Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 08:42 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Tsk, tsk.....such hostility. See, yet another UR waging a personal attack simply because you don't like what the word of God says.
Since you "tsk, tsk" someone for not liking what you think the word of God says, then I assume you DO like what you think the word of God says. That means you LIKE the idea of people burning in torment forever, being tortured by flames through all eternity. You must like the idea of evil people burning, and also those who didn't have the knowledge or understanding to believe that Jesus died for them. I assume, too, that you believe God LIKES this, because if He doesn't, then his creation plan failed since all creation was made by Him and for His pleasure.

So, do you and God like this, or did God fail in his creation plan? Care to answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 03:00 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Neither am I an Et'r...?

I believe that the wages of sin is death...for our God is merciful as he is just. I believe in THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOUR AND REDEEMER.

In short...I'm between a rock and a hard place...

I too believe in the wages of sin being death .......... and that he is just ... and merciful ... and believe in THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOUR AND REDEEMER.

And I also believe in resurrection from death. (This is the point where I see UR)

Ans,

I will start another thread on judgment relating to annihilation/resurrection - I would be interested in yours (and others views)

Last edited by Meerkat2; 03-29-2010 at 03:09 PM..

Old 03-29-2010, 03:22 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post

I too believe in the wages of sin being death .......... and that he is just ... and merciful ... and believe in THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AS MY SAVIOUR AND REDEEMER.

And I also believe in resurrection from death. (This is the point where I see UR)

Ans,

I will start another thread on judgment relating to annihilation/resurrection - I would be interested in yours (and others views)
To those who acknowledge the Majesty Of Christ, YES!

But let's not forget that in the book of Exodus when GOD was heard speaking (literally) and showing his LOVE AND MERCY through his MIRACULOUS WORKS...there were still those who rejected him!

Even if Moses rose from the dead...they will not believe...

Throughout the NT...Jesus repeatedly demonstrated that not ALL will accept him.

This is where I differ from the UR

Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
To those who acknowledge the Majesty Of Christ, YES!

But let's not forget that in the book of Exodus when GOD was heard speaking (literally) and showing his LOVE AND MERCY through his MIRACULOUS WORKS...there were still those who rejected him!

Even if Moses rose from the dead...they will not believe...

Throughout the NT...Jesus repeatedly demonstrated that not ALL will accept him.

This is where I differ from the UR
Yes I know that --- I have started another thread, if you want to comment there ( I don't want to side track this thread into discussion on annihilation.)

Old 03-29-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:

Ans,

My friend (I already consider you a friend...I hope you don't mind?)I will gladly join provided...we love our neighbors as ourselves and respect other's view though It may not coincide with ours...

Old 03-29-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
My friend (I already consider you a friend...I hope you don't mind?)I will gladly join provided...we love our neighbors as ourselves and respect other's view though It may not coincide with ours...
Ans,

I am honored that you consider me a friend ....... I am not looking to debate as such, just wanting to understand what you believe and how it relates to what I believe, and to see what more I need to learn.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Ans,

I am honored that you consider me a friend ....... I am not looking to debate as such, just wanting to understand what you believe and how it relates to what I believe, and to see what more I need to learn.
From the looks of things...we already are seeing eye to eye...

Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
From the looks of things...we already are seeing eye to eye...
yes I believe so

Old 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Does man's choice to be annihilated override God's choice to save the man?

Does a toddler's choice to play on the freeway override the parents choice to keep the child safe?
Yes of cause

Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 PM

595 posts, read 761,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What purpose or reason would He have in doing such a despicable thing ?.

We are all appalled by the holocaust(even the fundy) yet we don't bat an eyelid at the thought of the fundamental christian god frying the lost eternally .

Would freezing them eternally be any different or less painful ? .
Because they hate God and they hate Jesus. There is no love of God in them, that fry for eternity.
God! He never calls Himself fundamental christian god.

Man's idea of despicable and God's Word saying what is sin are totally different.
What is sin?
Worshipping idols, not loving God, when He loves you.
Saying His name in vain, dishonoring Him, when He loves you.
Not remembering His day of rest He gave to you because He loves you.
Not honoring your parents who brought you up and loved you before birth.
Hating and murdering your fellow brothers and sisters.
Commiting adultery with your eyes, heart and body that God said was wonderfully and fearfully made
Lying to anyone, false accusations against anyone.
Stealing
Coveting what someone else has.
What is dispicable? SIN!!
Thank you Jesus for saving me from myself. Thank you Jesus you opened my ears to hear. And thank you Father, you gave me a new heart, your heart! Thank you Jesus in helping me recieve your Beautiful Gift of Eternal Life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity