Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:01 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Nice way to stray away from the facts....Dont hate because I speak the truth. which so many of you homers are not willing to do!

Philly should just be walled in, like Escape from NY

Yes Philly has bad areas and great ones, the bad ones unfortunatley are getting better one street at a time, so will take time but on the whole Philly is in a way better position than it was 25 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 10:04 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,255,600 times
CLEVELAND, IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES ...

I felt instantly compelled to respond to this thread concerning Cleveland, my beloved and proud hometown ... I loathe how many people seem to relish "tearing down this city" on a continual basis, many of whom, "without ever having stepped a foot inside of it"
I feel the same exact way about Detroit, too.

To truly know Cleveland, one can't help to be in awe of the city, it's entrancing beauty, it's vast cultural amenities and it's friendly and easy going atmosphere. I departed Cleveland for a business opportunity in the "up and coming city" of Columbus ... but, I can honestly say that "I miss Cleveland every day that I'm away"

Cleveland ( and Detroit ) is a very unique and a special city ... it's a city with a history of prominence in our country, and definitely a city that has helped to shape and mould our United States into the powerful nation that we are today.

I often marvel at the role that Cleveland and Detroit have played in the shaping of our modern day way of life ... these cities were a once powerful backbone of "American Power", and were very authentic "representatives" of our countries prominence on a vast world stage.

Did you know ...

"Cleveland was thee 1st city in the entire world to be electrically illuminated", but just one a myriad of proud footnotes in the cities incredibly rich history.

Just taking a drive throughout Cleveland, seeing the opulence of our grande museums in "University Circle", the mansions along "Lake Avenue" in the historic "Edgewater" neighborhood on the cities near west side ... or the awe inspiring beauty of our profoundly notable architecture, particularly in the downtown area ... starting with our massive civic structures like Cleveland City Hall, US Federal Reserve Bank, Grays Armory, Terminal Tower ( now named Tower City Centre ) and so many other countless structures that are of architectural significance.

Cleveland is ... sprawling and spacious with opulent suburbs that are second to none, but it is also a city with a "slightly compromised present day" ... with festering and blighted inner city districts, some latent racial strife and a city that has seen it's industrial backbone wither away

Then you discover modern day Cleveland and it's changing future ... a city replete with gleaming hi rise towers of glass and steel, and emerging "brand new residential districts" in the city centre ... See for yourself!

Cleveland Condos | The Avenue District

Welcome | The Residences at 668 - Apartments in Cleveland

Stonebridge Condominiums | Plaza at Stonebridge | Towers at Stonebridge | Downtown Cleveland Condos

Pinnacle Condominiums - 701 Lakeside Avenue - Home

Cleveland is in distress, there's no disputing of the hard facts ... but, it's also a city that "IS RAPIDLY EVOLVING INTO AN EVER MORE APPEALING METROPOLIS FOR THE MASSES ONCE MORE ...

The city has seen investments made that number in "the hundreds of billions of dollars", further reshaping and defining Cleveland's emerging and irrefutable renaissance. Cleveland is also a major WORLDWIDE destination for healthcare and research ... the renowned CLEVELAND CLINIC FOUNDATION and UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS OF CLEVELAND are consistently ranked as two of the best medical institutions in the world.
I'm a native son, I know this city inside and out ... it's going to surprise all of it's detractors

Sure, Cleveland doesn't suit everyones tastes ... but it's HOME for me ( no matter where I am living now ), and I will celebrate my return one day soon and forever defend it's integrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgwVMf77fvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C-LZ...eature=related

Last edited by JohnDBaumgardner; 09-02-2010 at 10:29 AM..

Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Quote:
Please let keep this on Philly....Let not bring Pittsburgh into this...Pittsburgh is 100 times safer than Philly and nowhere near Philly's violent crime rates....Pittsburgh does NOT KILL COPS....

OLNEY is not that BAD...Ok you must have a very low standard then.....or smokin something REAL GOOD!

Yes I'm from Pittsburgh, but Lived in Philadelphia, DC and now NYC what's you're point...That I'm not a Philly Homer?
100 times safer?- I woudn't even say it's twice as safe.
Sure, it may be safer than Philly, but I don't get why your passionately going at Philly in this way.

Olney is a very diverse neighborhood. It was ghetto, I never said it wasn't, but compared to the ghettos in New Orleans, Detroit, or Baltimore- NO way is it as bad.

North Philadelphia East... Now that's bad.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:35 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,093,832 times
Quote:
Yes I'm from Pittsburgh, but Lived in Philadelphia, DC and now NYC what's you're point...That I'm not a Philly Homer?
Thanks for being honest. Pittsburgh natives tend to be Philly-haters, and that disdain is oozing from your posts like you have some sort of ax to grind.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:37 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Thanks for being honest. Pittsburgh natives tend to be Philly-haters, and that disdain is oozing from your posts like you have some sort of ax to grind.

I never really understood that, not all are, but have found many to be quite vocal. I really do not see the sentiment being returned actually

Old 09-02-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Nice way to stray away from the facts....Dont hate because I speak the truth. which so many of you homers are not willing to do!

I just did a 2-minute search of your other posts, and you are clearly a Pittsburgh homer. Pot, meet kettle.

Do you understand that when you speak too harshly against a given topic, people stop taking your posts seriously?

Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I never really understood that, not all are, but have found many to be quite vocal. I really do not see the sentiment being returned actually
No, aside from sports rivalry, there's little anti-Pittsburgh sentiment in the Philadelphia region.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,188,334 times
Quote:
Please let keep this on Philly....Let not bring Pittsburgh into this...Pittsburgh is 100 times safer than Philly and nowhere near Philly's violent crime rates....Pittsburgh does NOT KILL COPS....

OLNEY is not that BAD...Ok you must have a very low standard then.....or smokin something REAL GOOD!

My point is you make Philly seem worse than it really is and by the way DC, Bmore and other cities in the BosWash have a higher muder rate than philly and by the way, Philly is growing while Pittsburgh is shrinking. And yes onley is not that bad and is definitely not in the news everday as you stated.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,874,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
CLEVELAND, IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES ...

I imagine you wearing an "I [heart] the Cleave" hat and t-shirt everyday of the week. Are you being paid by the city of Cleveland to advertise?

Anyway, good information on Cleveland. Never been, but I'll have to make a trip there someday.

Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM

126 posts, read 304,511 times
Quote:
ugh this thread is called: "Detroit, Baltimore, Cleveland, New Orleans, Philly, Oakland etc......THE GOOD!"

Yes Philly has dangerous areas and ghettos. No one ever denied that. Every major city does.
and you have no room to call anyone else a homer

haters like you are the reason why this thread was made in the first place.
We get it, you hate philly. you've made it clear on other threads too. This thread is about saying positive things. If you want to say negative things, then make your own thread and stop trolling here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City