Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:03 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times

Advertisements

I believed it was either a place of complete darkness where you were alone with just your thoughts and suffered forever with no hope or for the mean spirited souls, add a little fire or some demons to torment you.

If Christians really, REALLY believed this, how do they sleep knowing most people will end up there? Lack of empathy or ??? If not a lack of empathy, you'd think more would ready for the funny farm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
I believe that people will experience hell when they are gripped with the realization of their lost conditon. Just being in the presence of God who is love and holy and realizing that you are lost and estranged from Him, would be hell to me. People will see themselves for who they really are without Him and one day God will wipe away all tears. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 05-17-2012 at 01:49 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Hell is in Michigan.
Google "Hell, Michigan" if you don't believe me. I've been to Hell and back!
ROFL!!!!!!

Is Hell. Michigan any worse than Dublin, California? How would you know?

Old 05-17-2012, 03:16 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
according with the Dante's conception Euro-Mediterranean (originally Christian, Jewish and Islamic), the world is divided into two distinct hemispheres: a fully formed from the land and the other is completely covered by water. According to the tolemaic system, the Earth is the center of the universe and the Sun and other planets revolve around it.

When, at the beginning of time, Lucifer rebelled against God, he did fall upon the earth from heaven in the sky which is beyond the geocentric system of rotation. At the point where he fell, on this ground, he drew back for fear of contact with the devil, thus creating the huge funnel-shaped cavity at the Inferno. The portion of land depicted, re-emerged in the hemisphere covered with water and formed the Mountain of Purgatory, which rises in the midst of the immense sea opposite hemisphere.

Lucifer is then driven into the center of the Earth, the farthest from God, immersed up to the bust in the underground lake Cocytus, which is perennially frozen due to cold wind produced by the constant movement of its six wings. From the center of the Earth, starting from the feet of Lucifer, he began a long corridor - said dungeon (or dungeon natural) - leading to the other hemisphere, directly to the Mountain of Purgatory.

Hell is, therefore, a deep funnel-like structure that reaches the Earth's core. It is composed of nine circles. Dante and Virgil in fact, run through their journey along the wheels turning, slowly go down deep spiral. As they descend, the circles shrink, because the lower the number of sinners punished in circles that gradually are more distant from the surface. The largest circles are higher because more widespread there is sin that is punished, the greater the number of condemned sinners. The more you go, the more you are away from God and the greater the severity of sin.

The sort of punishment, as Virgil says in canto XI, is attributable to the Nicomachean Ethics of Aristotle revised by the medieval Thomistic theology, and relies on the use of reason. The choice of punishments following the law of retaliation (hitting sinners through a punishment that is in opposition to their guilt or analogy to it).

The clear distinction of the concept of sin is represented, as mentioned, by the Company. Leaving aside the Antinferno and Limbo, the circles from the second to fifth punished see the damned souls of those who in life, committed the sin of incontinence. That is their reason, in retrospect, has given way to the instincts and impulses, the mind has not been able to dominate the body and could not resist temptation. The sins of incontinence correspond to the seven Deadly Sins, but the pride and envy are not a precise location inside the circles and autonomous.

Separating the fifth from the sixth circle, the walls of the City of Dis (the Latin abbreviation which indicated the God of the underworld Pluto). Beyond the Walls are sinners who have committed the most serious fault: the fraud did not lose their reason, but they wisely used to commit evil. Theirs is a conscious choice and evil. Their mind was put at the service of evil to knowingly build a sinful action.

Lucifer is the source of all evil. He mangles with its three mouths of its three faces, the bodies of Judas, Brutus and Cassius. According to the theory of Two Suns, namely the Papacy and the Empire, who were the two dominant powers, the three sinners are the traitors of the founders of these two powers.

Judas is the betrayer of Christ, founder of the papal power, while Brutus and Cassius are as betrayers of Caesar, that in the medieval conception of Dante was listed as the founder of the imperial power and secular power and politics in general. The pain of Brutus and Cassius, betrayers of Earthly Majesty, is to be crushed by the Devil in the lower half of the body in the jaws (so are crushed legs and lower belly). Judas, however, traitor to the Divine Majesty, is crushed at the top (it is crushed and then the entire body, except the legs). After the last part covers the dungeon of hell, a long, narrow corridor that passes through the bowels of the southern hemisphere and then into the Purgatory.

However, a doubt arises, is it possible that man can a have multi-dimensional image about surround reality, without to be influenced by his ancestors story
I gave you positive reputation for this post, but with all due respect, "Lucifer" is a reference to a particular king of Babylon, NOT a fallen angel.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 PM

467 posts, read 467,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Can you give your description of what it is?

Please no preaching or big long posts or "counter
UR agruments, or how or why someone would end up there etc. etc."... just your thoughts on what exactly is this place called hell that you believe in. What is this "eternal torment" consisting of?

And also PLEASE NO debating or counter arguments, etc.

Just a thread for those who DO believe in hell to give their thoughts on what exactly it is.

There is no hidden agenda here... just want a thread to refer back to so I can try to understand some of the folks here a little better when discussing with them.

Again... please you guys, no debating. Please just keep this simple and let people express their views and let it be. If you want to debate their views please start another thread if you will.

Thanks guys...
sparrow
All who eat the flesh of Jesus remain IN Jesus and Jesus remains in them!
The Father and I are ONE.
John 17:22
I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—

Hell is the reverse...
Become "ONE WITH Satan" and his Demons!
ONE.. White Hot ball of pure burning hate, in the middle of the Lake of Fire!
God is pure LOVE!
Satan is pure HATE!!

All with LOVE enter heaven!
The love-less... The people with NO love will enter hell!

Dogknox

Old 05-17-2012, 07:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
All with LOVE enter heaven!
It's called, "Giving and Receiving."

Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's called, "Giving and Receiving."
Hello Jerwade I hope all is well with you.
I must question your reply.. "God is LOVE"!
For me love is "GIVING of self from the heart!"
The prostitute gives herself but not from the heart!

GIVING.. "Time, Alms, Fasting, Prayers etc" are all LOVING ACTIONS>>Of the heart!

GIVING is NOT expecting reward.. You don't >GIVE< a birthday GIFT, then demand payment for the cost as it is being unwrapped! GIVING is not selling or WORKING as for a wage! IF..

If you are saying "Giving and Receiving" is LOVE then how do you LOVINGLY receive??
Jerwade Either way: ALL Giving and RECEIVING are ACTIONS... Thus proving "Faith" (action-less) can't save!! Faith by it's self, can't save anybody!
Jerwade PROVING the man made tradition of; "Saved by Faith ALONE" is a lie!

Faith MUST be tied to LOVE to save!
The man with faith ALONE can't put on the "Breastplate of righteousness" the breastplate is made with LOVE!
1 Thessalonians 5:8
But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

The man with "ONLY Faith" can't be saved.. The HELMET is made with HOPE not faith!

Love saves... "Man was saved by love ALONE"!
Dogknox

Old 05-18-2012, 05:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogknox View Post
If you are saying "Giving and Receiving" is LOVE then how do you LOVINGLY receive?
With open arms!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:07 PM

How do you LOVINGLY receive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
With open arms!
Love saves... "Man was saved by love ALONE"!
To receive requires zero love.. Receiving doe not save!

Dogknox

Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
I think it was in the Lost Books and Forgotten Books of Eden volume that I read about levels in Hell and it resonated. I hope to never find out what it's like, of course. I believe that the heat in hell come from the fire of Lava or something like it. Perhaps hell really is in the center of the earth. Bible refers to Jesus having gone down into the earth or something like that, as His body was in the tomb during that three days.

I believe it has levels, separating the lesser sins from the worst. It just resonates. It is a place of darkness in more ways than one, so the lava type of fire would give out the least amount of light is why I also find that believable.

Have you ever gone to Youtube, for example and watched some videos of people telling of their Near Death Experiences of Hell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity