Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 07:16 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
This thing is just hideous! Who in their right state of mind would buy this? Fiat took a well respected classic and turned it into a damn sandbox toy.
LOL - in all fairness, the color choice in the picture posted sucks, and your sandbox comment seems really appropriate for the setting of the displayed vehicle!

In orange with the orange interior accents (posted later in the thread), this vehicle looks awesome. It still isn't as tough looking as a Wrangler, but it looks like something young drivers would want. It will compete in the market against the Kia Soul and Nissan Juke according to Edmunds (and the Jeep Wrangler according to me).

Could this vehicle be the next Aztec? I don't know. It depends upon many factors: price being foremost and then followed by how rugged and reliable it really is and lastly on whether it proves fun to drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 01:35 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,113,364 times
Looks like a jacked-up Nissan Cube.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,712,828 times
The Jeep looks like a Cube and a RAV4 had a baby....and it's ugly!!

Old 06-09-2014, 07:09 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,771,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
You can still get an F150 with rollup windows, and rubber floor mats. I like the JK, but when compared with my old CJ it's way different. Do the doors come off?
Yes and it does not take that long, even with the power locks and windows. They even have it set so that the dome light does not stay on, so no need to buy the little clips that keep the button pushed in. Though you do have to turn the radio off manually as opening a door is the signal it uses to stop playing.

Quote:
Does the windshield come off?
Yes, though it is quite a bit more work than even the TJ. Never tried it, but it looks like you have to remove the entire bracket with about 6 bolts to do it.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:11 AM

1,232 posts, read 1,903,078 times
I really hate the four door version of the Wrangler, but I can't argue the popularity (the dealer lots, the streets, and the "grocery store lots", are full of them).

Old 06-20-2014, 06:14 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,501,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Secondly it's the market. If there was a demand for manual windows and stripped down guts, they'd make them. The fact is that actual buyers, not just enthusiasts and keyboard jockeys, are demanding all the bells and whistles. Everything is going upmarket, but that's because the market is demanding it, not the manufacturers.
Oh so true. I wasn't going for a second base model truck when I went shopping last year. One truck with manual windows and vinyl floor was enough. I love it, but it's a work truck I can get dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post

The majority of the population do not want or need Dana 44 axles front and rear. Most mild off roaders don't even need them. A person who buys a wrangler to use to drive through snow and the occasional camping trip will not need Dana 44's locked front and rear. The few that do can buy a Rubicon.

Jeep is selling what people want. I think it'll sell very well.
I like what this looks like. Stare at a Grand Cherokee for a bit and get back to me. Dat 9-speed trans? Nice. The front end? Not so much.

My brother and SIL just bought a Rubicon. Since he was an auto tech, I think we'll start practicing on rebuilding that 5-speed auto trans. It's German. Could be a wallet drainer if it goes. He may as well dive head first into this stuff.

The funny thing is that he won't drive it that much, supposedly. Well, it's not going to make money sitting in a driveway...

Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,821,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
I really hate the four door version of the Wrangler, but I can't argue the popularity (the dealer lots, the streets, and the "grocery store lots", are full of them).
And out on the trails, but you probably don't see 'em, spending so much time in the city and all...

Funny how the Landrover Series/Defender never got any flack or claims that it was no longer a LR and was now only good for mall parking lots when the Landie sprouted an extra pair of doors. I'm not sure how or why the Wrangler is any different.

The JKU actually turned a weekend toy into a far more useful vehicle without sacrificing any off-road cred. I love mine!

Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
It also wouldn't be surprising if they went this route with an uber luxury Wrangler model...

G-Class Off-Roading Luxury SUV: G550 and G63 AMG | Mercedes-Benz

Maybe a $75,000-$80,000 equivalent?
Nah. Mercedes, Porsche, and Range Rover can release capable off-road luxury SUV's that cost a mint because of their brand's image, history, and the place in the market they've basically always held. Jeep isn't a part of that market. They're a rough-and-tumble brand with roots in the military that markets to the american middle class, most of whom aren't interested in shelling out that much for what would basically be a luxed-out off road toy.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
I saw one of these in the flesh for the first time yesterday. It's a ruggedly handsome little devil. The AWD version seems like it would make a great little four-season runabout.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:14 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Can you say f-e-m-i-n-i-n-e?
Exactly what I was thinking. An off-road capable "cute UTE" for the girl who likes her BF's Wrangler.

Joking aside, I think they will be popular with women. for the same reasons the new VW bug was when it came out (sans the dashboard flower holders, I hope).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram