Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

its like a stock market crash no matter how bad, hilarous, 10 minutes later on every TV station, dont worry no need to panic its guna get better.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:35 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Go to a search engine and type in something along the lines of: "all these earthquakes" and see all the speculation. If all these earthquakes were "normal", then there would be nothing to talk about.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:56 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Without earthquakes earth would be a dead planet.

YouTube - Earthquake Destruction

Old 04-18-2010, 10:11 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Go to a search engine and type in something along the lines of: "all these earthquakes" and see all the speculation. If all these earthquakes were "normal", then there would be nothing to talk about.
Of course. The speculations are often from ignorant folks who don't know a lick about geology, geography or history. Unnecessary Panic and fear often ensue when people are ignorant and clueless which in times past gave birth to gods and religions.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:18 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Exactly! By the way there was a 6.3 mag that struck today in Papua New Guinea.

6.3-magnitude quake strikes Papua New Guinea

Now observe how this isn't news on TV. That doesn't make it any less scary. Alot of people are saying this is all normal but I don't see how it is. Does it take an earthquake to kill a million lives to make it noticeable? I think it's all just as scary as one that doesn't. And how I know these earthquakes are truly the beginning of birth pains as described in the bible, is that I have found out out that there are more scoffers and unbelievers in this day and time than any other. I haven't been alive long but I have never seen such animosity against Christianity and the church and the teachings of the bible as I have now. That's how I know what the bible was saying was true.

Right now, since it is of no use trying to discuss with other people (especially on this forum) about what's going to happen, I guess I have no other choice than to just sit back and watch. Just like the unbelievers have a relaxed attitude about their lives and are so sure nothing will happen, I can too. I don't really have to stress myself, the proof is in the pudding.

What I really want to see though is at the end of the year, the statistics from USGS. The final and total for the year.

There is a quote that I like to say in creole when it comes to the unbelievers that dismiss the bible's word.

"Yo pral wè. Avèk deux je yo, yo ap wè"
Which means "They will see. With their own two eyes, they will see." I say it in creole because it's a stronger meaning than in english. It's loosely prophetical.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Prophecy Marketing, 101

This insightful thought from scg (red highlights are mine...):

Quote:
Very well answered by IIDM, thusly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Of course. The speculations are often from ignorant folks who don't know a lick about geology, geography or history. Unnecessary Panic and fear often ensue when people are ignorant and clueless which in times past gave birth to gods and religions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Exactly! By the way there was a 6.3 mag that struck today in Papua New Guinea.

6.3-magnitude quake strikes Papua New Guinea

Now observe how this isn't news on TV. That doesn't make it any less scary. A lot of people are saying this is all normal but I don't see how it is.

(answ: well then you haven't been diligently and honestly checking up on the data I provided, right?)

Does it take an earthquake to kill a million lives to make it noticeable?

(answer: with CNN or Fox or the Alphabet News channels? Yes.)

I think it's all just as scary as one that doesn't. And how I know these earthquakes are truly the beginning of birth pains as described in the bible, is that I have found out out that there are more scoffers and unbelievers in this day and time than any other.

(ans: There are also far more educated folks, and far better communication, and more and better scientific explanations, and far less work to have to attend to out in the barn or fields, so far more spare time on out hands and mind. Just look at how many of us fritter away our time right here on C-D!)

I haven't been alive long but I have never seen such animosity against Christianity and the church and the teachings of the bible as I have now. That's how I know what the bible was saying was true.

(What an interesting rationale for believing. Far fewer people now believe in VooDoo as well. Does than then make it the truth, because it's been exposed as fake? Hmmm. Interesting conclusionary process, allenk!)

I don't really have to stress myself, the proof is in the pudding.

What I really want to see though is at the end of the year, the statistics from USGS. The final and total for the year.

(Actually, I provided some of USGS's data from recent past years, which was the basis from my factual statement that there are actually FEWER earthquakes of late rather than an increase.)

There is a quote that I like to say in creole when it comes to the unbelievers that dismiss the bible's word.

"Yo pral wè. Avèk deux je yo, yo ap wè" Which means "They will see. With their own two eyes, they will see." I say it in creole because it's a stronger meaning than in english. It's loosely prophetical.
I'd suggest that your creole saying can and does equally apply to believers' predictions. So far, historically, not a single End Time prediction has come true. But of course, if you give it enough time, say some time in the next 250 thousand years, I'd say the odds for some catastrophe, let's say an errant, stray meteor impact, or major volcano or big Los Angeles earthquake, or a Middle Eastern brew-ha with nucs, will happen, yessirree, by simple statistical chance.Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-19-2010 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: rude, attacking comments are deleted

Old 04-18-2010, 12:02 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Red face "We're doomed, I tell you! DOOMED!"

Following up on scg's "all these earthquake" finds, I typed in the following and got the numbers of available articles:

"all these earthquakes": 102,000 responses

voodoo spells: 392,000

"bad" psychic predictions in general: 3,118,000

"bad" psychic predictions for 2012: 478,000

problems with John Deere lawn tractors: 221,000

problems with male cats spraying: 2,230,000

and finally: low-level (< 5.0 RS) earthquakes: 4,590,000

Wow! I had no idea we were in such a bad way, and yet it's all easily explained on the Internet. I mean, if there weren't a global problem with those cats and lawn tractors and lo-level temblors, why all those posts?

Last edited by rifleman; 04-18-2010 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: fun!

Old 04-18-2010, 02:57 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Well, No Sale on that silliness, frankly. I (we) want an absolute, "Dec. 21, 2012" type prophecy, with a promise to STFrikU when nothing happens.
See you on the 22nd.... maybe....or.....

Old 04-18-2010, 03:00 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Following up on scg's "all these earthquake" finds, I typed in the following and got the numbers of available articles:

"all these earthquakes": 102,000 responses

voodoo spells: 392,000

"bad" psychic predictions in general: 3,118,000

"bad" psychic predictions for 2012: 478,000

problems with John Deere lawn tractors: 221,000

problems with male cats spraying: 2,230,000

and finally: low-level (< 5.0 RS) earthquakes: 4,590,000

Wow! I had no idea we were in such a bad way, and yet it's all easily explained on the Internet. I mean, if there weren't a global problem with those cats and lawn tractors and lo-level temblors, why all those posts?
"Last edited by rifleman; Today at 01:05 PM.. Reason: fun! "

Instead of "fun!" you could have just put "yes!".

Old 04-18-2010, 05:30 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
You need to lighten up a bit there allen...This is a forum, and you will find many here that disagree with you, but that doesn't mean they are attacking you...I have followed this thread and the one that was locked and have seen nothing presented to indicate that earthquakes are on the increase...I of course do not subscribe to the paranoia ( I don't know how else to describe it) that is called the end times or the rapture, and cannot understand why anyone would want to.... What is the point of trying to accomplish anything in this life with a belief like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity