Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christian UR People - How long were you a Christian when you stopped believing in eternal torture?
I never believed in eternal torture. 3 12.00%
0 - 5 years 1 4.00%
5 - 10 years 0 0%
10 - 25 years 7 28.00%
More than 25 years 14 56.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 AM

200 posts, read 252,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Beautiful, pcamps. I tried to rep you, but I'm in rep jail.
I just repped for you. Or at least I think I did. I've been handing them out lately. I'm just now learning about this rep thing, hope it doesn't put me in jail with you...but pcamps, you brought that verse to life for me. All these years, all this time being told it meant that our common sense is nothing but senseless...Fantastic post.

By the way, and I know this throws us off topic...but what are the guidelines for repping?

Now, back to the OP.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:22 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy63 View Post

By the way, and I know this throws us off topic...but what are the guidelines for repping?
Rep whoever you want but when you have repped somebody you need to spread the reps around to other people before you can give it to that person again ..... If your try to rep them before you have repped enough other posters it will say "You need to spread it around before you can rep the poster again"

Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Using scripture is now a cop out? Wow, that's the first I've ever heard that one. If God says that His ways and thoughts aren't ours, I'll listen to Him.

He is merciful! He forgives sins every day. He is merciful because He gave us His Holy Word so that we can learn about Him and He's merciful by sending His Son to die so that we may have eternal life. He doesn't contradict His Word and His Word is very clear on what happens to those who reject Him. What you just called "dung" is scripture. It's sharper than double edge sword. By rejecting scripture you are rejecting God.

If you want to discuss this, make another thread. We are completely off topic.
No using a scripture that you think says one thing but actally means the opposite to what you think is a cop out , and like i said this verse is used often by the orthodox christian to excuse the tyrant nature of the false god(Not the God of the scriptures) it believes in.

What i am calling dung is what you think the scriptures mean and not the scripture itself.

Paul had an about turn in how He viewed the scriptures. One of the reasons He was breathing out threats before his conversion was because of what he thought the scriptures were saying.

6Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

You see when you have knowledge of Christ our Lord , the scriptures speak different to us .

But while you think you have eternal life in the scriptures you will never have knowledge of Christ.

Jesus said "Search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life , but they are they which testify of me.

You know very well i was not saying the scriptures were a cop out or the scriptures were dung , i actually explained to you what that scripture was saying , so how could i say the scriptures are a cop out .

I was involved in a group for a while that went overboard in God's dealings with us to the point where we became what we actually believed he was (and i really don't think it was a pretty sight). In one of their meeting the Lord opened my eyes to the spirit i was off in believing the way i did , looking back i believe it was God's hand on my life and leading me into the pasture green of the reality of UR , which happened 10 years later.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-09-2010 at 03:52 AM..

Old 02-24-2011, 12:13 AM

205 posts, read 239,570 times
lttl elmer what are talking about??? Once you are a Christian you will always be a Christian

Old 02-24-2011, 07:39 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Thread closed pending Sticky at top of forum

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity