Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 12:26 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Firstborn 888
"LoL. This is exactly what I've been talking about here for the last 2 years."

Well, don't you trust Jack Van Impe to tell you what is happening? Apparently he never gives up no matter how much stuff he gets wrong. Listen to him tell about the New World Order. These people really do believe that President Obama is the anti-Christ....

YouTube - Obama Named Leader Of The New World Order By The Bilderbergs According To Jack Van Impe
What I always wonder is if these paranoid Christians really believe in the rapture, why are they so terrified?
I do believe in the tribulation (as you know) - but I don't think God is going to scoop all the hypocrites out of here before hell breaks loose. We're all going through hell together - period. The pharisees only make it more unpleasant because they are terrified of suffering for Christ.
Sigh.....
Name calling isn't going to get you anywhere..."Pharisee's, "hypocrite's", "paranoid Christian's".....unless of course you're in the mirror while doing this? Anybody's allowed to talk to themselves, yes? Just making a point here of course.

I think the Van Impe's and so many other's may be on to something....Pay CLOSE attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 01:50 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Default Please...read this article...

petroleumworld

The Well From Hell!!!...Not good!

Everyone...please pray to God for mercy upon our country and her people...PRAY! for mercy!!!!....PRAY! like you've never prayed before!!!...our very lives are hanging in the balance here!!!...and prayer is ALL we have!!!...God hears the prayers of His people!...and He hears the silence of no prayer...prayer moves God's heart!!!! God Bless you!

Last edited by Verna Perry; 07-04-2010 at 02:20 PM..

Old 07-05-2010, 04:41 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I think the Van Impe's and so many other's may be on to something....Pay CLOSE attention.
Betsey - did you watch this?:

YouTube - 1985 Guide to the Year 2000

It's from 1985. If you can watch this and honestly say that Jack Van Impe is to be listened to or trusted in any way, shape or form then I am at a loss to understand why. He is very obviously playing on the fears and headlines of 1985 while looking ahead to the "end" in 2000.

Now he's doing the EXACT same thing but is instead substituting people's fears and beliefs about 2012 and the NWO.

Whether you think he's onto something or not - does the phrase "cry wolf" ring a bell? He is disqualified AND end-timers should hold him responsible for turning multitudes off to the end time message by his blatant opportunistic/sensationalist methods and hundreds of failed predictions/speculations.

Understand?

Old 07-05-2010, 04:46 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
petroleumworld

Yikes!!! That's scary stuff Verna....

Old 07-05-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
petroleumworld

Everyone...please pray to God for mercy upon our country and her people...PRAY! for mercy!!!!....PRAY! like you've never prayed before!!!...our very lives are hanging in the balance here!!!...and prayer is ALL we have!!!...God hears the prayers of His people!...and He hears the silence of no prayer...prayer moves God's heart!!!! God Bless you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yikes!!! That's scary stuff Verna....
...and firstborn..couple that with this...

It's the largest environmental disaster in U.S. - and possibly world history.
But do you know exactly where it is? Could you point to a map and show where the oil rig sank?
Do you know what the topography of the surrounding area is?

Hint: If you think it's flat seafloor - as implied by BPs
drawings - you'd be wrong (the spill site is actually located within a giant canyon system, rather than on flat ground).

This essay will provide some basic orientation as to ground zero for the oil spill.

Where is the Oil Spill?

More than a year ago, geologists criticized Transocean for putting their exploratory rig directly over a massive underground reservoir of METHANE!!!
Petroleumworld News 06/20/10

...I've never been more serious!...THIS IS NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!!...This disaster is going to get much, much worse!!!...This is going to affect EVERYONE!!!...FOREVER!!!..IT IS NOT GOING AWAY!!!...and if you will just click on these links, and read ALL OF IT!...you will begin to understand how this came about $$$$$$$$$$>>>MONEY!!!!!!!...and where this is leading us (as a country...as a world)...TO!!!!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:39 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,209,993 times
Quote:

But do you know exactly where it is? Could you point to a map and show where the oil rig sank?

Hint: If you think it's flat seafloor - as implied by BPs drawings - you'd be wrong (the spill site is actually located within a giant canyon system, rather than on flat ground).

This essay will provide some basic orientation as to ground zero for the oil spill.

Where is the Oil Spill?

More than a year ago, geologists criticized Transocean for putting their exploratory rig directly over a massive underground reservoir of METHANE!!!

...I've never been more serious!...THIS IS NOT GOOD PEOPLE!!!...This disaster is going to get much, much worse!!!...This is going to affect EVERYONE!!!...FOREVER!!!..IT IS NOT GOING AWAY!!!...and if you will just click on these links, and read ALL OF IT!...you will begin to understand how this came about $$$$$$$$$$>>>MONEY!!!!!!!...and where this is leading us (as a country...as a world)...TO!!!!
Worst in the world? Hmmm Environmental disasters

Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Quote:

Hint: If you think it's flat seafloor - as implied by BPs
drawings - you'd be wrong (the spill site is actually located within a giant canyon system, rather than on flat ground).

Where is the Oil Spill?

Verna, thanks for all the links on this. It is quite worrisome to say the least. We must trust God will work it all out, but for now, things could get pretty scary. And the fact they are trying to keep it underwraps is not helping. But eventually when this gets so big, the news will be forced to cover it. Up here in Canada we got a few more reports that the "leak" is still occuring after 11 weeks...! I love how they refer to it as a "leak", gives the idea of a pipe dripping. But this is no leak. It is a gusher, in multiple places. 10000s of PSI or more.

Whether this is the worst environmental disaster or not is debatable... it certainly may turn into that. But at this point it is definitely the worst oil "spill" disaster in history.

For reference:
1989 Exxon Valdez spilled approx 250000-750000 barrels of oil.
1979 Ixtoc disaster spilled approx 3000000 barrels of oil in 9 months.
2010 BP disaster has already spilled approx 3000000+ barrels in 11 weeks.

If the spill could be stopped TODAY, it would still be worse than the 9 month disaster in 1979.

To put it in perspective, effectively it is an Exxon Valdez spill happening once or twice a week. And its not stopping!!!

Useful facts:
Ixtoc I oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exxon Valdez oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Deepwater Horizon oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its interesting to read about the aftermath of the Ixtoc spill - the BP spill will be similar (if they can stop it). According to wikipedia, after 6 years it was difficult to find any evidence of the 1979 Ixtoc spill.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
Actually I see that it may not be the biggest oil spill in history (yet). I forgot about the 1991 oil spill in Iraq/Kuwait. But to be sure, I don't think they have a good estimate of the BP spill.

This page summarizes the largest spills:
Oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-05-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Verna, thanks for all the links on this. It is quite worrisome to say the least. We must trust God will work it all out, but for now, things could get pretty scary. And the fact they are trying to keep it underwraps is not helping. But eventually when this gets so big, the news will be forced to cover it. Up here in Canada we got a few more reports that the "leak" is still occuring after 11 weeks...! I love how they refer to it as a "leak", gives the idea of a pipe dripping. But this is no leak. It is a gusher, in multiple places. 10000s of PSI or more.

Whether this is the worst environmental disaster or not is debatable... it certainly may turn into that. But at this point it is definitely the worst oil "spill" disaster in history.

For reference:
1989 Exxon Valdez spilled approx 250000-750000 barrels of oil.
1979 Ixtoc disaster spilled approx 3000000 barrels of oil in 9 months.
2010 BP disaster has already spilled approx 3000000+ barrels in 11 weeks.

If the spill could be stopped TODAY, it would still be worse than the 9 month disaster in 1979.

To put it in perspective, effectively it is an Exxon Valdez spill happening once or twice a week. And its not stopping!!!

Useful facts:
Ixtoc I oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Exxon Valdez oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Deepwater Horizon oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its interesting to read about the aftermath of the Ixtoc spill - the BP spill will be similar (if they can stop it). According to wikipedia, after 6 years it was difficult to find any evidence of the 1979 Ixtoc spill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Actually I see that it may not be the biggest oil spill in history (yet). I forgot about the 1991 oil spill in Iraq/Kuwait. But to be sure, I don't think they have a good estimate of the BP spill.

This page summarizes the largest spills:
Oil spill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thank you legoman..I appreciate so much the information you have shared with us...God Bless.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:04 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Betsey - did you watch this?:

YouTube - 1985 Guide to the Year 2000

It's from 1985. If you can watch this and honestly say that Jack Van Impe is to be listened to or trusted in any way, shape or form then I am at a loss to understand why. He is very obviously playing on the fears and headlines of 1985 while looking ahead to the "end" in 2000.

Now he's doing the EXACT same thing but is instead substituting people's fears and beliefs about 2012 and the NWO.

Whether you think he's onto something or not - does the phrase "cry wolf" ring a bell? He is disqualified AND end-timers should hold him responsible for turning multitudes off to the end time message by his blatant opportunistic/sensationalist methods and hundreds of failed predictions/speculations.

Understand?
Why is it that we are always ready to kill the messengers? Why? I wonder what happen to the ass after God used it!! Ohhh, don't bother answering.....you probably killed that too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity