Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times

Advertisements

Exo 32:31 And Moses turneth back unto Jehovah, and saith, `Oh this people hath sinned a great sin, that they make to themselves a god of gold;
Exo 32:32 and now, if Thou takest away their sin--and if not--blot me, I pray thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.'

The annihilationist (I was one formerly) will tell you that God will annhilate the sinner such that the person (flesh and blood) will cease to exist. But MOSES was willing to be blotted out of the book of life if God didn't TAKE away sins.

So ask yourself this - those of you that are annihilationists - if God can take away sin then why have to cause anyone to cease to exist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Exo 32:31 And Moses turneth back unto Jehovah, and saith, `Oh this people hath sinned a great sin, that they make to themselves a god of gold;
Exo 32:32 and now, if Thou takest away their sin--and if not--blot me, I pray thee, out of Thy book which Thou hast written.'

The annihilationist (I was one formerly) will tell you that God will annhilate the sinner such that the person (flesh and blood) will cease to exist. But MOSES was willing to be blotted out of the book of life if God didn't TAKE away sins.

So ask yourself this - those of you that are annihilationists - if God can take away sin then why have to cause anyone to cease to exist?
God does not just take away sin.

He provided the means by which it can be removed from one's life. There is a difference.

Christ is the way.

1 John 5:11-12 - And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:15 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:

Read the rest of verse 32, and even into 33.

And God doesn't always annihilate the flesh and blood of the sinner. It is the spirit of the person that is forever destroyed. Blotted out of the book of Life= what?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:03 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post

And God doesn't always annihilate the flesh and blood of the sinner. It is the spirit of the person that is forever destroyed. Blotted out of the book of Life= what?
I think what he means is that if God has the power to take away sins... what need is there to annihilate anything but the sin? Destroy the sin.. save the sinner...

Old 03-27-2010, 08:09 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I think what he means is that if God has the power to take away sins... what need is there to annihilate anything but the sin? Destroy the sin.. save the sinner...
Yes. Destroy the sin.. save the sinner... convert the sinner to be righteous, thereby also destroying the sinner... The person is no longer a sinner.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God does not just take away sin.

He provided the means by which it can be removed from one's life. There is a difference.

Christ is the way.

1 John 5:11-12 - And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
Well I can agree with that but even if the Son if taking it away it is God taking it away for the Son said He came to do the will of His Father. The thing to note here is that if God wouldn't remove the sin of the sinners then Moses didn't want to live either.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Hi HotinAZ, I actually agree that their is an annihilation of the old man (spirit of the person) that is forever destroyed. But God destroys the old man by way of having us put on the new man (Christ). Yes, I have read the rest of the verse. The point is that Moses wanted to DIE (be blotted out of the book) if God didn't remove the sin of the sinners.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Exactly.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:30 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Well I can agree with that but even if the Son if taking it away it is God taking it away for the Son said He came to do the will of His Father. The thing to note here is that if God wouldn't remove the sin of the sinners then Moses didn't want to live either.
Please proofread this and see if it makes sense. I have no clue.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:

Blotted out of the book of life = judged by a RIGHTEOUS judge

Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

In that case ...... We have all sinned so we are all blotted out of the book of life ........... however through Christ we get written back in ..... In Adam ---> all die In Christ ----- all made alive

I do not see verses that point to the annihilation of the spirit, can you point me to those that say that the spirit is to be destroyed .... the verses I see is that the soul is to be destroyed so that the spirit can be saved in the day of judgment

1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What I think is that the body (sarx) and soul (G5590 ψυχή psuche)̄ are destroyed and the spirit (G4151 πνεῦμα pneuma) is to be saved.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity