What was the day of your conversion? you don't need to tell me the date but do you remember the details? if you don't then chances are you never were converted.
I don't recall a specific day of conversion. I kept waiting to feel something that would "covert" me, but I never felt anything. I prayed often and asked God to show me, but I never experienced anything. I eventually decided that if there really is a God, he'll reveal himself to me someday. But without that, I haven't found a reason to continue believing.

Edit: Despite my thoughts on prayer, I appreciate yours and your concern.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I think what the main stream church is calling the " falling away" is people finally rejecting main stream christianity and escaping the clutches of it. When you reject and will not conform to what they say and believe they always come at you with such rubbish.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:09 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think what the main stream church is calling the " falling away" is people finally rejecting main stream christianity and escaping the clutches of it. When you reject and will not conform to what they say and believe they always come at you with such rubbish.

Yes, I backslid all the way out of religion into God. So to say I am backslidden is a compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity