Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:44 PM

32 posts, read 31,342 times

Advertisements

Because they hated and reject HIM,I guess HE is giving them a taste of what they caused others in life.It may not be the same pain as you'd feel in a flesh body, but it is torment according to the what the rich man said to Abraham.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 07:20 PM

I do not want ANYONE to burn in HELL,I do not control GOD either.You are more or less saying if we all vote for GOD to burn them in hell HE will.
No,HE is not going to allow Heaven to be an "eternal version of this Earth" as it is now.
There is this idea that people like Hitler go to Heaven ,GOD asks him"Did you learn anything son? Hitler says oh I am SO sorry for the terrible things I did I was so wrong! To which GOD replies "Oh well you killed a few Jews ho ho ho boys will be boys come in here we love you!" And Hitler is instantly rehabilitated!
NOT!
Chances are he would look around and wonder how he could change this "Heaven to become the society he wanted on earth,and now he has all eternity to do it in!
THAT is why GOD does not allow evil people into Heaven.Now do they feel fiery pain as if they were in a flesh body?I don't know but I know the rich man was in torment, he said so.
They are cut off from GOD.
Reincarnation?If your heart(your inner most being, your mind and desires) are set for self destruction regardless of how you are raised or what you are taught, then reincarnating someone and erasing their memories of a former life just sends them down the same road over and over, sort of like the move ground hog day, except the guy in ground hog day finally got it, with your memory being erased each time you'll NEVER get it!
GOD has given us moral codes to live by and we WILL be judged by them one day.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph7 View Post
I do not want ANYONE to burn in HELL,I do not control GOD either.You are more or less saying if we all vote for GOD to burn them in hell HE will.
No,HE is not going to allow Heaven to be an "eternal version of this Earth" as it is now.
There is this idea that people like Hitler go to Heaven ,GOD asks him"Did you learn anything son? Hitler says oh I am SO sorry for the terrible things I did I was so wrong! To which GOD replies "Oh well you killed a few Jews ho ho ho boys will be boys come in here we love you!" And Hitler is instantly rehabilitated!
NOT!
You are saying God does not have the power to rehabilitate Hitler.

I think God can do a bit better job than our modern day correctional institutions...

Old 10-17-2010, 06:28 AM

Are you saying GOD should strip everyone of their free will and program them to suit HIM?
GOD wants people to love HIM of their own free will and some people REFUSE to be rehabilitated and strip[ping them of their free will would be the ONLY way to do that.
GOD allows us to make our own choices,even if it means destroying ourselves.That saddens HIM,but unless you remove free will, some people will refuse to be rehabilitated.
Case in point.
Satan was in the presence of GOD, was before GOD'S throne in Heaven and decided HE would be better on the throne than GOD, lead a rebellion that was quickly squashed and satan to this day has never repented or apologized.Instead he decided to deceive Eve into disobeying GOD and bringing judgment on mankind.Satan also did all he could do to try to get Job to curse GOD and tot urn away from GOD,satan has also done all he could to try to destroy anyone or any people who live for GOD.
So if GOD is going to wave a magic wand on all evil doers and rehabilitate them, why didn't HE do it with satan and stop all this mess before it started?
Why doesn't HE do it NOW on this Earth?
Is HE (as you said) "powerless to do it"? or is it that HE let's mankind choose to burn in hell if they would rather do that than obey HIM?

Old 10-17-2010, 07:31 AM

175 posts, read 174,697 times
quote by Joseph7

Quote:
Satan was in the presence of GOD, was before GOD'S throne in Heaven and decided HE would be better on the throne than GOD, lead a rebellion that was quickly squashed and satan to this day has never repented or apologized

So you believe that our perfect Father created a perfect being and that perfect being turned against (corrupted) its' creator. That just amazes me that people believes in Gods' inability to get anything right.

i mean look at His record according to churchianity:

He created the angles and according to churchianity one third of them corrupted to the point of rebellion, (oh, and He didn't see that coming)

He created human on earth (churchianity says perfectly) and that corrupted (sinned) and He didn't see that coming)

Then sent His son to redeem the WORLD (all) and He (according to churchianity) failed,

Amazing, amazing

Old 10-17-2010, 08:51 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph7 View Post
Are you saying GOD should strip everyone of their free will and program them to suit HIM?
GOD wants people to love HIM of their own free will and some people REFUSE to be rehabilitated and strip[ping them of their free will would be the ONLY way to do that.
GOD allows us to make our own choices,even if it means destroying ourselves.That saddens HIM,but unless you remove free will, some people will refuse to be rehabilitated.
Case in point.
Satan was in the presence of GOD, was before GOD'S throne in Heaven and decided HE would be better on the throne than GOD, lead a rebellion that was quickly squashed and satan to this day has never repented or apologized.Instead he decided to deceive Eve into disobeying GOD and bringing judgment on mankind.Satan also did all he could do to try to get Job to curse GOD and tot urn away from GOD,satan has also done all he could to try to destroy anyone or any people who live for GOD.
So if GOD is going to wave a magic wand on all evil doers and rehabilitate them, why didn't HE do it with satan and stop all this mess before it started?
Why doesn't HE do it NOW on this Earth?
Is HE (as you said) "powerless to do it"? or is it that HE let's mankind choose to burn in hell if they would rather do that than obey HIM?
Satan was never in the presence of God. He was created perfect as Adam and Eve were created perfect. However, they all had the inclination to sin and that is what they took part in. Becoming perfect as God is perfect is a whole different thing and requires the person to change from the perfect created being to a Divine being in order to enter into the presence of God. God, as far as I know, has not created anyone to be Divine. That was Jesus' mission. To rebestow Divine Love so that all could enter into the Kingdom of God.

BTW, Satan did not want to be God, he fell behind Lucifer who could not understand why God could create beings who He wanted to be like Him instead of remaining in the image. That is why Lucifer refused to follow God and is now annhilated. He no longer exists along with all his cohorts and satan.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:41 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,126,252 times
Hell exists so Christians can channel their vengeful feelings into something that is passive. It's a reflection of Christian passive-aggressive thought.

Old 10-17-2010, 01:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
Hell exists so Christians can channel their vengeful feelings into something that is passive. It's a reflection of Christian passive-aggressive thought.
Sadly this is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity