Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:46 AM

910 posts, read 1,338,356 times

Advertisements

Jesus Christ told his disciples that this generation shall not end before we see his manifestation and the manifestation of all the signs he rolled out in Mathew 24:4-34. The generation of Jesus Christ must have ended in 2001, a Bibilical generation is 2000 years. It means then that he has come even though we may not know him since he will not answer the previous name Jesus (Rev 3:12). Now if he has come, he would be with us as we match to the end of the current state of things, the change over from the doctrine of men to the kingdom and doctrine of God.

Why do Christians still expect him from the sky? Did the angels not confirm that he would come back in a human form, the form he left (Acts 1:11) and Rev 12:5? Did God glorify angels or any spirit apart from man (Gen 1:26-28) (Heb 1:13)? Man is to rule in this world and the Son of man must rule as man, not as angel (Heb 1:5-7). The difference between him and us is that all authority and powers and angels would be under his command. Our task is to unearth the corner of the world where this being with all powers now reside!

But remember that as was in days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the Son of Man. He shall suffer many things and be rejected by men (Luke 1724-26)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 03:45 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
a Bibilical generation is 2000 years.
It is? How do we determine this?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:51 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
What? Is He hiding out somewhere? Why?

Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 AM

28 posts, read 61,766 times
Default Missed it by ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Jesus Christ told his disciples that this generation shall not end before we see his manifestation and the manifestation of all the signs he rolled out in Mathew 24:4-34.
I agree with you here! Jesus did tell the disciples that some of them would still be alive when He returned in glory (Matthew 16:27-28). I am not sure where you got that a "generation" is 2000 years though...how bout this?

As for the rest of your post...ummmm yeah. I don't subscribe. Jesus did return in glory to complete man's redemption during the destruction of Jerusalem (70ad). We are now living in the New Jerusalem within God's presence.

blessings, w

Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Fascinating post. I can see how His return is already happening, as when Saul was converted: "Saul, Saul, why persecutest me?" "Who are thou, Lord?" (notice here he spontaneously called Him Lord! Praise God!) And the voice responded, "I am Jesus WHOM THOU PERSECUTEST." Saul was persecuting Jesus manifested a second time through a company of people!!!!

At least, just my 2 cents...

Blessings, and thanks for this interesting thread!
Brian

Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanda Short View Post
I agree with you here! Jesus did tell the disciples that some of them would still be alive when He returned in glory (Matthew 16:27-28). I am not sure where you got that a "generation" is 2000 years though...how bout this?

As for the rest of your post...ummmm yeah. I don't subscribe. Jesus did return in glory to complete man's redemption during the destruction of Jerusalem (70ad). We are now living in the New Jerusalem within God's presence.

blessings, w
I am neither preterist, futurist or any kind of "ist." In fact, I am not even a believer. Though I am a non-believer, I do agree with preterists that the prophecies in places like Matthew 24 were meant for a time long past; 2,000 years long past. The futurists are being willfully ignorant and blind to clear fact. However, while I agree with the preterists, what I don't agree with is their own version of the fulfillments. Everything has to be "spiritualized" in order for them (the fulfillments) to fit, so to speak. It is clear the prophecies were meant for 2,000 years ago, but in my estimation, they were supposed to be physical events through and through, not partial physical and partial spiritual.

The problem I find is that both sides believe in a Jesus who was more than a mere man, propped up as either a god or at least someone divine. This forces both sides to take the Gospels seriously and this, I feel, is where the problems start.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Good question.

1. By checking the chronologicalorder of things in the Bible. Major changes occur roughly @ 2000 years.

2. By the teaching of the Holy spirit

Old 05-05-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Good question.

1. By checking the chronological order of things in the Bible. Major changes occur roughly @ 2000 years.

2. By the teaching of the Holy spirit

Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Before Christ returns the complement of the nations (the fulness of the Gentile believers) must first take place (which it hasn't) according to Paul's secret of Romans 11:25 and then Christ will return per 11:26.

Also, there must be a world-wide earthquake in which the cities of the nations are destroyed, the islands moved from their places and the great city divided into three parts (Rev.16,18,19).

None of the above has happened yet so Christ has not returned yet to set up the next age kingdom on the earth.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
What? Is He hiding out somewhere? Why?
"Where the carcass is there the eagles gather".

It means there are people that already know him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity