Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 AM

53 posts, read 70,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
Good example right here of what I was talking about as a MUCH better street than Greendale, and very close by.

https://www.comey.com/p/445-Rawson-W..._cincy/1504542
Very nice. More than I want to spend but like the location and overall look. Might be overpriced, too, because it's been on the market for awhile. Doesn't look like it has a backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamanderSmile View Post
People generally prefer to to have flow through from Vine Street, amongst others. So no to Greendale. Clifton Hills looks nice, no backyard though. Do you think the list of upgrades adds up to the $180k they are aksing above what they paid in 2012? Also keep in mind that you will have to send the kids to private school or roll the dice in the lottery for a CPS magnet.

ETA: they bought it for $275k in 2012, so the $225k delta is "upgrades". They also fought to have the tax value reduced to $275k so the tax burden on that house will essentially almost double the minute it sells for $500k. So rather than $7000/yr taxes you will be paying $13k.
I went through the house. You can still hear I-75 in the house and louder outside which I definitely do not like. Also, not sure how they can justify the price difference. They cleaned up the house a bit and remodeled the kitchen but don't see $225k worth of work. Still needs a lot of work. All the bathrooms are original and road noise inside. Road noise is a deal breaker.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
Clifton Hills Terrace is an okay but not great corner of Clifton. You can usually hear the wash of I-75 traffic and it's too far to walk to the Clifton business district. Clifton Hills and Clifton Crest cross each other but have identical street addresses which have confused pizza delivery guys for the past 50 years.

Greendale connects directly with Jeurgens, which is an Avondale street. Any day now it's going to be flipped into a yuppie street but in its current condition I'm sure that Wilson123 couldn't handle it. AT LEAST 3-4 black families live there which means your home and cars will be broken into EVERY NIGHT.
Thank you. This is super helpful. You are correct about the I-75 traffic noise. I heard it inside the house and louder outside. I could hear it from every room. I love the street, some nice homes there but that road noise is a deal breaker.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi in cinci View Post
I am entertained by the "no" to Greendale. I have a good friend who has lived on Greendale for about 5 years and loves it. I have visited many times (At all hours) and have not had any encounters that would put me off living there. The house that's currently on the market on Greendale is going to be a huge fixer. I would avoid it for that reason but the street is fine.

I know it's a bit out of your price range but this house on Clifton just it the market. It's completely redone.
https://www.comey.com/p/3738-Clifton..._cincy/1523703
Love the house you shared. Unfortunately it's off of Clifton so I assume there's significant road noise. That's what I didn't like about the Clifton Hills home. Thanks for looking out though and sharing the listing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati