Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more urban and has more of a "big city" feel?
Houston 69 29.11%
Seattle 168 70.89%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 04:23 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
No I am paying attention and pointing out that the galleria area has more in common with suburban development than typical city urban development.

BTW - its Adderall, might I suggest the XR version, extends the halflife and more continuity in realease

And yes I have been to Ft Bend County actually, Memorial Hermann Hospital which to the best of knowledge is definately in Fort Bend, as is Katy I believe

On your allusion of Manhattan bend your interpretation as you desire

Oh yes, This:

is developing just like this:

And for your information, Memorial Hermann has Satellite Hospitals all over the Metro area but the main hospital is in teh Medical center. smack in the middle of Harris County dude

Old 08-28-2010, 04:28 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Oh yes, This:

is developing just like this:

And for your information, Memorial Hermann has Satellite Hospitals all over the Metro area but the main hospital is in teh Medical center. smack in the middle of Harris County dude

Yes it looks very similar the suburban pictures I showed, and those other pictures, the residential areas similar to your pictures lies just outside these districts as it does in the galleria and the burbs I showed pictures of,

On the Memorial Hermann, I was specifically describing the one in Katy, as I said I am pretty sure it is in Fort Bend, please correct me if there is not a Memorial Hermann in Katy, I have also been to the TMC at least 40 times

Old 08-28-2010, 04:33 PM

And honestly you confuse tall buildings with being urban

Old 08-28-2010, 04:41 PM

And honestly I have nothing against houston, but to call it urban is mostly innacurate, it is a large metropolitan suburbanesque area

Old 08-28-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
And honestly you confuse tall buildings with being urban

I am not the one confused buddy. You confuse the galleria are with being suburban

Old 08-28-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
And honestly I have nothing against houston, but to call it urban is mostly innacurate, it is a large metropolitan suburbanesque area

I am not saying it is 100% urban but it has many urban areas aand many suburban areas. If you knew it you would know that

Old 08-28-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I am not the one confused buddy. You confuse the galleria are with being suburban

You know almost every picture I posted is a town centered around a mall, some of them even call them the galleria.

People in Houston believe this is urban whereas almost the exact same look, feel, and function in most other metros it is considered suburban or in the suburbs.

Why is the same thing different in Houston, maybe it is the really tall building in close proximity to mall parking lots, yes that is unique

Old 08-28-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Yes it looks very similar the suburban pictures I showed, and those other pictures, the residential areas similar to your pictures lies just outside these districts as it does in the galleria and the burbs I showed pictures of,
the areas you showed were not suburban in nature. You showed business areas.

Quote:
On the Memorial Hermann, I was specifically describing the one in Katy, as I said I am pretty sure it is in Fort Bend, please correct me if there is not a Memorial Hermann in Katy, I have also been to the TMC at least 40 times

Like I said there are many satellite MH hospitals. The main one is in the medical center. if you ask someone in Houston where the MH hospital was they would tell you the med center not Katy or Fort Bend

Old 08-28-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
You know almost every picture I posted is a town centered around a mall, some of them even call them the galleria.

People in Houston believe this is urban whereas almost the exact same look, feel, and function in most other metros it is considered suburban or in the suburbs.
we didn't say it was urban. we said it was not suburban. Look back at the definition of suburban cause I seriously don't think you know what it is

Quote:
Why is the same thing different in Houston, maybe it is the really tall building in close proximity to mall parking lots, yes that is unique

again tall buildings don't necessarily have to be urban, but they are certainly not an urban feature.

Suburbs are areas that are largelt residential. Uptown is not largely residential. It is largely business oriented with some residential buildings.

How is the definition of suburban so hard for you to grasp?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I am not saying it is 100% urban but it has many urban areas aand many suburban areas. If you knew it you would know that

HTown I have been going to Houston since the mid 90s, have probably been there an accumulated 30-40 weeks of my life over that span, I have been to every neighborhood you describe multiple times. I visit a friend in the woodlands at least twice a year on top of that, I actually am pretty familiar with the city, ESPECIALLY the galleria. I have been nearly hit by a car crossing the street in the area, had a drink with Bill Walton in the Marriott at the Galleria, he was in to do one of the first Yao Ming games that time, I am dating myself, but YES I know the cities and the area being discussed very well. Why to me it feels just like many suburban areas I am also very familiar with.

Is midtown more similar to Tysons Corner or Downtown Boston, serious question, you tell me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City