Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:07 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times

Advertisements

Do Universalists warn people, as Paul did, to be pure from the blood of all men? If so, what are you warning people about?

Acts 20
[26] Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
[27] For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
[31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Last edited by scgraham; 06-02-2010 at 01:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
If by unilateralist, you mean God's will?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Do unilateralists warn people, as Paul did, to be pure from the blood of all men? If so, what are you warning people about?

Acts 20
[26] Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
[27] For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
[28] Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
[29] For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
[30] Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
[31] Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
What is a unilateralist? That God will have His way?

If so, then:

yes, there are many evil doctrines which have "crept in" the church.
But it's always the Almighty who is working and will work, so what we preach is: reconciliation to God, goodness, holiness, Love, peace, faithfulness.

(A good example of evil doctrine is the blind support of Zionism and the "state" of Israel.)

Blessings,
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 01:48 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Sorry, Universalists -- if that is the term to describe one who believes in Universalism. That error was caused by a spell checker.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Do Universalists warn people, as Paul did, to be pure from the blood of all men? If so, what are you warning people about?
Warn people about what? They don't believe there is anything to warn people about.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
The road to destruction does not mean one is damned forever, and simply because there may not be eternal consequenses for ones actions does not make it insignificant.

We can see many people on the road to destruction, some are in bondage to fear of an angry God, there are many examples even in this forum of people posting from a central basis of fear, even if they try to say they are free.

I prefer people find freedom in this life based on my own experiences. However I also know that Gods love to draw all men unto himself is not limited to this life.

The fact that a person who has never heard the message of Christ before they die on this earth will know and believe Christ biblically proves it.

Does this mean we do not care for people to see Christ in this life? No, it means that the understanding of someone doing that is not limited to our religious perceptions of what it should look like.

The road to destruction may be the persons choice, they may suffer loss, but they will be saved.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Sorry, Universalists -- if that is the term to describe one who believes in Universalism. That error was caused by a spell checker.
No prob.

The biggest problem with Universalism is fundamentalism - the literal interpretations and inability to reconcile the meaning of scripture as it pertains to the Plan of God for the ages.

imo

Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Warn people about what? They don't believe there is anything to warn people about.
Hi Mr Jarber,
The idea is not that there are no consequences of sinful living. The belief is that God SAVES His people and CHANGES them. It's His work, and He will accomplish it in HIS time.
There are some being saved now; others will come in later.
We are to become conformed to His Image: forgiving, merciful, righteous (NOT self-righteous), Loving, Peaceful.

Blessings to you!
brian

Old 06-02-2010, 03:18 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Finn

If as you say you do not like it when people speak for you -- why are you trying to speak for other people??

Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Also these qualities: patient, faithful, believing the best in everyone, not seeking our own benefit, but that of others; encouraging, never giving up, never holding grudges..

blessings,
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity