Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 10:42 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,901,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm just glad the Renegade didn't replace this:

Though judging by all the Wrangler queues on the Renegade, it might have crossed Fiat's mind.

Anyway, there is only 1 real Jeep and it's the only thing on the Jeep dealer lot that I'm willing to throw money at.

Besides, the Renegade is no worse than the Compass or Patriot.
Show the two door Wrangler, and I would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,699 times
I don't think it looks that bad, in fact the Red one in that photo looks pretty cool.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:26 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Meh, it is a throwaway crossover. I am not impressed and would not buy a crossover just because it had Jeep styling queues. (Honestly, as a former 2 time TJ owner, this and the new Cherokee are kind of ugly to my eyes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm just glad the Renegade didn't replace this:

Though judging by all the Wrangler queues on the Renegade, it might have crossed Fiat's mind.

Anyway, there is only 1 real Jeep and it's the only thing on the Jeep dealer lot that I'm willing to throw money at.

Besides, the Renegade is no worse than the Compass or Patriot.
I doubt it crossed their mind for a second. Jeep cannot make enough Wranglers these days. Sales are up 40% since they dumped the old boat anchor minivan motor the JK was introduced with, and dropped in the Pentastar. They also seem to move a lot of Sahara's these days, with stickers approaching $40K.

I would not be surprised if the Wrangler is one of the most profitable vehicles on the market for any manufacturer.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post

I would not be surprised if the Wrangler is one of the most profitable vehicles on the market for any manufacturer.
It also wouldn't be surprising if they went this route with an uber luxury Wrangler model...

G-Class Off-Roading Luxury SUV: G550 and G63 AMG | Mercedes-Benz

Maybe a $75,000-$80,000 equivalent?

Old 06-04-2014, 02:06 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No way. Those Fiats drive like golf carts, even on the road. I test drove a new 2014 model and that thing had zero pep. Plus the Jeep is ugly. It reminds me of a combination of a Honda Element and a Nissan Juke. And what's with the model's skirt? I guess they picked her to match the car as well. It's smart to stick with a common theme, I guess
You do realize that Fiat makes some worthwhile little 4x4s in the REST of the world, don't you? And you can think it's ugly, the Wrangler is ugly too, compared to a classic Pininfarina design, but it's beauty comes fom it's ability and what it was designed to do, as doe s this littler Jeep. it's a small, capable offroad/onroad rig that is more practically sized than the bigger Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, with classic Jeep styling cues and a nice interior.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:15 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,542,738 times
Based purely on how it looks, I think it is cute- it looks like a toy car.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:19 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Jeep should have closed their doors years ago. This thing reminds me of the Nissan Cube.

Why should it close it's doors? When it's have had some of the best sells ever lately..Jeep has sold almost as many SUV'S as the entire Hyundai lineup. . . .

Old 06-04-2014, 06:36 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,014 times
I don't like the look of this car, but the consensus (on the internet) seems to be very positive. I think it will sell well, but not my cup of tea.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Meh, it is a throwaway crossover. I am not impressed and would not buy a crossover just because it had Jeep styling queues. (Honestly, as a former 2 time TJ owner, this and the new Cherokee are kind of ugly to my eyes).

I doubt it crossed their mind for a second. Jeep cannot make enough Wranglers these days. Sales are up 40% since they dumped the old boat anchor minivan motor the JK was introduced with, and dropped in the Pentastar. They also seem to move a lot of Sahara's these days, with stickers approaching $40K.

I don't know... I'm sure the US market looks different when viewed from a Tuscan Villa. They may just be stupid enough to think those dumb Americans will jump at style over substance, buying into some random cheaper to manufacturer Panda-esque platform with big wheels and a Jeepy looking body on top. After all, most Wrangler owners don't go off-road much anyway. Of course I don't know for sure, but it's easy to imagine a ragtop Renegade being peddled as the next Wrangler behind closed doors while American Jeep execs beg on their hands and knees for the Italians to change their minds!

Just look at what's going to happen to the Defender... if THAT icon of of the bush can get independent suspension and horrific round Evoque-ish styling, you can bet the Wrangler isn't safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
It also wouldn't be surprising if they went this route with an uber luxury Wrangler model...

G-Class Off-Roading Luxury SUV: G550 and G63 AMG | Mercedes-Benz

Maybe a $75,000-$80,000 equivalent?
This I could see too, having just paid too much for a Rubi myself.

The Wrangler's image has changed a lot in the last 20 years; when I was a kid they were not-so-serious toys that only younger people wanted, but not anymore. Making the J8 available for the world's battlefields was a brilliant market move too; few things get guys to part with their money like "real" tacti-cool stuff. Anyway, I could see the Wrangler evolving into an out of reach rich-man's style accessory...after all, it's half-way there already!

Anyway, the Renegade is gonna make some serious $$$... I'm sure of it.

Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
All SUV's and those kind of things are meant for women, not men. No men drive those type of vehicles anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram