Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,305,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Clearly, Jeep is targeting the Subaru Forester with the Renegade--mild off-road capability with enough ground clearance and gearing for that. If Jeep is going to challenge the Subie, though, the Jeep will have to demonstrate a much better reliability record than it has in most of its models in the last few years.

In nearly every application, the automotive press has roundly criticized the 2.4L Tigershark engine as being buzzy, underpowered, and thirsty. Jeep should pull its head out of its you-know-where and offer the 2.0L VM Motori turbodiesel in the US that it sells in the European Cherokees and (now) the European Renegades. The hugely better fuel economy and performance of that engine compared to the gas 4's now available in the US would capture a lot of sales for Jeep of both the Renegade and the Cherokee. Instead, Jeep wastes its time putting a hundred "Easter Egg" Jeep emblems all over the Renegade--childish BS instead of mechanical substance.
Reminds me more of the CrossTour...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 07:14 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Sorry I love it and it will do amazingly well. If I were in the market it is one I would seriously consider. It's fun, capable, and comes in a proper manual.
Ditto. And its doing very well with buyers and winning multiple awards to boot!

Old 12-04-2015, 10:09 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,762,896 times
We passed one on the highway the other day and my wife had to take a second look and when she realized it was a Jeep she commented on how ugly it was. I do the same when I see the Cherokee. Hopefully Jeep improves the looks in 2018 when the Grand Wagoneer is reintroduced. Jeep owners want rugged, classic looking Jeeps. Jeep on the other hand makes these ugly, cheap looking crossovers to pull in another type of market.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:09 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
We passed one on the highway the other day and my wife had to take a second look and when she realized it was a Jeep she commented on how ugly it was. I do the same when I see the Cherokee. Hopefully Jeep improves the looks in 2018 when the Grand Wagoneer is reintroduced. Jeep owners want rugged, classic looking Jeeps. Jeep on the other hand makes these ugly, cheap looking crossovers to pull in another type of market.
To each his/her own. I happen to love how the Renegade looks. However, I'm with you on the Cherokee!

Old 12-04-2015, 02:17 PM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,570 times
They are selling tons of the Wranglers in my neck of the woods. But central Alabama has regular gasoline for between 1.75 and 1.90 per gallon. I'm willing to bet that's well cheaper than many of you pay.

I had to buy a new/used car last month as I have a 16 year old now driving. I didn't even consider a Jeep. When gas goes back to 4.00 a gallon, which literally could happen anytime, I won't be paying 90.00 for fill ups.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,176,026 times
I'd want to see the reliability of it, with it being a Fiat, but, I like them. I don't think I would want one for myself, but my wife would love it.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:10 AM

929 posts, read 2,724,579 times
I am not sure of the sales figures, but here in Tampa Bay they are all over .
It does look like a toy, but I guess that sales.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:55 AM

9,984 posts, read 5,686,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
This thing is just hideous! Who in their right state of mind would buy this? Fiat took a well respected classic and turned it into a damn sandbox toy.
The Renegade turned out to be the 2nd-best selling small CUV in 2016, the first full year it was on sale, with over 100,000 units moved. The only model to beat it out was another Jeep, the Patriot.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
The Renegade is selling well in this area. I see them all over the place. They're now in their 3rd year of production, so I would think that most of the rough spots have been ironed out.

The new Jeep Compass looks like it could be another good seller, looking a lot like a down-sized Grand Cherokee. The Jeep brand seems to be doing well and probably adds a lot to FCA's profits.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:24 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Exactly what I was thinking. An off-road capable "cute UTE" for the girl who likes her BF's Wrangler.

Joking aside, I think they will be popular with women. for the same reasons the new VW bug was when it came out (sans the dashboard flower holders, I hope).
I actually read an article where a Jeep corporate guy gave the reason for the demise of the Liberty as having become a "chick car", which greatly limited sales. At the time, my wife had one. That was probably 6-7 years ago, can't find the article now, but many Jeep forums discuss that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram