Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 10:49 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezusxtain View Post
Jesus isn't God. Jesus never directly said he was either.
The scripture says differently?

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
NO, Jesus was not created, He was placed in a womb. Do you not understand that Jesus was here before anything was made? Do you not understand that Jesus was in the OT?
NO I don't because BEGOTTEN means: to procreate or generate (offspring)

That means that the son of God was CREATED!

So you who say that Jesus was the only BEGOTTEN son of God yet was not created are contradicting scripture. Jesus was begotten by God.. as in created by God.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Actually He didn't because the scripture does not say I am ascending to your God. If a person is going to quote scripture to try to make a point, then they should quote it correctly.
I forget . . . you are of the literalist school where the actual meaning or intent is less important than the specific literal words.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Katonjj,

Once again you have proven to me your ignorance and lack of education in the subject. All of the works and authors I have presented predate your claims by a long shot, and rightly quote 1 John 5:7 and 8 as truth and direct proof of the trinity. Deal with it. Your claim is un-Christian.

Accept Christ as God, or continue as a pagan. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Part of being a Christian is accepting that Christ is part of the Godhead. No other way around it. If you don't believe that, you aren't saved. That is the very core of the faith, believing that Christ is God.
If that is the truth then back it up.. sola scriptura!

But of course there is no passage that states that a belief in Christ as God is needed for salvation....

Old 11-18-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
NO I don't because BEGOTTEN means: to procreate or generate (offspring)

That means that the son of God was CREATED!

So you who say that Jesus was the only BEGOTTEN son of God yet was not created are contradicting scripture. Jesus was begotten by God.. as in created by God.
It seems you do not understand the term and it meaning.

Jesus is the exact representation of God because he is God and has always existed. Therefore "firstborn" doesn't mean Jesus was created, but is a way of referring to his pre-eminent position (which would be readily understood in a culture where firstborn children had greater privileges). Similarly, while Colossians 1:15 refers to Jesus as "the firstborn over all creation.

If Jesus created all things and is before all things, obviously he was not created himself.

Like I said before Jesus was always there. Jesus is the only begotten of His kind. He was placed in a womb by the Holy Spirit, not created.

Do, you believe that Jesus was before anyone, or that Jesus was in the OT?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
No. If you are saying that Jesus is the Mighty God then in the same respect Jesus is the Everlasting Father. How can Jesus be God and be the Father? Don't you find something suspect about that? First Jesus is the Son.. then he is the Everlasting Father? So who is the Everlasting Father if not Jesus in that passage... If you asked me if I was a mother.. I would reply, "I am"... does that imply the same thing as when God said "I am who I am?" Do you also believe that Jesus was nearly 50 years old when the Jews say "you are not yet 50 years old"... obviously he was nearly 50 or they would not have said that.. yet most christians believe Christ was only 30... How do you reconcile that Jesus is called Mighty God and Everlasting Father? How can you then say that he is only figuratively Everlasting Father but is literally Mighty God? Don't you contradict your interpretation of the verse?
We know from scripture that there is one God. We also know from scripture that there are 3 persons that make up this Godhead. God the Son, God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. This is very evident from reading the bible. Even at the begining of the Bible God speaking of Himself says,Let Us" do such and such. He uses the plural pronoun to refer to Himself. "The spirit of God hovered over the waters. The spirit is separate but one with God. I really do not think there are many people who can understand this trinitarian truth about the nature of God but there are many many things in the bible that I just have to believe as a matter of faith not because I can understand them perfectly. Personally I struggled with many things about God and His word for many years until God gave me the power to live by faith and not by my own fallable human understanding about the things of God that were not clear to me.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I forget . . . you are of the literalist school where the actual meaning or intent is less important than the specific literal words.
NO, I am a person that quotes things that are there. I don't make up things and then say that they are not what they are. It is funny to me, that people make things up, and then say something that is not actually as they say that they are.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
NO, I am a person that quotes things that are there. I don't make up things and then say that they are not what they are. It is funny to me, that people make things up, and then say something that is not actually as they say that they are.
His phrasing had the exact same meaning as the KJV phrasing . . . where is the problem. There are many versions of the scripture and they all phrase things differently.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
His phrasing had the exact same meaning as the KJV phrasing . . . where is the problem. There are many versions of the scripture and they all phrase things differently.
The funny thing out of all of the bibles that phrase differently, He didn't quote anyone one of them right. The problem is quoting something that is not there. If you are going to quote something, quote it right. If you are going to add or take away, then say so.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Revelation 17:14 ''These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of Lords, and King of Kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.''

The title 'Lord of Lords, and King of Kings' belongs to Jesus Christ Who is the Lamb of God.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb, the Lamb is the Lord of Lord's. Jesus Christ is God.

You said, ''God is Lord of Lord's.'' Revelation 17:14 says Jesus Christ (the Lamb) is Lord of Lord's. Jesus Christ is God.

John 1:35 ''Again the next day John was standing with two of his disciples, 36) and he looked upon Jesus as He walked, and said, ''Behold, the Lamb of God!''
For all of you who are tired of having Mike reference this post over and over.. here it is..

To make my point.. Daniel 2:37 You, O king, are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory;

So that Nebuchadnezzar is God too? Because he has the title king of kings?

A title is simply a title.. Rev. 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

What is the significance of the name written on his robe and thigh?

Furthermore, John 13:13 states "You call me 'Teacher' and 'Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am.

So Jesus was also Teacher of Teachers... does that mean he was God?

The fact is that the title Lord means master and because God gave Jesus authority he truly is master and Lord of earthly lords.. but God is lord above Jesus as we see here:

1 Cor. 15:28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

So the Son.. Lord of Lords... will be subject to God who then is Lord above all lords.. how is it then that Jesus who has the title on his clothing and thigh is the same one who is the Most High? Are you saying that Jesus is the Most High?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity